Top Shelf Aquatics

Veng's 20L - Black Friday Madness!

Veng

Dr.Brain Coral

I will have to convince my sister drive down to make cheesecake. I can see my baby nephew and have cheesecake. Win Win. except for her she gets to drive 6 hours.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tailes I decided to make cheesecake. Do you have any tips?

Find a recipe with the most cream cheese and NO sour cream. Or I could post my recipe up? :D

Crumb Crust:

8 oz finely ground graham crackers

1 stick unsalted butter (melted)

1/2 C sugar

1/4 tsp salt

Stir together and press to the bottom and side of pan (stay roughly 1" short from the top).

Filling:

(5) 8 oz cream cheese packages (softened)

1 3/4 C sugar

3 tbsp flour

1 tsp finely grated lemon zest

1 tsp finely grated orange zest

1/2 tsp vanilla

5 large eggs

2 large egg yolks

Preheat oven to 550*. Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, and zest together until smooth. Add the vanilla. Then add the eggs & yolk (one at a time) until completely mixed. Pour into your crust and bake on a jelly roll pan for 12 minutes (until the top is puffed).

Reduce your temp to 200* and bake until mostly firm (approx. an hour). The center should be slightly wobbly when gently shaken.

When done, run a knife around the edge and let it cool and then chill in the freezer for 6 hours.

Try not to eat it all in one sitting.

Veng - Yes there is lots wrong with me.

Jbb - For years. Though I can tolerate chocolate cheese cakes usually, some of those are good enough.

This afternoon got jacked by a 3 pm interview I have to do. I also have a 1 pm conf. call (blah blah). Tomorrow is better if you want a piece of that cheesecake to hold over Kat.

firestone-and-robertson-whiskey.jpg

Archived