Innovative Marine Aquariums

Mangrove Forest-time to say goodbye

Giga

Murphy's Law always kicks at the least opportune moment. That's the third AC unit that I known of in this last month (last one costed a buddy an arm and leg since he had to have a new unit installed and then added a second one to cool the downstairs as well; all happened while we were on the coast at Hog Island enjoying some oysters and some shellfish).

Might be coincidence but I've been dealing without AC for 13 years now as well. It's not really needed in the area since there's only like 2 weeks in the year or so when it gets above 90.

Murphy's Law always kicks at the least opportune moment. That's the third AC unit that I known of in this last month (last one costed a buddy an arm and leg since he had to have a new unit installed and then added a second one to cool the downstairs as well; all happened while we were on the coast at Hog Island enjoying some oysters and some shellfish).

Might be coincidence but I've been dealing without AC for 13 years now as well. It's not really needed in the area since there's only like 2 weeks in the year or so when it gets above 90.

I wish I could go with out running the ac but it seems this house has poor insulation, so I have to run it a lot with a newborn- and oh I love my electricity bill

Very interested in the way you built this tank. Was there anything really problematic for you when you made it?

This is 8th tank I've built and I've gotten pretty good at it that it was no issue. My tanks have two bottom panes of glass the provide two planes of adhesion-overkill sure-peace of mind-priceless kind of thing.

So a perfect opportunity to give another tease-also did some major things,that this is looking like this will be unveiled at the end of the month or close to it

fvzp.jpg

• Like 5
Beautiful! Uh-oh! Mantis hitchhiker. Looks like you need to set up a bottle trap. ;)
I know I was hoping to avoid getting hitch hickers

man, you are killing us with the anticipation!

No one has done anything to this degree, at least I've never seen anything since 07 and nothing searches can find

DRLOVEtoreef

I know I was hoping to avoid getting hitch hickers No one has done anything to this degree, at least I've never seen anything since 07 and nothing searches can find

you are just making it worse! :)

DRLOVEtoreef

Really a thing of beauty

umti.jpg

Times like these make me wish I knew more about LEDs and the associated drivers, but, I think Jedi summed it up for me :) ... the anticipation is killing me!

Does anybody know a good controller for these ldd that I can select intensity and then ramp it up and down sunrise/sunset for that intensity

Boost Led Typhon maybe? or the DIM4?

Boost Led Typhon maybe? or the DIM4?

Ill look at those or maybe ill design one myself, any others? As I'm feeling kinda lazy about his aspect lol

jedimasterben

The Typhon is what you want, either from BoostLED or Steve's. The one from Steve's, Meepnand is working on reprogramming to get a few features into it (like acclimation modes, cloud cover, etc).

• Like 2