Pod Your Reef

.: Shaner014's 11.4 | New Photo's! :.

shaner014

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoa, that's a sickk looking heater aha!! How much was it and where did you buy it from?

Cobalt has a Amazon.com storefront. Not sure if the link works.

I got the 75 watt for $47

Thanks man!! I'm going to need one haha.

No problem!

Yea I am extremely happy with it. Works exactly as described. And is super sleek. My previous favorite heater was the Rena Smartheater, but this neo-therm takes the crown no contest.

Gonna get a CUC tomorrow, then hopefully a small fish next week as long as params look ok!

Ha, I decided to just get a rena smart heater 50w. They're about the same I'm guessing.

My Rena 50 wouldn't keep up with this tank, I think with no cover and all the surface agitation it's just too much. Nice little heater though for sure.

Caribbean Rose Coral, Open brain, Mancina.

Hitch Hiker on Gulf rocks, illegal to trade/sell.

The color on yours is fabulous.

Thank you! Hopefully I don't kill it. Have you found yours to be hardy? Also, why don't they allow trade or sale?

Thank you! Hopefully I don't kill it. Have you found yours to be hardy? Also, why don't they allow trade or sale?

Not sure on the trade thing. I think Dan @ gulf live rock told me and I googled it also.

Mine has been with me since my first rock came in, over 1.5 years. It is my visual indicator of tank health, when it is pissed off I know something is off with the tank parameters, when it is nice and fluffy, I know everything is doing good.

It likes to eat meaty foods.

Deleted User 4

My Rena 50 wouldn't keep up with this tank, I think with no cover and all the surface agitation it's just too much. Nice little heater though for sure.

Ohh you have one too?? Why not? It says it can heat up to 20gallons haha.

Well, my tank is a 8g so should be fine heh.

Was yours used and aged?

Not sure on the trade thing. I think Dan @ gulf live rock told me and I googled it also. Mine has been with me since my first rock came in, over 1.5 years. It is my visual indicator of tank health, when it is pissed off I know something is off with the tank parameters, when it is nice and fluffy, I know everything is doing good.It likes to eat meaty foods.
Good to hear! Has it grown much in that time? I have target fed some cyclo-peeze and it seemed to like it lol. I don't have any frozen food yet, still early. I appreciate your help!

Ohh you have one too?? Why not? It says it can heat up to 20gallons haha.Well, my tank is a 8g so should be fine heh.Was yours used and aged?
It was older, it worked fine though on a 5 gallon for 2 years. Not sure why it can't keep up with the 11
Deleted User 4

Good to hear! Has it grown much in that time? I have target fed some cyclo-peeze and it seemed to like it lol. I don't have any frozen food yet, still early. I appreciate your help!

It was older, it worked fine though on a 5 gallon for 2 years. Not sure why it can't keep up with the 11

Ahh I see. Hmm maybe it's because NY is colder than CA. :)

I only need to turn on the heater for winter times. Summer is just too hot for the heater to be on haha.

Love the build so far! Im interested in what your final light schedule will be so i can get an idea on how to do mine haha.

Thanks!

The coolest feature of the AI Nano is the controllability, but its also the most daunting! Haha, everything I read says start low. Much easier on the coral to add light than take away.

Ahh I see. Hmm maybe it's because NY is colder than CA. :)

I only need to turn on the heater for winter times. Summer is just too hot for the heater to be on haha.

Wish I had that problem! We got 11" of snow last night. Highs in the low 30's all week.

So I got a diatom bloom two days ago, last night I tossed in 3 Nass snails, 3 astreas, a couple hermits (for now) and a peppermint shrimp my friend didn't want. Everything seems happy ATM. Though I did find a Nass snail on the tank stand this morning. Dropped him back in and he seemed unphased.

Gonna wait a few days and maybe get a fish. Trying to find something tiny and lively, or maybe a B&W Clown. Still thinking....

With the help of Rathje I should have a tank top done in the next week! Making the frame today and waiting on the extra netting he was nice enough to let me buy cheap. :)

Thanks for looking!

what a coincidence I got the same heater

its rock solid has held my tank temp steady within 2 degrees since they came out

wont be buying any glass heaters again probably

Nass snails seem to do that a lot. Never had it happen to me though

My atreas do that but they always end up going back into the tank.

After the first night, nothing has tried escaping again.... yet. <_<

what a coincidence I got the same heater

its rock solid has held my tank temp steady within 2 degrees since they came out

wont be buying any glass heaters again probably

Yea I am really liking this heater as well. I have found my new favorite for sure.

No new tank pics, but my little buddy likes his Christmas bone!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90717616@N08/8315242748/'>8315242748_0754529c57_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90717616@N08/8315242748/'>Harvey by http://www.flickr.com/people/90717616@N08/'>chubbyreefer, on Flickr

Archived