inTank Media Baskets

.: Shaner014's 11.4 | New Photo's! :.

shaner014

nice build I almost got that tank but instead chose the 17.4g I also use ai nano on that tank but with a hang kit to get 24inch spread

I recommend coral pro salt and avast ato

Thanks!

Do you have a build thread? How's the light working for you?

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did make a thread but I never update it maybe when my finals are over and I have time

I plan on upgrading to a vega color and try full spectrum so I can try to grow acro

also I want to try a mame overflow and a sump because I did not paint the back black and the clutter on the rim sticks out and bugs me

but the light is awesome if you need help with controller setting or lighting schedules let me know ^_^

Deleted User 4
yes^ I would not even use the light without a controller it sucks

Awww....now I have to get the controller....I thought you wouldn't need the controller to begin with.....lol.

I can't wait to have my ai nano so I could go thunderstorm on those nems!!! haha.

I did make a thread but I never update it maybe when my finals are over and I have time

I plan on upgrading to a vega color and try full spectrum so I can try to grow acro

also I want to try a mame overflow and a sump because I did not paint the back black and the clutter on the rim sticks out and bugs me

but the light is awesome if you need help with controller setting or lighting schedules let me know ^_^

Vega already? How long have you had he Nano running? You need some pics on your thread ASAP. Why won't acro's grow under the nano?

As far as the controller schedules, what are your max intensities and for how long? Thanks for your help!

Awww....now I have to get the controller....I thought you wouldn't need the controller to begin with.....lol.

I can't wait to have my ai nano so I could go thunderstorm on those nems!!! haha.

The controller is for sure a must have. After having used touch panel just a few times, to using the controller, I couldn't go back. I opted for the old style, so I don't have the extra 15 timers or acclimation settings automated, but I did save $45 and supported a forum member....

I did a BRS order tonight too... Gotta love the 15x reward points from Cyber Monday. Crappy pics but here's what I picked up:

8251972752_870077de8b_b.jpg

BRS Order by chubbyreefer, on Flickr

8251972692_6251b8017f_b.jpg

BRS Order by chubbyreefer, on Flickr

Thanks for lookin!

Mmmm how long and how many orders did it take you to get that many reward points? lol

Just the AI Nano! That got me 4500ish on Cyber Monday, and then there was an issue with the order so BRS was really great and issued a credit for the hassel (another 4400). I was just honest and nice with them, and they took care of me!

Vega already? How long have you had he Nano running? You need some pics on your thread ASAP. Why won't acro's grow under the nano?

As far as the controller schedules, what are your max intensities and for how long? Thanks for your help!

its been 5-6 months maybe

I'll be sure to post pics since I just got a pair of ora black ice clowns

the nano can grow acro I suppose but in general sps are demanding, but really I just want full spectrum more color control and spread not to mention if I upgrade to larger tank

but no complaints with the nano the colors are awesome and the coral acclimation and t-storms are really nice features

you should of seen the first time I experienced the t-storm mode lol I was not sober and I seriously freaked out for a second thinking my $300 light broke >_<

these are the settings that I like you probably wont have to hit 90% since your tank is not that deep.

•White/Blue/Royal Blue

00/10/15 @ 12pm 15min ramp

25/20/35 @ 130pm 30min ramp

40/25/55 @ 3pm 30min ramp

90/90/90 @ 430pm 30min ramp

40/30/50 @ 630pm 30min ramp

10/15/20 @ 8pm 30min ramp

00/15/20 @ 930pm 15min ramp

00/00/01 @ 11pm 5min ramp

00/00/00 @ 2am OFF

Thunderstorms @ 18% chance per day, 1 per day

the nano can grow acro I suppose but in general sps are demanding, but really I just want full spectrum more color control and spread not to mention if I upgrade to larger tank

but no complaints with the nano the colors are awesome and the coral acclimation and t-storms are really nice features

I'm surprised you hit 90% intensity, everything I've seen it seems like people scale intensity way down for tanks under 20. Did you have any bleaching issues? Also, do you have the "new" controller? My LFS switched his frag tanks to radions about 7 months ago so hopefully I don't have too much of a light acclimation issue. It is hard to figure out what intensities to go with, I'm gonna start a lot lower that yours and ramp up till I see bad things, and scale back till good again.

Deleted User 4
Just the AI Nano! That got me 4500ish on Cyber Monday, and then there was an issue with the order so BRS was really great and issued a credit for the hassel (another 4400). I was just honest and nice with them, and they took care of me!

Hmmm what kind of issue with the order??? You're starting to get me really interested into getting my ai nano unit from them!!! Hahah.

you should of seen the first time I experienced the t-storm mode lol I was not sober and I seriously freaked out for a second thinking my $300 light broke >_<

these are the settings that I like you probably wont have to hit 90% since your tank is not that deep.

•White/Blue/Royal Blue

00/10/15 @ 12pm 15min ramp

25/20/35 @ 130pm 30min ramp

40/25/55 @ 3pm 30min ramp

90/90/90 @ 430pm 30min ramp

40/30/50 @ 630pm 30min ramp

10/15/20 @ 8pm 30min ramp

00/15/20 @ 930pm 15min ramp

00/00/01 @ 11pm 5min ramp

00/00/00 @ 2am OFF

Thunderstorms @ 18% chance per day, 1 per day

That works! As long as the 90 90 90 don't work any longer than 2-3 hrs haha

Hmmm what kind of issue with the order??? You're starting to get me really interested into getting my ai nano unit from them!!! Hahah.

The issue was not on BRS's end. The AI unit came with bubble wrap glued to the unit. The glue had gotten "slimey" (for lack of a better word) and was kind of a mess. I was able to clean it all up with rubbing alcohol. AI credited BRS I believe, then BRS credited me a bit more. Brandon at BRS is extremely helpful and was happy to help me out completely. I would (and did) order from them again.

The light customization def has me spinning. It's so tank and height dependent that I think the "educated guess" approach is best I can hope for.

IIX, your kessil wasn't controllable, did you ever have any problems with bleaching coral?

Gonna try something like attached.

post-48141-1354899968_thumb.jpg

Deleted User 4

Ahh I see. I think I will actually buy from them then!!! Hhaha. Very dependable I guess.

Also, the kessils did bleach a few corals, only a few which were directly underneath the lighting.... soo yeah must be careful especially with red or rainbow corals, those really are light sensitive to high output intensity.

Hmm I'm going to be trying 75 to 80 the highest....it's my anemone which I will experiment on!! :)

The issue was not on BRS's end. The AI unit came with bubble wrap glued to the unit. The glue had gotten "slimey" (for lack of a better word) and was kind of a mess. I was able to clean it all up with rubbing alcohol.

that happens with every unit sadly even mine. stupid bubble wrap

as long as you can acclimate the corals slowly you can easily push it to 100% but I run 90% because my light is about 8-10inch above tank

Deleted User 4
that happens with every unit sadly even mine. stupid bubble wrap

as long as you can acclimate the corals slowly you can easily push it to 100% but I run 90% because my light is about 8-10inch above tank

Really?? Wowow.....so I have to deal with it most likely 100%.....

Really?? Wowow.....so I have to deal with it most likely 100%.....

I would be surprised if every unit shipped that way. Only two other forum members I could find had complained of it. Further, BRS said it was something that they had never heard of (though they might not admit to it if they did...).

Also worth noting IIX, the mount that came with my unit would not allow the power cable to pass through the slots. So you'd need to cut it open more or route the cable differently. This didn't bother me as I knew I was going to mount it different.

IMO these two issues were worth having this little light.

Ahhh I thought they fixed that hole already.....so I have to make the hole bigger? What can I use to do that? lol

I read a couple people saying it was fixed. Never got a straight answer, I didn't care enough to dig deeper. Call AI, I'm sure they'd be able to answer. They have a # listed.

Deleted User 4
I read a couple people saying it was fixed. Never got a straight answer, I didn't care enough to dig deeper. Call AI, I'm sure they'd be able to answer. They have a # listed.

Ahhh lol.

Running the ai nano at 100%?! do not do that... That thing is so much more powerful then you could ever think. Start off slow slowly ramp it up per week. On my 14g i had it 10 inches above water and at peak would hit White: 40% Blue: 55% RB: 70%. Even at that setting i bleached a couple corals lol. just be careful. It obviously could be different for different size tanks. But for small tanks a 100% is overkill.

Running the ai nano at 100%?! do not do that... That thing is so much more powerful then you could ever think. Start off slow slowly ramp it up per week. On my 14g i had it 10 inches above water and at peak would hit White: 40% Blue: 55% RB: 70%. Even at that setting i bleached a couple corals lol. just be careful. It obviously could be different for different size tanks. But for small tanks a 100% is overkill.

Yea the schedule I posted only hits 25% on whites and 32 in blues. I'm gonna start there and adjust accordingly. I can't imagine over 50-60% whites, it's crazy bright.

Deleted User 4
Yea the schedule I posted only hits 25% on whites and 32 in blues. I'm gonna start there and adjust accordingly. I can't imagine over 50-60% whites, it's crazy bright.

lolol

Yea, it's very bright. I might be using the light with only the whites mainly over a nano macro tank. Not sure yet. :P

Yea, it's very bright. I might be using the light with only the whites mainly over a nano macro tank. Not sure yet. :P

That sounds cool! I had a Pressurized CO2 driven FW planted before this, so the macros intrigue me. But I wasn't thrilled with the constant trimming so I'm back to corals. Quite happily back! I really like where your tanks going! Hope I can get mine wet and in that direction soon.

Archived