SaltCritters.com

.: Shaner014's 11.4 | New Photo's! :.

shaner014

Hey so have you ordered dry rocks yet??

I decided I'm gonna use cured live rock. My LFS has some really nice stuff. I'll probably let it cure further in the tank for a couple weeks, I used it last time and it had just a couple aptasia. That's why I got the Ap X from BRS. (and I needed something else small to hit free shipping haha).

I will probably put the sand and water in in the next couple days. I ordered a surface skimmer attachment for the AC70 from Badfish Reef Systems, so depending on when he thinks he can get that to me, I might wait on that to get the LR in. Trying to be patient is tough!

Only need a couple more items. Live Rock, Chemi-Pure Elite, Filter Floss, and a Turkey baster :) and then of course phase two of bank depletion, Livestock.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4

Hahah I see. I hate aiptasias....lol, I burned one last time with boiling tap water LOL by dipping the aiptasia portion for 5-8 seconds. Next thing you know, that portion is clean and free, boy did it turn whiter too.

Yeah I need a turkey baster too!!

Hahah I see. I hate aiptasias....lol, I burned one last time with boiling tap water LOL by dipping the aiptasia portion for 5-8 seconds. Next thing you know, that portion is clean and free, boy did it turn whiter too.

Yeah I need a turkey baster too!!

Following!

Turkey basters are cheap at the dollar store.I grabbed a few just to have spares and while your there you can pick up some frag glue lol.

Deleted User 4
Following!

Turkey basters are cheap at the dollar store.I grabbed a few just to have spares and while your there you can pick up some frag glue lol.

Hmmm ok. Thanks!

Ordered chemi-pure elite, some filter floss, a cheap battery powered air pump (snow knocks power lines down every once in a while around here, though we haven't had much snow in 2 years!) and a mini gravel vac today. Also picked up a turkey baster (the most used tool of the trade!)

The Badfish AC70 surface skimmer will be here this coming week. Already have an inTank basket I got used off the FS section.

Gonna get water and sand in tomorrow, then hopefully rock Wednesday or Thursday.

Hopefully some living things after New Years!

Thanks for following along :)

Update coming later today...

Just when I finished getting everything I needed, my heater started crapping out. I had a brand new one on hand, but it doesn't fit in the AC70 like the old one did. My plan is to get the Cobalt neo-therm 75 watt after Christmas and mod the inTank basket to allow it to slide down against the back wall of the AC70.

Cured Live Rock is in, water has cleared, couple hitchhikers found (including some aiptasia as I predicted, nothing major, maybe 4-5). CUC will probably go in Sunday, we'll see if any ammonia shows up...

Pictures will be added when I get to work. :)

Pic Dump

8294988074_2255c6bbe6_b.jpg

Untitled by chubbyreefer, on Flickr

8294988626_2caff252f7_b.jpg

8293934587_363d1fe1a7_b.jpg

8294989022_95cc1f47cb_b.jpg

8294989780_f1ba29e9a5_b.jpg

8293936159_9e629f2159_b.jpg

8293937251_64593729db_b.jpg

8293935325_40f7dd68cb_b.jpg

Starfish look friendly?

Heater is temporary in tank, want to get one more piece of rock to add some height to the left side. Pictures taken mostly with just white on. My phone cant handle the blue as you can tell :(

looks sick. i really like the rock as it is :D

Thanks! I have been going back and forth on whether or not to add another piece

Looks good mate!

Thanks man! I can't wait to stock it!

Congrats on getting wet :P looks good but needs a little height on the left side.

Thanks Brian! These are my feelings too... Gonna look at it for a few more days and see what I see. I also might use a larger coral to add height there, it needs something though your right!

That LR looks beautiful! Can't wait to see what goes in next. :)

Thank you! My LFS has always had this rock, and dropped the price by $1.50/lb since my last tank, so I was excited to get it! It does have some aiptasia that will need taken care of over the next few days, but worth the extra effort I think!

Looks like a brain coral, small one :)
i agree. very cool color one too
I agree, the colors are nice! You have GOOD hitchhikers! :lol:

Awesome! Thanks folks! Hopefully I can keep him alive.

Nice brain! I got one the same color a couple of years ago and it change color and is now about 5 inches!

That is really cool to hear. Hopefully I don't bleach this one before I figure out a good lighting schedule with the AI Nano.

Beautiful piece by the way!!

Thanks! I had two of them. Feed the them and maintain your magnesium and calcium and they explode in growth! I may feed the unconventional way. (It receives one whole cube). I might try to shade it until you really figure the light out.

Thanks! I had two of them. Feed the them and maintain your magnesium and calcium and they explode in growth! I may feed the unconventional way. (It receives one whole cube). I might try to shade it until you really figure the light out.

I have my lights really low for the time being, and since I guess I have my first coral, I'll keep them that way. It fluffs up nice during the day, so it seems happy for now. I plan on getting a few pieces after the holidays so I'll start ramping up the intensity very slowly after that.

I will do some target feeding and see how it responds. I'd like to see it grow for sure!

Thanks for your help!

Archived