Cultivated Reef

Spec V Crazy

x3thelast

Nice!

Im abou to enter the dosing seen on my pico starting tomorrow or maybe sunday

Test to see how much the corals are using up and go from there to see how much you need to dose :) but always start slow and work your way up.

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Test to see how much the corals are using up and go from there to see how much you need to dose :) but always start slow and work your way up.

Im

A little nervous

About dosing I hope i can keep everything alive . I been doing water changes twice a week with red sead coral pro salt ..... But im trying to understand there moris code to desifer how much to dose Jesus Christ i need the CIA to understand this freakin thing any one know how. Is the A,B,C program

ImA little nervous About dosing I hope i can keep everything alive . I been doing water changes twice a week with red sead coral pro salt ..... But im trying to understand there moris code to desifer how much to dose Jesus Christ i need the CIA to understand this freakin thing any one know how. Is the A,B,C program

It's not that hard. I test with Hannah digital test kits only because I like to know the exact numbers of things not just a range via color chart. BRS has a calculator on their page. You put in what your current level is and what you want it to be in, then it tells you how much to dose of what. Easy :)

Also stay away from the all in one solutions. Stick to the two or three part (again BRS' is nice and high quality and cheap!)

nice progress and tank looks great!

im considering going a similar route for a small tank for my office, new to sw but i kept cichlids for years and breeded them.

not going that route for sw i just want a small one for my desk and possibly a 29G cube for the living room down the road once the smaller one is going.

what would be better though a 6G bio cube or the Fluval Spec? i understand both have to be upgraded.

nice progress and tank looks great!

im considering going a similar route for a small tank for my office, new to sw but i kept cichlids for years and breeded them.

not going that route for sw i just want a small one for my desk and possibly a 29G cube for the living room down the road once the smaller one is going.

what would be better though a 6G bio cube or the Fluval Spec? i understand both have to be upgraded.

I think the bio cube would be easier to do. Since the sump area of the cube is bigger and can fit more equiptment in there. The spec it's really compact. So if you're not too much into DIY'ing id go with the bio cube it's pretty set out of the box aside from Pump and light.

:)

• Like 1

I think the bio cube would be easier to do. Since the sump area of the cube is bigger and can fit more equiptment in there. The spec it's really compact. So if you're not too much into DIY'ing id go with the bio cube it's pretty set out of the box aside from Pump and light.

:)

hmm yeah i dont mind a challenge and have a hand in it, its gonna be a slow process and i like the rimless style so ill see, the fluval specs are just more available locally so i started looking into that one and if i grab one ill be following most of your steps ;)

It's not that hard. I test with Hannah digital test kits only because I like to know the exact numbers of things not just a range via color chart. BRS has a calculator on their page. You put in what your current level is and what you want it to be in, then it tells you how much to dose of what. Easy :)

Also stay away from the all in one solutions. Stick to the two or three part (again BRS' is nice and high quality and cheap!)

Thank you yeah salifert has allways been my means of knowin numbers but about that digital hannah how much are those

Woah that flow looks a bit excessive? Your clownfish are being pushed against the wall.

Nah they usually stay near the glass. The small one is eating hair algae off the walls. it's really not bad at all since its in wave mode.

Nice little tank! I spent a bit of time watching the live stream. Awesome! :happy:

Haha thanks. It sucks the LEDs are too bright and the MacBooks camera can't adjust for the brightness. Hope to get a better camera later on :) but it'll do for keeping an eye on the tank while I'm away :)

Thank you yeah salifert has allways been my means of knowin numbers but about that digital hannah how much are those

Less than $50 a kit. It's well worth it!

hmm yeah i dont mind a challenge and have a hand in it, its gonna be a slow process and i like the rimless style so ill see, the fluval specs are just more available locally so i started looking into that one and if i grab one ill be following most of your steps ;)

Go for it! I'll keep the thread updated if I change anything up or something doesn't work.

If you are still trying to find a way to mount the LEDs I built an aluminum arm for my spec v that fits right in the stock light slot on the back. I have a panorama pro mounted to it. I could post a picture if you would like.

• Like 1

If you are still trying to find a way to mount the LEDs I built an aluminum arm for my spec v that fits right in the stock light slot on the back. I have a panorama pro mounted to it. I could post a picture if you would like.

I'd like to see a pic of the arm you built. I'm slowly accumulating my hardware to set up a Spec V reef, and I've been thinking and following what's being done with the lighting on these tanks.

• Like 1
+1 on pics of the spec v arm.

I have diy crees over mine but the aluminum heat sink is mounted to the stock arm

Can you post a pic i know you have posted a pic if lights in early pages but to look for it.... Im lazy

A pic would be great! I'm thinking of not using that arm all together and making a hanging fixture using minimal material to put the panorama pros together.

+1 on pics of the spec v arm.

I have diy crees over mine but the aluminum heat sink is mounted to the stock arm

Well done DIY might I add. :)

icedearth15324

Tank looks really nice. Sorry if I missed it, but what kind of setup do you have in your overflow box? I'm trying to figure out the best way to run mine.

Also, I saw you have full lights on from 12-2, how long do you have other lights on for?

Tank looks really nice. Sorry if I missed it, but what kind of setup do you have in your overflow box? I'm trying to figure out the best way to run mine.

Also, I saw you have full lights on from 12-2, how long do you have other lights on for?

I just have a sponge / seagel/ purigen and then a mini jet 606 for a return.

That light schedule was for my 1 gallon tank. These lights are on from 1100-1900

Archived