Top Shelf Aquatics

Spec V Crazy

x3thelast

picked up a tri color tonight...with bonus acro crab! lol

keeping it on the sand bed for a few days to acclimate to the LEDs.

IMG_3082.JPG

lets hope this one does better than my sps experiments on my 1 gallon. otherwise i may be contributing to the endangered hard corals list <_<

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
picked up a tri color tonight...with bonus acro crab! lol

keeping it on the sand bed for a few days to acclimate to the LEDs.

IMG_3082.JPG

lets hope this one does better than my sps experiments on my 1 gallon. otherwise i may be contributing to the endangered hard corals list <_<

Wow that is amazing. I'm not very good at keeping SPS. Maybe because I have never run a skimmer?

Nice tank!!!

Could you post the dimensions of the overflow? I was thinking about starting one of these up but wanted to know what I'm getting myself into before getting the box open.

Nice tank!!!

Could you post the dimensions of the overflow? I was thinking about starting one of these up but wanted to know what I'm getting myself into before getting the box open.

like what do you mean? the filter chamber is about 4x2" and the return is about 2x2" so not much room in the filter area because its longer than it is wide :)

THE UNBOXING!!!

STRAIGHT FROM JAPAN!!!

IMG_3099.JPG

PARTS!!!

IMG_3102.JPG

No pictures of it turned on yet since my air pump has not come in yet -_-

Any ways to take up more bandwidth...

heres some more pictures of the tri color! (everthing is taken with an iPhone5)

IMG_3093.JPG

Orange spotted goby :)

IMG_3090.JPG

Clammy

IMG_3088.JPG

Current FTS while I do a light acclimation :)

IMG_3083.JPG

One other question... What rate of evaporation are you observing? I would like to run the same system semi-closed with as little need to top off as possible, do you think that's feasible?

ill send you the magic site where she got it. kind of a pain to order but its totally worth it. its where i get all my japanese goodies that i CANNOT find anywhere else stateside. This includes car parts :D

I am going to order a overflow since you can buy off the mame website internationally but shipping is a killer,

thanks!

One other question... What rate of evaporation are you observing? I would like to run the same system semi-closed with as little need to top off as possible, do you think that's feasible?

i get about half inch evap from the return chamber, which is very little i think, so i just add a bit everytime i come home from work.

Sooo I need help deciding between: picking up 2 more panorama pro's (50/50 & magenta/blue) + building some sort of fixture to hang it over the tank...

OR

Pick up a used radion and also hang it over the tank...

im going for a more sps dominant tank for this one i hope.

Weird. The pics were right-side up at home from my iPad, but upside down on my laptop here at work!

Nice job on the tank. I just got one of these to serve as my frag/invert quarantine tank. I have a bunch of critters in there now, but as soon as I transfer them over, I'm going to do some mods and fit Hydor Pico into the chamber. I'd like to figure out a way to get a heater and ATO into it as well, but that would be like fitting a time machine into a phone booth.

i think a heater can fit in the very bottom of the sump area (but i have a bag of purigen in there right now) and for the ato its do able to shove it right on top of the return pump.

Is it hard keeping ur nems? I'm planning to keep one in my fluval edge.

Not really. just watch out for them when they move around looking for the perfect spot to make sure they don't get sucked into a power head and die. But other than that, I just feed mine once a week. One is hosted by two clowns the other is hosted by a porcelain crab. (I think they feed the nems too) and the maxi mini just chills on its own lol

You got any pics a few steps back to show off all that sexy gear you got on this tank?

I'll take one tomorrow. nothing sexy about having the lights just plopped on top of the lid tho. I wish there was a better way to mount these damn ecoxotic LEDs nicer...or just get a radion lol.

But for sure I've gotta recommend the MP10 for your tank as well man. if you're planning sps in the future it's a must have for the turbulent flow! :)

The nems love it too!

does anyone know where I can buy new nozzles for this tank? I think it's like 1/2 OD.

Archived