Innovative Marine Aquariums

Spec V Crazy

x3thelast

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, love the color contrasts you have! And the clams look great. How long before you think they will outgrow your spec?

Thanks! Well I plan on upgrading to my "dream" tank once we buy a house (hopefully by next year) but since acro's grow pretty slow I doubt it'll be overgrown by then, I really want it to look like an acro jungle filled to the brim! :D

Amazing- everything looks so balanced and yet intense coloring- doesn't appear as if any color is overpowering. Jealous here. lovely.

Thank you :D I wish the blue tenius would get blue again :(

Wow !!! That fts is insane... Size wise of the two clams 4-5ish?

lol not even close the purple one on the left is MAYBE 2.5in-ish...and the maxima on the right is JUST under 2in.

Very lovely tank, beautiful colors. I lack the courage for a clam. I also think my pico is way too small. Dendros and gorgs are plenty for me.

L

Very lovely tank, beautiful colors. I lack the courage for a clam. I also think my pico is way too small. Dendros and gorgs are plenty for me.

L

L, I too was scared of owning a clam til I found a super sweet deal to try one out! Try to find a crocea that's 2" or larger that looks healthy. They tend to open way up unlike Maximas and I've found mine very hardy.

I've been wanting to add one of those spiral gorgs to add some height to the middle area of my tank but since that area had REALLY high flow and light idk. And are they pretty aggressive towards sps?

I had a

Good exp. With spiral gorgs they encrust fast ,eat alot and color fades to a dull tan . At first the blue and orange

Was dope ... Then tan with orange, think it was the light.

Wooowwww, looking good.

thanks! glad to know you're still around :D

I had a Good exp. With spiral gorgs they encrust fast ,eat alot and color fades to a dull tan . At first the blue and orange Was dope ... Then tan with orange, think it was the light.

hmm what about this species??? "Plexaura flexuosa"

thanks! glad to know you're still around :D

hmm what about this species??? "Plexaura flexuosa"

That is what I been looking out for, I asked my lfs to order me a blueberry gorg im still waiting. Symply spec is awesome setup you should check her tank out

That is what I been looking out for, I asked my lfs to order me a blueberry gorg im still waiting. Symply spec is awesome setup you should check her tank out

I will do that. You think this species will be okay in an sps tank like mine? I feed reef pearls once a week. Aside from that just zeovit

Ask symplyspec i say yes it should do fine but i would feed twice a day or three times if you have time to.

oh eff that. thats too much! lol. it should be able to intake aminio acids thru the water like sps...

They actually need food couse they dont use light to make food. So thats why they need to be fed often

the species I showed you is actually photosynthetic. From the Aquascapers - "This purple Plexaura flexuosa is a rare and collectible color morph of a striking photosynthetic gorgonian that grows upright branches in a parallel plane, much like a candelabra."

The tan one I used to have the purple I never had . Mine grew fast and it did eat daily oisterfeast , since it was in my 150 half circle. I just purchased a orange with white polyp gorg today along with two cleaner shrimp, tailspot blennie&rainbow acans.So far so good even tho gorg hasnt opend at all.

The tan one I used to have the purple I never had . Mine grew fast and it did eat daily oisterfeast , since it was in my 150 half circle. I just purchased a orange with white polyp gorg today along with two cleaner shrimp, tailspot blennie&rainbow acans.So far so good even tho gorg hasnt opend at all.

nice! yea i think im going to try out the purple one... :D

Is there a lfs that has them in the Socal? Im wanting one aswell.

no not very many people are into gorgs out here. everyone is either a zoa or sps collector or both. one of my LFS sells super rare rhizo's for like 600-900 a piece! But I cant shell out that kind of money on something that costs 10x more than the tank itself, that might end up dying anyway. But they're beautiful!

(generic pic incase you didnt know what it looks like)

rhizo2.jpg

That almost looks like my walking dandro! Love it! he sells them for 600-900 a piece??? I bought mine for 90$I thought you were speaking about the purple gorg.

That almost looks like my walking dandro! Love it! he sells them for 600-900 a piece??? I bought mine for 90$I thought you were speaking about the purple gorg.

The rhizos are nps and are like small fist sized dendros. Lol

Lol yeah my walking dandro isnt small either its yellow and green has a peanut worn living inside the bottom that walks around eating from the sand bed. Love the pink one tho thats for sure. Do you have any ?

Happy Easter..!

Lol yeah my walking dandro isnt small either its yellow and green has a peanut worn living inside the bottom that walks around eating from the sand bed. Love the pink one tho thats for sure. Do you have any ? Happy Easter..!

nah i wish. my lfs has walking dendros as well, my tank is too small to have them. happy easter to you too and who ever else drops by :)

Absolutely love this tank man. So much beautiful stuff packed in here. I can't wait to get a few clams for my 30. Can you post a close up of your nem? I'd like to see how it looks, I'm pretty stoked to have a sunburst in my tank. It's a little late, but congrats on the human frag, they are the best! My son loves sittin in front of the tank watching his fish swim by, I can only hope he loves the hobby as much as I do. What are you dosing in this tank if anything? The colors are amazing!

I found pink blastos and pinkish dandros! They will be here tomorrow after 3pm... My gorg is extremely open and eating like a pig.

Archived