ReefCleaners.org

The Doc is in - ATI & Tooth Dust powered - new pics on pg 32

DRLOVEtoreef

I don't agree with you. I would say the kessils is one of the best leds out there. It's definitely better than ai sols or nano sols, buildmyled, ecoxotic leds, etc. It performs as well as maxspect, nanobox, ecotechs imo.

There is nothing wrong with the Kessils. They are great affordable lights and coral growth under them is good in my experience.

/threadjack

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DRLOVEtoreef

A bag of dicks is what it looks like lol

Phone auto uploads to Picasa for me, camera takes a lot of work, plus I'm not done taking pics yet :)

I have to for work and then just forget about them sometimes when I get home if I have something to do :)

Again your knowledge of what a bag of dicks looks like is alarming as your obsession of LEDs ... Nah just razzing u man

I feel u on changing after work but my scrubs are usually covered in tooth dust and spit ;)

I need to look into Picassa ... I use photobucket now and it can be a whipping

If your taking more pics under those bag of dick lights save some space on your Picasa account.

Sausage fest at ur house

Oh no, those are going in the trash unless somebody wants to pay shipping on them. $47 down the drain.

Eh no thanks

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's exactly what happened lol. :lol:

Yeah, I've been to florida before and it's freaking hot over there!!

I don't agree with you. I would say the kessils is one of the best leds out there. It's definitely better than ai sols or nano sols, buildmyled, ecoxotic leds, etc. It performs as well as maxspect, nanobox, ecotechs imo.

No way lulu ... The kessils aren't that good ... U talking crazy

There is nothing wrong with the Kessils. They are great affordable lights and coral growth under them is good in my experience.

/threadjack

I agree on the price but for me I hate the coverage and lack of spread ... But I am comparing that to a traditional fixture

I agree on the price but for me I hate the coverage and lack of spread ... But I am comparing that to a traditional fixture

There is and always will be something magically about the light T5s put out. The spread on the Kessil isn't the worst in the world, it just has much harsher shadows. I was planning to go Kessil + T5 supplement to fill the darker shadows but ultimately it was too much of a mission to build a hood and retrofit. Then I was going to go full T5 but would you believe we can no longer buy 24" ATI units in South Africa. :lol:

/threadjack

That's exactly what I'm trying to say to jediben, I had past experience with kessils too and it really does grow corals well. :D

There is and always will be something magically about the light T5s put out. The spread on the Kessil isn't the worst in the world, it just has much harsher shadows. I was planning to go Kessil + T5 supplement to fill the darker shadows but ultimately it was too much of a mission to build a hood and retrofit. Then I was going to go full T5 but would you believe we can no longer buy 24" ATI units in South Africa. :lol:

I agree. :lol:

No way lulu ... The kessils aren't that good ... U talking crazy

I'm not talking crazy! B)

There's a reason why Kessils won the reefbuilders 2012 led showdown. It's on the packaging lolol. Took a picture for ya.

14126122089_cd31c1d3d0_n.jpg

That's exactly what I'm trying to say to jediben, I had past experience with kessils too and it really does grow corals well. :D

Yes but you need to understand that Ben will tell you that Macs suck as well, so just ignore him. :lol:

Yes but you need to understand that Ben will tell you that Macs suck as well, so just ignore him. :lol:

Lol. True. :lol:

jedimasterben

Everyone already knows that, though ;)

It lives ... Very nice Ben ... Go with two blue plus ... U can balance out the blue with the LEDs down the middle

I dunno. Two Blue Plus looks shitty on their own, though. I've got about 54 optical watts (optical meaning it is the radiant output, not the watts of power that they use) of royal blue that I can get from my LEDs, so I'm pretty set when it comes to blue lol.

Again your knowledge of what a bag of dicks looks like is alarming as your obsession of LEDs ... Nah just razzing u man

;)

I need to look into Picassa ... I use photobucket now and it can be a whipping

I like it. Doesn't have the same ease of use that Photobucket has, but there is more storage and no bandwidth limitations (on PB I hit the limit within a few days, and since they disabled their image stats, I couldn't figure out which images were getting hit the most).

DRLOVEtoreef

That sucks man

I agree. :lol:

I'm not talking crazy! B)

If u say so ... I have to agree the price is hard to beat on the Kessils. ... Especially with the number of used ones out there

There's a reason why Kessils won the reefbuilders 2012 led showdown. It's on the packaging lolol. Took a picture for ya.

14126122089_cd31c1d3d0_n.jpg

Geez that is SOOOOOOOOO 2012

Personally still on the fence on Macs

Everyone already knows that, though ;)

I dunno. Two Blue Plus looks shitty on their own, though. I've got about 54 optical watts (optical meaning it is the radiant output, not the watts of power that they use) of royal blue that I can get from my LEDs, so I'm pretty set when it comes to blue lol.

;)

I like it. Doesn't have the same ease of use that Photobucket has, but there is more storage and no bandwidth limitations (on PB I hit the limit within a few days, and since they disabled their image stats, I couldn't figure out which images were getting hit the most).

I think you will have a hard time blending two different t5 bulbs in the hybrid settin ... At least I did ... It was much easier to get the colors I liked with uniform t5 colors

Kessils beat ecotech radions, aqua illumination and maxspect razors in 2012.. that's tough to beat imo. For leds.

DRLOVEtoreef

Kessils beat ecotech radions, aqua illumination and maxspect razors in 2012.. that's tough to beat imo. For leds.

Yes but those other lights have improved while the kessil is the same more or less

There's a reason why Kessils won the reefbuilders 2012 led showdown. It's on the packaging lolol. Took a picture for ya.https://flic.kr/p/nwh4X8'>14126122089_cd31c1d3d0_n.jpg
Ahh Reefbuilders will spotlight anything for instance Metrokats tank :).

Yes but those other lights have improved while the kessil is the same more or less
What bulb combos you running Love?
DRLOVEtoreef

Ahh Reefbuilders will spotlight anything for instance Metrokats tank :).

What bulb combos you running Love?

Lol ... And Zia's

Which tank on the bulbs?

We are all fanboys or girls of some product out there Lulu.

Lol true. You're a fan of deep blue tanks. I'm a fan of kessil a150w. :D

Nah I like my Deep Blue 24x24x12 but not a fan. I am a fan of cheeseburgers and pussy :).

Nah I like my Deep Blue 24x24x12 but not a fan. I am a fan of cheeseburgers and pussy :).

Well, you gotta be a fan of something related to this hobby...something...wellsos? Palys? Anything? lol

DRLOVEtoreef

How about both if your not to busy counting money.

Anemone tank is three blue plus and one coral plus ... SPS is four blue plus and two coral plus but about to drop a coral plus for a purple plus

Eh money ... I wish three daughters take it all

Lulu and his kessils and Lawnman and cheeseburgers and sausage ... Lol

Well, you gotta be a fan of something related to this hobby...something...wellsos? Palys? Anything? lol

MEAT

Anemone tank is three blue plus and one coral plus ... SPS is four blue plus and two coral plus but about to drop a coral plus for a purple plus

Eh money ... I wish three daughters take it all

Lulu and his kessils and Lawnman and cheeseburgers and sausage ... Lol

MEAT

Wellsos it is then. :D

jedimasterben

I think you will have a hard time blending two different t5 bulbs in the hybrid settin ... At least I did ... It was much easier to get the colors I liked with uniform t5 colors

Surprisingly, the LEDs eliminate the T5 shadowing.... isn't it usually the other way around? :)

LOL.... hit reply to see what you were a fan of besides cheeseburgers :P.
DRLOVEtoreef

Surprisingly, the LEDs eliminate the T5 shadowing.... isn't it usually the other way around? :)

Yep ... Except your monster LEDs

Are u getting much shimmer ?

LOL.... hit reply to see what you were a fan of besides cheeseburgers :P.

U and everyone else - lol

Archived