Coral Vue Hydros

The Doc is in - ATI & Tooth Dust powered - new pics on pg 32

DRLOVEtoreef

Hurricanes are nothing more than very strong thunder storms (typically) by the time they get all the way up to Austin. They lose strength rapidly once they hit land.

Oh that seems mini then. Austin should pretty safe then right?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DRLOVEtoreef

Does it have steering rack problems?

Let me see, over the years

Replaced air bag sensors five times

New air bag computer

Blown amp even though she never has the radio on loud

Lift gate motor

Air conditioner motor

Plus a bunch of other crap

I love Florida. Hurricanes suck, but thats life.

Lulu. Vw owns Audi. Audi is its luxury brand. They all share various components. For example the 2.0t motor in a lot of vw's also come in various Audi models.

That's being said. A jetta isn't even close to a Audi. While they share components that's about it. The motors usually have more hp and the car has more tech. Just like infinity is nissans luxury line. They share components, but a Infiniti g37 is a lot nicer then a Nissan maxima. Even though 50% of the car is the same.

Lulu. Vw owns Audi. Audi is its luxury brand. They all share various components. For example the 2.0t motor in a lot of vw's also come in various Audi models.

That's being said. A jetta isn't even close to a Audi. While they share components that's about it. The motors usually have more hp and the car has more tech. Just like infinity is nissans luxury line. They share components, but a Infiniti g37 is a lot nicer then a Nissan maxima. Even though 50% of the car is the same.

You work for a dealership or just a common garage?

Good point. I was just hoping to hear if maintaining a brand new volks jetta is easy on the costs in the long run? I know japanese cars have low cost maintenance but I know volks is cheap like a toyota, honda is so the maintenance should be about the same right? I'll still buy a volks jetta new but was hoping if it wasn't too harsh on the maintenance.

I work for myself. I specialize in luxury and exotic. Have laid back the wrenches a bit as i get older. I'm only 30 and devoloping really bad arthritis. I have started doing more add ons then actual mechanic work. Wheels, suspension, tint, detailing ect. Things of that sort. Love what I do though.

glennr1978

Florida ... That means better selection for CGA?

Not really. It wouldn't change much for me, for the most part. I would DEFINITELY dive for my own rics, RFA's, etc... That would be sooo awesome! I don't think it takes much to be able to legally collect coral in Fl.

Not as safe as east Texas

Yeah but what about tumble weeds!!!

I'll take my chances here on the beach :) .

That's cool. Austin kinda sucks in the winter, IMO. It freezes there and the roads get covered in ice.

I'd imagine the cost of living is less in Austin. Housing may be about the same, but everything else is likely less than what you are use to paying. Actually, housing is only expensive in the downtown area, and out in west Austin, IIRC (I lived in Austin for a short period of time about 15 years ago).

Born, raised, and lived in Indiana for 32 years. I know all about ice :). I know they can get snow too so that would be cool.

I work for myself. I specialize in luxury and exotic. Have laid back the wrenches a bit as i get older. I'm only 30 and devoloping really bad arthritis. I have started doing more add ons then actual mechanic work. Wheels, suspension, tint, detailing ect. Things of that sort. Love what I do though.

Damn, arthritis? Was it from the genes? Or do you know how it got to you? I used work at a lfs and the old owner has arthritis, kinda sucked when she showed me it. Hopefully yours isn't too bad..

jedimasterben

Not really. It wouldn't change much for me, for the most part. I would DEFINITELY dive for my own rics, RFA's, etc... That would be sooo awesome! I don't think it takes much to be able to legally collect coral in Fl.

Actually, it does. There are only a specific number of licenses in existence and no more will ever be created. You have to purchase one from a collector that is getting out of it, dies, etc.

Yeah but what about tumble weeds!!!

I'll take my chances here on the beach :) .

Yes. And you can even take those diving pics for us to check out! :)

37 here and I have arthritis in my left arm like a mofo. Real bad in cold weather.

Damn, arthritis? Was it from the genes? Or do you know how it got to you? I used work at a lfs and the old owner has arthritis, kinda sucked when she showed me it. Hopefully yours isn't too bad..

That's what happens little fella when you grind your ass off doing manual labor all your life ;).

Good point. I was just hoping to hear if maintaining a brand new volks jetta is easy on the costs in the long run? I know japanese cars have low cost maintenance but I know volks is cheap like a toyota, honda is so the maintenance should be about the same right? I'll still buy a volks jetta new but was hoping if it wasn't too harsh on the maintenance.

Every import car has higher maintanance cost. It would be cheaper to maintain a ford focus then a Jetta. Get what I'm saying? If you want my honest opinion. Buy and sell. Most cars start needing big maintanance about the same time they are paid off. By then u can trade it in, have some equity, and get a new one. Keeps u in a fresh car and not spending money on a old car.

glennr1978

Actually, it does. There are only a specific number of licenses in existence and no more will ever be created. You have to purchase one from a collector that is getting out of it, dies, etc.

Really? That sucks :(. I obviously haven't looked into it all that seriously, but IIRC, you only needed a fishing license with some sort of endorsement for harvesting coral as well. I could be (and probably am) completely wrong though. Like I said, I just kinda skimmed over the topic, briefly at best.

Fl > Tx just the same...I love it there :)

37 here and I have arthritis in my left arm like a mofo. Real bad in cold weather.

That's what happens little fella when you grind your ass off doing manual labor all your life ;).

Yup! It's not horrible yet. I've been wrenching since around 10 and raced motocross since 7. Put it together and my hands have worked their ass off. Im trying not to do things that make it worse. Shifting my focus away from back breaking mechanic work has helped. Even though i still work on cars it's a lot easier on my hands. Not pulling motors out every week and doing that crazy stuff.

jedimasterben

Really? That sucks :(. I obviously haven't looked into it all that seriously, but IIRC, you only needed a fishing license with some sort of endorsement for harvesting coral as well. I could be (and probably am) completely wrong though. Like I said, I just kinda skimmed over the topic, briefly at best.

If you're caught collecting coral and the FWC finds out you are also in the business of selling coral when they look you up, they aren't gonna ask any questions and your ass is grass lol. They take that stuff very seriously. Personal collection (with bag limits and extremely strict collection lists) is fine with a paid saltwater fishing license, but no reselling of anything that you get.

glennr1978

If you're caught collecting coral and the FWC finds out you are also in the business of selling coral when they look you up, they aren't gonna ask any questions and your ass is grass lol. They take that stuff very seriously. Personal collection (with bag limits and extremely strict collection lists) is fine with a paid saltwater fishing license, but no reselling of anything that you get.

And there's the discrepancy that I obviously missed! That really sucks, I would like to dive and collect my own livestock for my personal display tank. I just think it would be cool. Oh well....

Kinda like herbicide and pesticide here in Indiana. Anyone can spray it and buy it. But the minute you advertise or charge for the service without a license your ass is grass.
jedimasterben

And there's the discrepancy that I obviously missed! That really sucks, I would like to dive and collect my own livestock for my personal display tank. I just think it would be cool. Oh well....

It definitely is. I've collected tons of macroalgae, I don't dive or anything, just what I can get from the beach essentially. No corals grow anywhere near the beaches, though, people just destroy them unfortunately. Well, except sun corals, those are pretty much growing anywhere now lol.

Though in the keys it is probably a little different story. I know that zoanthids there can be in the most inconspicuous of places, usually only a few inches below the surface on all kinds of things.

BattleAthletics

Glen, you didn't leave in when Rita instead of hitting here it hit Beaumont/ port Arthur?

Glen, you didn't leave in when Rita instead of hitting here it hit Beaumont/ port Arthur?

What does CC stand for? CC, South Texas? Oh...Corpus Christie?

37 here and I have arthritis in my left arm like a mofo. Real bad in cold weather. That's what happens little fella when you grind your ass off doing manual labor all your life ;).

Damn, I didn't know you had it too....so arthritis is pretty common then I suppose?

Every import car has higher maintanance cost. It would be cheaper to maintain a ford focus then a Jetta. Get what I'm saying? If you want my honest opinion. Buy and sell. Most cars start needing big maintanance about the same time they are paid off. By then u can trade it in, have some equity, and get a new one. Keeps u in a fresh car and not spending money on a old car.

Wait, but I thought Japanese cars don't really require much maintenance repairs? Sorry I meant repairs and parts not like the oil changes, etc.

Yup! It's not horrible yet. I've been wrenching since around 10 and raced motocross since 7. Put it together and my hands have worked their ass off. Im trying not to do things that make it worse. Shifting my focus away from back breaking mechanic work has helped. Even though i still work on cars it's a lot easier on my hands. Not pulling motors out every week and doing that crazy stuff.

Well hopefully there will a real medical solution within the next 20 years to get rid of that arthritis...and one with no devastating side effects...lol.

Archived