Innovative Marine Aquariums

Indo Shallow Reef

Kayleen

I'm not sure why I have very little PE. It's enough to see the polyp tips but nothing like I see in other tanks. I just added a second mp10 for more flow so I hope that helps. Also I had a bleaching event with the new lights due to over lighting. It took a couple months to get color back. Now the coral look better than ever!

I feed heavily too which I thought would help PE. I have a large fuge and good skimmer and params are pretty good.

Your tank is amazing. I hope to build one for my new tank but a little bigger. I'm thinking around 48" x 24" x 16".

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure why I have very little PE. It's enough to see the polyp tips but nothing like I see in other tanks. I just added a second mp10 for more flow so I hope that helps. Also I had a bleaching event with the new lights due to over lighting. It took a couple months to get color back. Now the coral look better than ever!

I feed heavily too which I thought would help PE. I have a large fuge and good skimmer and params are pretty good.

Your tank is amazing. I hope to build one for my new tank but a little bigger. I'm thinking around 48" x 24" x 16".

Could it be because low nutrients in your tank. Do you dose any coral food?

Always nice to have a biggertank. I am building bigger one around 36"x 18"x 16". The idea is to host my tangs when it get bigger, maybe could use it for frag tank too. But for frag tank, I will have To get a new chiller.

As for fowlr tank do whats the ideal temp?

ID ? Strange looking crab ... looks like a plastic one ....

:lol: Come to think of it quite like one plastic crab.

:lol: Come to think of it quite like one plastic crab.

Wonder whether it is or not ... sure looks like one but I seem to remember that I have seen that exact same picture elsewhere, maybe on RC

and random top shot

topview24sept_zps3bfb5bb6.jpg

Looking very nice Kayleen !

cannot find any emerald crab to help busting bubble alga, added 1 fox face instead. Anyone had luck with foxface cleaning up bubble alga?

Based on my experience in the past Foxface will not eat Bubble algae but Emerald crabs will

This is one of the fastest and most beautiful builds I have seen EVER!!! Amazing tank :bowdown: . Mine's 2 months old or so, but only has a few small frags in it (takin the slow approach...especially since my wife wouldn't be too happy if I bought 25 pieces of coral at once :lol:

Once again, very nice!

Cheers!

This is one of the fastest and most beautiful builds I have seen EVER!!! Amazing tank :bowdown: . Mine's 2 months old or so, but only has a few small frags in it (takin the slow approach...especially since my wife wouldn't be too happy if I bought 25 pieces of coral at once :lol:

Once again, very nice!

Cheers!

Very nice indeed as you say but .... I agree on the comment about coming home with 25 frags all bought in one day ... not sure how that would go over .. . but then I have not tried it so who knows

Looking very nice Kayleen !

Based on my experience in the past Foxface will not eat Bubble algae but Emerald crabs will

I doubt it too, had to find a way to capture foxface. He is eating pellets though.,

Looks beautiful Kayleen, thanks for updating us.

Will update some more pic soon IIX B)

:bowdown:

Thanks Hypsophrys :lol:

Gorgeous!

Thank you pyronus

I love that Stylo!

Yea stylo one of my favourite too ;)

Once again, very nice!

Cheers!

Thank you for your kind words, :lol: I wanted taking it slow too. by putting 25 frags at once made one desperate sps addict. The truth is we do not have any LFS stocking SPS. Had to order directly from exporter, which is 25-30 of min order.

totm soon?

i think so

Iam a newbie :)

Beautiful!

Thanks jball1125

B)

:wub:

Personally I like the colors better under T5's. BTW Tank looks awesome kayleen.

Me too coral colors really :o Under t5. As i said changing bulb every six month would be a real problem here. Not many stock ati bulbs. Thank you Rehype your tank is my inspiration

Archived