Innovative Marine Aquariums

THE OFFICIAL ASK ALBERT THIEL THREAD

ZephNYC

There’s something Fishy going on when they Clown around with our Hobby and Industry …

The National Marine Fisheries Service is being petitioned to list a number of commonly traded Corals and Fish – including even the common Clownfish – in the Endangered Species Act.

This will effectively end all trade and aquaculture of these species, and make even interstate traffic of them a “Felony”, yes a Felony !

Meanwhile, in Hawaii, efforts are underway to close one of the most regulated and sustainable ornamental Fisheries in the World.

Join the Pet Industry Joint Advisory Council today, and help save the Hobby, the Trade and most importantly the “right” marine species, and not species that are not endangered, and have actually grown in numbers over the years.

Visit PIJAC.ORG/marine and join them to help defeat laws that are not for the good of the fish, corals and the environment in general !

You “can” make a difference and work for conservation at the same time.

This announcement is included in this Newsletter as a Public Service, and an Alert for every Hobbyist of what is on the Horizon that is seriously threatening our Hobby.

It is modeled after a full page ad posted by PIJAC in a few Hobby magazines, including CORAL.

It is not too late to join the movement. Act before it is too late.

It will if we as Hobbyists do not participate in PIJAC’s efforts to protect fishes, corals and our Hobby, but in a responsible and logical manner, and not in the way that Politicians and Environmental Groups are trying to go about it now.

PIJAC needs your help whether you are a store owner, work for one or are a Hobbyist and/or breeder/fragger, as fragging too will be prohibited as will selling them to other Hobbyists.

Albert

• Like 1

heh, too bad you can't order stuff directly from ORA

Yes indeed .. but that is how they have their sales distribution set up I guess, but your local LFS should be able to order whatever you want from them for you .... at least IME ..

Albert

It is 7 degrees here on Long Island today, but my fish are nice and warm. My 2 fireclowns keep the tank at a comfy 78 degrees

Cold yes ... when I got up this morning Paul it was 5 degrees here in Alpharetta ... yes 5 ...

Kind of cold for the Atlanta area

Albert

We are experiencing grest storms here in the UK around the coast but esp in the S SW & Wales the country with lots of damage to property.

I guess the weather is totally messed up this year everywhere ... there have been very serious and nasty storms all over the country here too Les

Albert

That is cold for Atlanta. It went down to 4 here but now it is back up to 7 so I may go boating. :blink:

Yes that was cold indeed ... right now it is up to 14 .... that IS COLD .... and windy ... Had to go to the Post Office to drop off some orders and that was a few hours ago and I am still cold even though I have been home for a while ...

What a weather this year !!!!

And Happy boating :) :)

Albert

Some parts of the UK have had snow but unlike last year here in the NW we have yet to see any not that I am complaining at all.

Today I changed the phosphate media in my reactor with Rowa and topped up my pearl reactor with pellets cleaned the pre-filters sock.

• Like 1

Some parts of the UK have had snow but unlike last year here in the NW we have yet to see any not that I am complaining at all.

Today I changed the phosphate media in my reactor with Rowa and topped up my pearl reactor with pellets cleaned the pre-filters sock.

Well with the kind of weather everywhere it is indeed a good time to do some tank maintenance.

We had flurries here but not really snow except in the more Northern Parts of Georgia ...

Albert

Yesterday the temp here was 56F during the day. Then it dropped to 4F at night. HIGHLY unusual weather.

That is indeed a serious drop over such a short period of time ... amazing .....

This morning it was 5 F here and now it is 21 F, which for the Atlanta region is still very cold, but I think there are many areas of the country where it got a lot lot colder than that ...

Albert

It was 75 here on Sunday and 11 this morning. It will be 75 again this weekend. Of course, I have snails in the mail today. > :(

Well at least it is getting warmer again for you .... here it is supposed to do about the same but with weather forecasts one never knows right ?

Albert

• Like 1

I want to go to Miami!

Great place indeed, but bring two wallets :) as everything in Miami especially along the beaches is not a give-aqay ....

The weather was OK when I was there on Jan 1 and 2, but a bit cloudy for part of the day, but I guess that was OK as it keeps the temp to a a reasonable level (82 or so as a max). Had a bit of rain too but only cloud bursts of it nothing major.

I enjoyed my stay and Miami but the real thrill was to see my Daughter and her Husband and my two Grand Children. I had not seen them for a long time as they live in Belgium.

Albert

• Like 2

Can I take all the cuc out my dt and throw them down in the sump, I'm sick and tired of seeing them suck on the class and walk right over my frags (I think that's why there growing so slow) I have 2 turbos, 2 big blue leg hermit and halloween hermit, 1-2 small hermits and a cleaner shrimp which dosen't really bother me until I try to spot feed the torch smh.

• Like 1

Can I take all the cuc out my dt and throw them down in the sump, I'm sick and tired of seeing them suck on the class and walk right over my frags (I think that's why there growing so slow) I have 2 turbos, 2 big blue leg hermit and halloween hermit, 1-2 small hermits and a cleaner shrimp which dosen't really bother me until I try to spot feed the torch smh.

I would not remove all of them as you still need some CUC's in the tank but if you have quite a few then moving some to the fuge as long as you are sure that there is enough food stuff for them in there as if there is not they will obviously starve ... you said sump but I assume you meant fuge ... I would assume that the ones that walk over your frags are the Hermits so you may need to move those or at least some of them.

Remember you need some sort of cleaners in the tank as there will always be matter there that you would like them to get rid of (consume).

Albert

Great place indeed, but bring two wallets :) as everything in Miami especially along the beaches is not a give-aqay ....

The weather was OK when I was there on Jan 1 and 2, but a bit cloudy for part of the day, but I guess that was OK as it keeps the temp to a a reasonable level (82 or so as a max). Had a bit of rain too but only cloud bursts of it nothing major.

I enjoyed my stay and Miami but the real thrill was to see my Daughter and her Husband and my two Grand Children. I had not seen them for a long time as they live in Belgium.

Albert

Last year went to Sanibel in February and wow, so cold.

This year going in March...heat want heat

• Like 1

Last year went to Sanibel in February and wow, so cold. This year going in March...heat want heat

Wel I sure hope you do as going to a place on vacation where it is supposed to be warm and then finding out that it is not is no fun at all.

Wish you the best ...

Albert

We have run across the Spoon Worm "Bonellia viridis" ... but here is a very unusual one .... and would I eat it as they ask : certainly not ")

http://www.shockmansion.com/2012/05/08/penis-fish-would-you-eat-it/

Here are some pics of the one we may be accustomed with (often comes in with rock from the Gulf as a HH

Bonellia%20viridis.png

BonVir_mondomarino.jpg

They are actually harmless as they feed on algal material and particulate that floats around in the water.

Albert