Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

.: Shaner014's 11.4 | New Photo's! :.

shaner014

Looks good!

Thanks! Glad your new light schedule is working out too.

Lid looks good and your new goby is so cuuuuute!!!

Now if only he'd get some courage and come out of hiding. Still only been a few days, I know it takes time for them to get comfortable. Still hate waiting <_<

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did you get such perfect cuts on the screen channel? When I cut Mine, the channel got pinched and I had to pry it back open...

How did you get such perfect cuts on the screen channel? When I cut Mine, the channel got pinched and I had to pry it back open...

Perfect is a bit of a stretch if you look at them up close, haha. I used a scrap piece of channel and a dremmel with cutting wheel and practiced. I filed the endges after to even them out if needed. It wasn't all that tough after a few practice cuts. The dremel was way easier than the hacksaw I tried first.

only way to be man :D

I try to when I can and know it will come out clean! I mod a lot more than full on DIY. It's certainly a rewarding venture, if it works, haha.

lolol Diy'ers....

Patience is key, you can do it!

• Like 1

Elos Osmocontroller is on truck for delivery omgomgomg

Once I get this thing dialed in, I'll start stocking the tank with some coral finally!

Elos Osmocontroller is on truck for delivery omgomgomg

Once I get this thing dialed in, I'll start stocking the tank with some coral finally!

Looking for anything specifically?

I like.

I like that it worked! No more fishing the bugger out of the filter. :)

Looking for anything specifically?

Not really, if you have anything your trying to frag let me know for sure!

I just recently added a green clown goby to my tank and i may have to do the screen mod to the overflow teeth. He hasn't tried it yet but if he did he'd end up the a filter sock in my sump..

• Like 2

Not really, if you have anything your trying to frag let me know for sure!

I have some mini pink Digi colonies and some acropora, A few fragable zoanthids, turquoise trumpet coral frag, GSP, kenya tree leather, Xenia, and a bunch of different macro algae. Im not sure when exactly but i will be selling some torch corals soon also. let me know if you want anything.

• Like 1

I have some mini pink Digi colonies and some acropora, A few fragable zoanthids, turquoise trumpet coral frag, GSP, kenya tree leather, Xenia, and a bunch of different macro algae. Im not sure when exactly but i will be selling some torch corals soon also. let me know if you want anything.

I'm interested in any Zoo's, maybe a couple trumpet heads, and torch depending on color. I loved my old torch, favorite piece, but want a better color this time (though my lights will make any torch look better I'm guessing given the heavy blue spectrum).

PM me what ya got and $

• Like 1

8369051852_73a20c7ec3_b.jpg
FTS by chubbyreefer, on Flickr

Full Tank Shot. Best I can do with flickr filters on my phone! Too lazy for actual editing until I get a decent camera.

I still want to add some height in the left/middle. Trying to decide whether to do it with coral or more rock...

Also ordered a Vertex Duplex

Gonna pick up some inexpensive piece's (couple zoo's) from a local reefer tomorrow morning, should give me a good idea of my lighting schedule over the next couple weeks. Excited to get some stuff from VeganBrian in the coming weeks too!

Wow, I love that little Caribbean brain, and am actually a little jealous - have always looked for that on Florida rock and never found one! :angry: Where did you get your rock - SWP?

If you ever want to trade it for a Pacific brain let me know - I have a small (2") red and green one I would trade in a heartbeat! fingerscrossed

I am also going to be fragging a large colony of turquoise trumpet coral soon if you are interested, and maybe some branching hammer.

As for the left "height need" either add a small rock or two, or use a gorgonian - some of them are great for filling in "empty/ open space".

By the way - very nice set-up... B)

Wow, I love that little Caribbean brain, and am actually a little jealous - have always looked for that on Florida rock and never found one! :angry: Where did you get your rock - SWP?

If you ever want to trade it for a Pacific brain let me know - I have a small (2") red and green one I would trade in a heartbeat! fingerscrossed

I am also going to fragging a large colony of turquoise trumpet coral soon if you are interested, and maybe some branching hammer.

As for the left "height need" either add a small rock or two, or use a gorgonian - some of them are great for filling in "empty/ open space".

By the way - very nice set-up... B)

Yea, I got it from Joe at SWP. He was surprised he missed the brain when he sold it, he said he usually pops them off because of the rarity. It has a really cool orange, green coloration that I can do no justice to with pictures. I think I want to hang on to it given that they aren't around too much. :)

Thanks for the kind words, I hope I can get some nice pieces in it soon and that the light does well enough at keeping them happy. I think I'll probably find another small rock or too like you say. If after a week I havent melted anything I get tomorrow, I'll pm you about a frag or two.

thanks for following!

Hey, how much was the cleaner mag vertex duplex?

They were sold out everywhere I checked. I found one New on ebay, came to 18.50 after shipping

• Like 1

Archived