Pod Your Reef

Spec V Crazy

x3thelast

Aren't you deploying soon?

You really peaked at 27 white? How long did it take to work up to that level? I'm at like 18% right now. haha

next month.

and about 3 weeks, go slower if youre patient enough. The light might not seem that bright over all, but the par numbers are high.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

picked up a cobalt aquatics neo therm 50 watt heater to replace my 4 yearold glass cheapo.

set it behind the rocks kinda. set it to 78. good to see its matching my apex temp probe +/- .4 degrees.

some new pieces.

8480674806_a30551ac01_c.jpg

aussie echinata acro.

8480675312_2bcc4af368_c.jpg

aussie yellow w/ green polyp millie

8479583783_a2351c9f9f_c.jpg

some sort of purple acro with white polyps (also aussie) idk the name

well thats it. hope they all done die >_<

• 1 month later...

Are they calmed yet?????? :)

lol

You take your time and get settled, good things come to those who wait. Glad you had a safe trip.

L

thanks L. Ive been dying to add another clam to the 5 gallon, starting to lurk my local forums again for an eye catcher :D

So after getting my A-hole handed to me by the cynano outbreak I gave up and blasted it with some (chemiclean) did the whole 48 hr thing and today, everything is CLEAN! I didnt lose any livestock and nothing was irritated, I can now personally vouch for the product :D

(NOW I HOPE TO GET MY SPS TO COLOR BACK UP)

8596696552_34f628bc7a_c.jpg

wow nice setup! where did you buy your skimmer from?? ive been scouring the interweb and I cant find any leads

google mame skimmer

Feed phyto and a little AA, colour should return in a month if your nutrients are low and your lights are bright :)

Glad your tank is cyano free.

Christine

Feed phyto and a little AA, colour should return in a month if your nutrients are low and your lights are bright :)

Glad your tank is cyano free.

Christine

oh i hate phyto, im dosing AA and phol's extra, but now that cyano is gone im expecting better colors this time around.

oh i hate phyto, im dosing AA and phol's extra, but now that cyano is gone im expecting better colors this time around.

Why do you hate phyto? Have you had a bad experience with it?

Why do you hate phyto? Have you had a bad experience with it?

Yea I always end up with algae blooms. I'll stick to zeovit lol

X3thelast! What are your plane to get your sps to color back up?

hey! whats up buddy?

the plans is to skim more, dose less, feed reef pearls one day before water change.

Ive also added ROWA phos to my mini max reactor (so its carbon, phosguard & ROWAphos )

Removed the filter sponge as well to recirculate the reef pearls, but idk I like being able to remove fish poo with it. Even tho it may have contributed to the cyano bloom.

new B&W with teal ring

8597594907_8b3330604c_c.jpg

Not much just trying everything to get my sps in my Edge to color back up. In my spec the sps is doing great even tho its more of a mixed reef. The last pic you posted is that the new clam? What type of clam ? I been looking for a small clam to place for both my pico's .

Not much just trying everything to get my sps in my Edge to color back up. In my spec the sps is doing great even tho its more of a mixed reef. The last pic you posted is that the new clam? What type of clam ? I been looking for a small clam to place for both my pico's .

that sounds good! As for the clam it's a Tahitian maxima that I scored for a sweet deal! the Maximas are the smallest of all the giant clam species.

lnglostsurfer

Wow, love the color contrasts you have! And the clams look great. How long before you think they will outgrow your spec?

Amazing- everything looks so balanced and yet intense coloring- doesn't appear as if any color is overpowering. Jealous here. lovely.

Archived