SaltCritters.com

B's Mantis PicO - UPDATE 11/14/13

jbb

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who said anything about handling it. I was just wondering if you wanted to show it to me.

Should I just lay it somewhere, or do you want it standing up against something

since I am basically starting over , I have been thinking of changing the filtration setup in the back of the tank. I want to put a Fuge in the back but the current spot seems a bit small.

Here is what I have now :

mantaraycurrent_zps610f19d0.png

Here is what I want to do :

mantaraycurrent_zps6750e132.png

Do you see any negatives to this ?

Would you make any improvements ?

I might like to shoot your gun uh huh Could you make those diagrams and smaller, they're taking up my whole screen and I have a mac daddy.

LMAO , i didnt realize they were that small.

I will fix.

You're going to build a custom rack for the media?

the first pic is the stock setup , and already has a media basket in it. what I want to do in the second pic is remove the first wall and make a suspended basket for Floss and purigen (if needed) that will expand the second chamber making room for a larger fuge area.

the suspended basket will be a permanent wall that is secured in place as if it were made that way , so the support of the false wall should not be damaged.

Also that whole top area where the fuge will be is empty, the baffle on the right will only allow it to be filled halfway. Not sure how much volume that would contain, would it be too small? You could exchange the baffle wall you are going to remove for the baffle right next to the pump maybe?

Also that whole top area where the fuge will be is empty, the baffle on the right will only allow it to be filled halfway. Not sure how much volume that would contain, would it be too small? You could exchange the baffle wall you are going to remove for the baffle right next to the pump maybe?

Oh nice catch, I hadn't considered that.

You sure are packin Brian.

That's what Kat said

Archived