ReefCleaners.org

Spec V Crazy

x3thelast

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those emeralds should not b trusted. Did you see Kats video?

No I didn't. He was doing so good cleaning hair algae from rocks and new frags too :( now it's up to the astreas

You're all making me nervous on the Emerald now. I've had one for a couple of weeks and it's been my star cleaner.

I've only just started adding corals to the tank so I'm hoping it doesn't start making a meal of any down the road.

When it looks like he's mowed things down sufficiently, I've been tossing a peice of macro algae in there for him to chow on and also started feeding half a shrimp pellet a week. Hopefully that will keep him topped off. *gulp*

My emeralds didn't cause any problems until they got full grown and had the crazy big pincers. I think they get clumsy with them when they get big and accidentally tear into something and then get a taste for it.

My emeralds didn't cause any problems until they got full grown and had the crazy big pincers. I think they get clumsy with them when they get big and accidentally tear into something and then get a taste for it.

Yikes... I'll keep an eye out for that. I hope it stays on the straight and narrow though. I've become quite attached to the little chap. :)

That's what happened to mine. Just ran out of food. Crabs aren't too great on a low nutrient system that doesn't get fed much. :/

shark_bait_oo_ha_ha

Is the mp10 overkill on this? Cant decide if I should go with mp10 or find a deflector and 606 just to keep less ph in the main tank. Your tank is inspiring

Is the mp10 overkill on this? Cant decide if I should go with mp10 or find a deflector and 606 just to keep less ph in the main tank. Your tank is inspiring

why thank you :)

nah the mp10 is perfect for sps (mine are loving it) i dont go past the 5th light tho because it'll kick up sand like a mofo. the fish arent bothered by it at all.

So do you recomend a mp10 on a spec or is it over kill on a two gallon beast?

it wouldnt be so much overkill since its controllable, but it will take up alot of real state on the 2-3 gallon spec i think a 5 gallon peninsula style work for it since its a longer tank.

Is his tank as sick as yours?

what the?! when did i say that?

I've been watching so many awesome sps tanks on YouTube that I decided to make a video too. Nothing special just something using my phone. I'll post it up tomorrow.

Builder Anthony

I love 5 gallon tanks i think there perfect.the lights get good penetration and flow is cheap to add and water changes....man everything is pretty easy to do on them.Im sure itll do well if u dont have to move or anything.i had to take my three tanks down and combine them.Good luck.

I love 5 gallon tanks i think there perfect.the lights get good penetration and flow is cheap to add and water changes....man everything is pretty easy to do on them.Im sure itll do well if u dont have to move or anything.i had to take my three tanks down and combine them.Good luck.

A move is always a dreaded killer for reef tanks. I've got about a year til our lease is up. And hopefully then it'll be our final move into a house!

And thanks :)

Aren't you deploying soon?

bummer...make a new flickr account! :)

here ya go :)

800am

0w

4b

4rb

30min

925am

2w

7b

7rb

30min

1030am

10w

20b

20rb

30min

27w

32b

33rb

3hr30min

4pm

10w

20b

22rb

3hr30min

8pm

2w

7b

7rb

30min

830pm

0w

4b

5rb

30min

10pm

0w

2b

2rb

30min

You really peaked at 27 white? How long did it take to work up to that level? I'm at like 18% right now. haha

Archived