ReefCleaners.org

The Doc is in - ATI & Tooth Dust powered - new pics on pg 32

DRLOVEtoreef

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DRLOVEtoreef

I meant, I like it when people turn actinics on only. B)

aah, thanks ... sometimes I am slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

yep, I do miss that feature, but, I always feel kind of cheated by that ... I hate going to fragswaps or stores and they are rocking solid blue ... come on guys, show me what they might look like in my tank ..

come to think of it, I think that is why I like buying from Glenn ... his lights are pretty damn close to where I run mine (temperature wise) and he doesn't overprocess them

speaking of photos, I suck at taking them ... I think I must have forgotten how ... I took 20-30 to get those crummy few :rant:

DRLOVEtoreef

speaking of t5's, the new line of Giesemann PowerChrome t5 lamps looks promising ... increased PAR values, longer life span etc .. I might have to give those a whirl!

DRLOVEtoreef

Goddamnit, I didn't even get to turn on my damn Lagoon Blue bulbs yet.

lol - I know, but being a T5 fan, I like to hear of progress on that front

jedimasterben

I'm surprised they could talk Sylvania into making even more kinds of bulbs for them. It's only a matter of time before ATI, Giesemann, KZ, etc run out of money to keep Sylvania making their ultra-niche bulbs as solid state lighting continues to replace fluorescent and vapor.

DRLOVEtoreef

I'm surprised they could talk Sylvania into making even more kinds of bulbs for them. It's only a matter of time before ATI, Giesemann, KZ, etc run out of money to keep Sylvania making their ultra-niche bulbs as solid state lighting continues to replace fluorescent and vapor.

eh, as long as the bulbs continue to sell, they will continue to be made ... at least I hope fingerscrossed

the normal number is 32 ... most people don't have a mouth big enough for all 32 though omgomgomg

Maybe I have small teeth ;):lol:

We drank a lot of milk and had VERY little soda when I was a kid. I think that's why I have such great teeth :).

DRLOVEtoreef

Maybe I have small teeth ;):lol:

We drank a lot of milk and had VERY little soda when I was a kid. I think that's why I have such great teeth :).

yep, milk maybe not so much, but, limited soda makes a huge difference ... people always seem to forget that they are essentially pouring acid and sugar on their teeth with soda ... and then can't understand why they have cavities ... couple that with the sweet tea in this area and you get a mess :slap:

yep, milk maybe not so much, but, limited soda makes a huge difference ... people always seem to forget that they are essentially pouring acid and sugar on their teeth with soda ... and then can't understand why they have cavities ... couple that with the sweet tea in this area and you get a mess :slap:

Where are you, which state?
glennr1978

come to think of it, I think that is why I like buying from Glenn ... his lights are pretty damn close to where I run mine (temperature wise) and he doesn't overprocess them

Thanks, G!

I just finished installing a couple of halides that I'll be running along with my LED's which should make for even better, more accurate pics. Granted, my stuff won't pop like what you see from other vendors, but my customers definitely won't feel let down when they receive their corals.

I saw a post from a very well known vendor over on r2r that was a response to someone asking for full spectrum pics, not just actinics. The vendors response was something along the lines of "who doesn't run blue lights these days", and that was about it. I can't wrap my head around why so many feel that it's acceptable to deceive people with over-edited, actinic only pics. Those guys should slick their hair back and go sell used cars (no offence to anyone that sells cars, just making a point using the sterotype, sorry!).

Between my two kids (5 and 7) we have only had one cavity. Neither of them has ever even tasted a soda though. However, they definitely eat their fair share of candy :(.

He's just down the road from me here in Tx. In Tx, "just down the road" is about 300 miles, lol.

DRLOVEtoreef

As alluded by the venerable Lawnman, Texas - specifically East Texas ;)

Thanks, G!

I just finished installing a couple of halides that I'll be running along with my LED's which should make for even better, more accurate pics. Granted, my stuff won't pop like what you see from other vendors, but my customers definitely won't feel let down when they receive their corals.

I saw a post from a very well known vendor over on r2r that was a response to someone asking for full spectrum pics, not just actinics. The vendors response was something along the lines of "who doesn't run blue lights these days", and that was about it. I can't wrap my head around why so many feel that it's acceptable to deceive people with over-edited, actinic only pics. Those guys should slick their hair back and go sell used cars (no offence to anyone that sells cars, just making a point using the sterotype, sorry!).

Between my two kids (5 and 7) we have only had one cavity. Neither of them has ever even tasted a soda though. However, they definitely eat their fair share of candy :(.

He's just down the road from me here in Tx. In Tx, "just down the road" is about 300 miles, lol.

uggh, that really frustrates me .. certainly not an accurate representation of the corals depending on how your lights will be setup ... I have seen one vendor that showed corals under different lights .. that was pretty cool

you are a smart man Glenn on the soda

jedimasterben

eh, as long as the bulbs continue to sell, they will continue to be made ... at least I hope fingerscrossed

To an extent, yes, but the manufacture of bulbs from such a tiny market (yes, reef lighting is an incredibly tiny piece of the pie, one that I'm sure Sylvania still scoffs at every time an order is placed for more bulbs, as they manufacture all ATI, KZ, Giesemann, Pacific Sun, etc, and if I'm not mistaken they also manufacture the Radium bulbs along with many other metal halides) costs money that is now starting to be spent in solid state, and the world is focusing less on this older tech. Hell, China is wanting to move to all solid state and is imposing major taxes to encourage growth of the LED industry there. Only a matter of time before these techs start getting replaced and one thing that will be cut (and probably first) are niche markets.

Those guys should slick their hair back and go sell used cars (no offence to anyone that sells cars, just making a point using the sterotype, sorry!).

:lol:

DRLOVEtoreef

love the dimensions on both your tanks :D

Thanks I am a sucker for shallow tanks

To an extent, yes, but the manufacture of bulbs from such a tiny market (yes, reef lighting is an incredibly tiny piece of the pie, one that I'm sure Sylvania still scoffs at every time an order is placed for more bulbs, as they manufacture all ATI, KZ, Giesemann, Pacific Sun, etc, and if I'm not mistaken they also manufacture the Radium bulbs along with many other metal halides) costs money that is now starting to be spent in solid state, and the world is focusing less on this older tech. Hell, China is wanting to move to all solid state and is imposing major taxes to encourage growth of the LED industry there. Only a matter of time before these techs start getting replaced and one thing that will be cut (and probably first) are niche markets.

:lol:

Well I guess I will cross that bridge when it happens

As alluded by the venerable Lawnman, Texas - specifically East Texas ;)

I didn't realize he was alluding :lol:. I may be moving to Texas. Austin, TX :D.

I like the simplicity that the t5 fixtures offer me ... I initially upgraded the larger tank lighting to ATI b/c I had SPS in that system ... I fell in love with the simplicity of the ATI fixtures ... I had to send the NanoBox hybrid off for repairs and purchased another ATI to use for the 2-3 months the hybird was out for repairs ... during that time I loved the response I was getting from the T5's - coupled with the simplicity and clean looks of the ATI's, and, I decided to go all t5's

####ing boss right there!

aah, thanks ... sometimes I am slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

yep, I do miss that feature, but, I always feel kind of cheated by that ... I hate going to fragswaps or stores and they are rocking solid blue ... come on guys, show me what they might look like in my tank ..

speaking of photos, I suck at taking them ... I think I must have forgotten how ... I took 20-30 to get those crummy few :rant:

Lol, that's why I went with the kessils a150w 15k, it's bluer than any led light out there for full spectrum growth and is as close to actinics. So I will be able to enjoy the actinic* look 24/7, not having to deal with natural* look or sunlight look lol. I won't have to worry about frag swaps either. :)

DRLOVEtoreef

I didn't realize he was alluding :lol:. I may be moving to Texas. Austin, TX :D.

Austin is about three hours south of me, but I can direct u to some good options

####ing boss right there!

Lol ...

Lol, that's why I went with the kessils a150w 15k, it's bluer than any led light out there for full spectrum growth and is as close to actinics. So I will be able to enjoy the actinic* look 24/7, not having to deal with natural* look or sunlight look lol. I won't have to worry about frag swaps either. :)

Never been a big fan of Kessils

I only had 29 teeth to start with is that uncommon? I had 1 wisdom that I had pulled and 2 other back ones from to much candy. Then I broke my 2 front teeth off in a BMX accident. They fixed my front ones at 15 but by 19 they had to be removed because they were loose. I have had a partial for 15 + years. I have thought about getting 2 implants and the rest of the top and bottom ones veneered or what ever the #### you call it :).

Also Dr Love is that a 24" dimmable on the smaller tank?

Austin is about three hours south of me, but I can direct u to some good options

Lol ...

Never been a big fan of Kessils

Same here, well I started out with kessils, then ai nano sols, then buildmyleds(purple lighting), and now I'm going back to kessils lol.

I just bought the same light as this guy, a150w 15k ocean blue and it's really blue. I probably should've gone 20k deep ocean blue for that full spectrum actinic look but I screwed up...

8195313565_ae54c53d41_b.jpg

Looks blue enough though.

jedimasterben

Same here, well I started out with kessils, then ai nano sols, then buildmyleds(purple lighting), and now I'm going back to kessils lol.

I just bought the same light as this guy, a150w 15k ocean blue and it's really blue. I probably should've gone 20k deep ocean blue for that full spectrum actinic look but I screwed up...

'full-spectrum' and Kessil don't go together. Kessil barely uses any white LEDs except in the 'Amazon Sun' line of their pendents. The white LEDs they do use emit almost no light above 500nm.

'full-spectrum' and Kessil don't go together. Kessil barely uses any white LEDs except in the 'Amazon Sun' line of their pendents. The white LEDs they do use emit almost no light above 500nm.

Hmm that's interesting then I mean how are corals growing and thriving so well under the 15k or 20k then? It must be full spectrum somehow in the light to be able to have that growth ability.

Archived