Pod Your Reef

Veng's 20L - Black Friday Madness!

Veng

I lost the opportunity for unlimited cheesecake for life, last night. Mama Tailes sent me her belly picture and I predicted there was a baby girl in the oven. Nope. I was wrong! Huzzzah for a Baby Boy!!! I should have checked this thread first. Can we do it again?

Anyway, so now we're working on Apple Pie for life, maybe even that Apple crumble thing that Papa Veng threw together on a skillet one time.

Guess they were all team pink... :(

:slap:

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lost the opportunity for unlimited cheesecake for life, last night. Mama Tailes sent me her belly picture and I predicted there was a baby girl in the oven. Nope. I was wrong! Huzzzah for a Baby Boy!!! I should have checked this thread first. Can we do it again?

Anyway, so now we're working on Apple Pie for life, maybe even that Apple crumble thing that Papa Veng threw together on a skillet one time.

:slap:

Maybe it's a good thing, I've got unlimited cheesecake for life and let me tell you, it's not friendly to the waistline!

So tank update, w/o pictures. I know I haven't posted one since the start of this month. A day or two before the 1st of the month the lettuce nudi disappeared and the tips of the mother colony and frags started to RTN. About that time, I replaced the tubing to the doser as it had gotten clogged as the solution had precipitated out inside it. I screwed up and managed to let the new tube's contents drain into the tank and pushed the Ca & dkH through the roof. I let it go about 2 days and I ended up doing a 100% water change. The SPS is showing great polyp extension again, and other than I clipping about 1/8th-1/4 of an inch from the tips, looks to be no worse for the wear.

Gc4XDafh.jpg

In other news, I did a little shopping today at the LFS. Picked up another blue tuxedo urchin, an emerald crab, and a managed to finally snag a blue knuckle crab! No pictures of any of it though, :lol:.

As for tonight, we got given preseason cowboy's tickets, so we're going to drop the fraglet off at her uncle's house and go to the game. It's raining at the moment, but hopefully we won't get caught in the rain between the car and the stadium. Looks like they've got the roof closed tonight, so shouldn't be a problem for that.

Had a great time, even if the cowboys defense sucks!

Snapped a couple of pictures trying out a new wide angle lens.

TsOFgZAh.jpg

r1uNQWrh.jpg

This is the original blue tuxedo, he loves to carry zoas around.

dceYIODh.jpg

Back to the regualr lens selection to show my zoa's in their most graceful acts.... :lol:

Ynwlamvh.jpg

your urchin wears coral, these urchins wear ... urchins ?

Ok, that's awesome.

The new one has picked up some snail shells and a feather duster. Oh, and the strawberry crab, Yeti made a brief appearance early, too quick to grab a photo. Hadn't seen him in weeks... :lol:

Have I recently mentioned I don't like the fact you get star polyps to grow so easily on the back wall? :P

It's going to be time to scrape them off the left wall again soon if you want a mat, let me know. You can start your own infection/invasion/whatever :P

This thread needs more food! So I use to go to this pizza place in college called "The New Yorker". They had something called a pizza roll, which was literally a sauceless pizza rolled up and baked. I've been craving one for a while so I decided to give it a go tonight.

Fresh dough, only used half of what I made. I'll save the other half for fresh pizza tomorrow.

oMOW6iAh.jpg

Prepared and ready to bake. I should have taken a picture before I rolled it up, but I was hungry and forgot.b5PFewlh.jpg

Baked, cut, and ready to serve:

7ijRoMph.jpg

mm food! I am eating Pad Thai. :) But those rolls look good too.

I think I am going to hold off tell I have a tank to put it in. Currently don't really have a place for a mat of GSP but when I do I will let you know.

mine has always grown super slow.

So the pavonia frag was growing over the blue tort and the tort was clearly losing. So I removed the tort and removed any traces of the pavonia. In doing so, it broke into two pieces, which I reglued the two pieces left and right of where it was originally. I think I'm happy with how it turned out. You can actually see the garf bonsai frag that was hiding behind it now, :lol:

t62fRBRh.jpg

But you forgot sea food in that pyramid, and chili! I mean come on you guys have your own style of chili even.
Also I find it funny that tacos is separate from Mexican. I know they really are not Mexican but still I find it funny.

So the new urchin decided to hang out on the glass a little tonight, so I grabbed the camera and went to town. There's a video coming, but those take forever for vimeo to process because I'm to lazy to buy pro.

But until then, here's pictures:

Tank lit:

tyILCwAh.jpg

With flash:

sxoYH6dh.jpg

Retracted teeth:

BWHRh6ih.jpg

Closed teeth:

fOOWfrQh.jpg

Archived