Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

.: Shaner014's 11.4 | New Photo's! :.

shaner014

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

Thanks! Harvey gets jealous of the time I spend staring into my box of water. So does my wife.... <_<

Lolol same goes with my dog!! haha

Deleted User 4

Nice woggy! :D

How's the new heater working out? Is it always steady? I need something steady. Mine just won't hold at a constant temperature.

I highly recommend the rena 50w heater!! I just got mine yesterday and it's freaking steady as hell.

The red light blinks slow on and off when the temperature is really cold compared to the temp you set the meter at.

When it's too warm, it blinks fast on and off. And when it's just on, it means the heater is heating alittle to the right temp and when it's off, the heater is not heating up at the moment because of the perfect temp.

Lolol same goes with my dog!! haha

You shouldn't talk about your wife that way! ;)

Nice woggy! :D

How's the new heater working out? Is it always steady? I need something steady. Mine just won't hold at a constant temperature.

Thanks! The heater is perfect, I will be using this from here on out (make sure you buy the correct wattage for your application)

I highly recommend the rena 50w heater!! I just got mine yesterday and it's freaking steady as hell.

The red light blinks slow on and off when the temperature is really cold compared to the temp you set the meter at.

When it's too warm, it blinks fast on and off. And when it's just on, it means the heater is heating alittle to the right temp and when it's off, the heater is not heating up at the moment because of the perfect temp.

I like the Rena too, however the 50 Watt wouldn't keep up with my tank, and I liked the slim profile of the Neo-Therm. It fit better in my HOB filter then the Rena did.

Deleted User 4

Hmmm weird, my tank was freaking cold, as low as 50 degrees, now that's winter. And it only took couple hours for the whole tank to warm up...Maybe it's because my tank is smaller than yours haha.

The rena 50w is pretty sleek!! Slim I mean.

Hmmm weird, my tank was freaking cold, as low as 50 degrees, now that's winter. And it only took couple hours for the whole tank to warm up...Maybe it's because my tank is smaller than yours haha.

The rena 50w is pretty sleek!! Slim I mean.

I'm not sure of the reason, the ambient room temp is around 66 degree's this winter. The heater used to keep my old tank at a perfect 80 in a very similar environment. It may have just gotten old, I have had it for 4 years. I have it going in a 5.5 quarantine tank at the moment and it's holding that temp fine. :huh: Dunno.

Either way, I am glad I was forced to buy a new heater, I am that impressed with the Neo-Therm.

Deleted User 4

I'm not sure of the reason, the ambient room temp is around 66 degree's this winter. The heater used to keep my old tank at a perfect 80 in a very similar environment. It may have just gotten old, I have had it for 4 years. I have it going in a 5.5 quarantine tank at the moment and it's holding that temp fine. :huh: Dunno.

Either way, I am glad I was forced to buy a new heater, I am that impressed with the Neo-Therm.

Ohh I meant 60 degrees ahah. I see, makes much more sense now :)

I have been searching for an ATO I liked, and liked the price of for about 2 weeks now. I keep coming back to the ELOS, and have almost ordered it twice. Then I got an email tonight from BRS introducing the new Tunze Nano ATO... decisions...

Get it if you really need it. :)

Really need it... theres an interesting concept! Haha.

I never had an ATO before but I would like to make this tank as simple as possible as far as actual required maintenience day to day, and I know the benefits of a constant salinity are worth the cost. Just been unsure which one is worth it, and looks ok with no sump.

Get it then!! What are you waiting for? :)

Hopefully have a deal worked out for the Elos. Will know soon. fingerscrossed

Might pick up a fish today too, gonna browse around my LFS when I pick up RO/DI water. If something catches my eye it's coming home! Probably will have some coral in another week or so, after I do a couple PWC's and see that parameters are holding steady enough.

Thanks for looking!

Got a small Goby. I think it's a Citron? LFS had it tagged yellow clown, I think it's something other than the basic species. Edit: Link to species

8350422665_fcb23022e2_b.jpg
Untitled by chubbyreefer, on Flickr

Edit Two: This guy never came out after about 2 weeks, not even to eat. I traded him back in before he starved...

Hmmm it looks yellow from the picture but it's weird how yours have orange spots on the top spinal! :)

gobiodon atrangulatus brings up similar looking goby's on google image search, I guess it could be that ?

Deleted User 4

gobiodon atrangulatus brings up similar looking goby's on google image search, I guess it could be that ?

Yuppp, it's definitely that alright. :)

So I found my new fish in my AC70 twice already. I guess he's swimming through the slots of the badfish overflow box. I put some filter sponge around it temporarily to stop him. I can't believe the impeller didn't chew him up! I guess I'll have to put some sort of screen behind the inside of the filter box to make the slots smaller/impassable. Should be an easy fix. Never a dull moment in this hobby... :)

Deleted User 4

The little goby I just got, he has either been hiding or stuck in my filter his whole time here so far, haha.

lolol. That's one brave goby :)

• Like 1

Got my top finished! Thanks again Rathje for sending some netting my way!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90717616@N08/8360730109/'>8360730109_665ba5b370_b.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90717616@N08/8360730109/'>DIY Lid by http://www.flickr.com/people/90717616@N08/'>chubbyreefer, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90717616@N08/8360730675/'>8360730675_a0d0915487_b.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90717616@N08/8360730675/'>DIY Lid by http://www.flickr.com/people/90717616@N08/'>chubbyreefer, on Flickr

Hard to see in the photos but there's a piece of black eggcrate glued to the right corner of the lid to add some protection to that corner. I never had jumper problems with salt before, but my planted tank had about 5 causualties to fish flight, so I didn't want to risk anything.

• Like 1

Archived