Pod Your Reef

Spec V Crazy

x3thelast

does anyone know where I can buy new nozzles for this tank? I think it's like 1/2 OD.

The Canadian fluval website list the nozzle for a few bucks, couldn't find it on the us site though.

here ya go bud.

IMG_3168.jpg

Does the name skimmer fit in the overflow chamber?

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Canadian fluval website list the nozzle for a few bucks, couldn't find it on the us site though.

Does the name skimmer fit in the overflow chamber?

It does fit. But I think the water level might be too low for it to work properly. Worth I try next water change I suppose :)

Thanks for the heads up on the nozzles, gunna check it out.

2zdpw6x.jpg

I've got this bad ass shield coming from Pico/HQ aquariums. If anyone else wants one it's $30 shipped or if 10+ more people want he can do $25 shipped!!! Stay tuned for more info :D

So its been 48hrs since deciding to add kalk to my top off water.

So far so good. Maybe its just me, but the purple tip on the tri color looks much more deeper...idk i stare at my tank too much.

Next upgrade will be to add a comfy stool for me to sit on. :)

I wish i bought one of these spec v instead of my second 6 gallon edge . Patience is a vertue

the edge is still cool. if i had one i think i would add an overflow in the back and run it with a 10gallon sump. :)

the edge is still cool. if i had one i think i would add an overflow in the back and run it with a 10gallon sump. :)

My edges are actually drilled and sump i could never run anything stock I guess:)

Very nice tank man! How much kalk are you adding to your top off water???

Also, how are you keeping up with all the parameters in such a small tank? I have a 10 gallon sps dominated and I already lost a few sticks!

Also, how are you keeping up with all the parameters in such a small tank? I have a 10 gallon sps dominated and I already lost a few sticks!

How much do you top off daily?

Socal what part?

San Diego!

Thank you! I just added half a tea spoon into a 2 QT container.

I want to say it uses about 1/4 cup of top off water for a 24hr period.

Usually I DO dose a 2 part once a day everyday, but im about to go out of town for a week, so I want to see if kalk alone will be enough to keep my parameters decent atleast til Im back.

After that I'll buy a dosing system :)

How much kal do you use for that gallon?

its usually ~1-2 teaspoon per gallon. depends on the kalk brand? (some have added minerals)

REEF CAM IS BACK UP FOR 7 DAYS :)
Nice!

San Diego! Thank you! I just added half a tea spoon into a 2 QT container.I want to say it uses about 1/4 cup of top off water for a 24hr period. Usually I DO dose a 2 part once a day everyday, but im about to go out of town for a week, so I want to see if kalk alone will be enough to keep my parameters decent atleast til Im back. After that I'll buy a dosing system :)ImAbout tits usually ~1-2 teaspoon per gallon. depends on the kalk brand? (some have added minerals)
Im abou to enter the dosing seen on my pico starting tomorrow or maybe sunday

Archived