Cultivated Reef

Indo Shallow Reef

Kayleen

Thanks Albert :happy:

Thank you neuwave, sps doing great in health. Just need more time for nice colour showed up.

Any idea what to feed helfrichi firefish? Tried new spectrum, ocean nutrition f1 and instan baby brine shrimp. Does not attract her to eat it. Maybe h2o reef paste?

I'm sure they will color up soon.

Try Cyclopeeze (frozen). That should work.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sure they will color up soon.

Try Cyclopeeze (frozen). That should work.

Could not get any frozen cyclopeeze here.Only dried... as for today have not see firefish out swimming fingerscrossed

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you Spirofucci

How's the radion treating your tank

I love my Radion! Best "mod" I've ever done to it, although I did add back the stock T5s to help eliminate some of the "shadows" caused by the Radion.

• 2 weeks later...
Lovely lovely tank Kayleen!

IIX thanks

Super looking Kayleen !

I'm coming over the pick it up ... nap it ...

Its your albert come and get it :lol:

Love it k!

Thank you d'Espresso

I love my Radion! Best "mod" I've ever done to it, although I did add back the stock T5s to help eliminate some of the "shadows" caused by the Radion.

What is your tank dimension, you think one radion will be cover my tank nicely?

Some more top down before upgrading to led :happy:

029.jpg

Could someone would be so nice help id sps

030.jpg

I know these two should be millepora species

020.jpg

019-1.jpg

Green slimer?

021.jpg

023-2.jpg

015-2.jpg

022-3.jpg

Sorry, can't help you much in the ID department, except to say "wow" !!!!!!!

What ever light you have on there, it sure is doing a great job!!! Are you sure you want to switch to LEDs?

What are the dimentions of your tank???

Sorry, can't help you much in the ID department, except to say "wow" !!!!!!!

What ever light you have on there, it sure is doing a great job!!! Are you sure you want to switch to LEDs?

What are the dimentions of your tank???

I had slow growth and colouration 6x24w t5. Is LED that bad? Well it is too late just got my radion, have not got any chance to play with it yet. Will update later.

24"x24"x12" is the tank size

OK, cool, you're gonna love that Radion and it should be just fine for the dimentions of your tank!

Some will argure that a good combination of T5 bulbs are the only way to go, but to me the Radion has great color and growth along with the advantages of low heat, low electricity usage, programmable, and no bulbs to replace, and it look so sleek!

You can also do the thunderstorm thing, but I never use it.

You cannot beat t5 with good combinatin that make color pops up, well also spread is one thing too. But changing bulb every 6 months would be problematic especially for me, local lfs hardly stocking good bulbs like ati.

Lighted it up last night, umm think I might need add 1 more fixture to make sps happy. Still running at 50% intensity though. Will watch closely this couple weeks.

Looks great as usual. Btw, I noticed that you have a green bubble algae infestation there haha.

Yea stupid bubbles, I am having hard time to clean that. Any idea to combat this one?

Beautiful tank, bravo!

Thanks jball1125

Keep in mind that led does not look as bright as t-5 in many cases. Sorry if you already know that but when I added my DIY led kit I burned my sps because I thought it didn't look bright enough so I put the light on 100 percent. I now run them at 35 percent and have great color and growth. Just no PE

Keep in mind that led does not look as bright as t-5 in many cases. Sorry if you already know that but when I added my DIY led kit I burned my sps because I thought it didn't look bright enough so I put the light on 100 percent. I now run them at 35 percent and have great color and growth. Just no PE

I will keep that in mind, thanks for the advice. Great color and growth and yet no PE? Any idea what would be the problem? Most coral would be bleached if you switch light. Need somekind of acclimation.

Maybe adding an emerald crab ?

I doubt we have that kind of crab here, beside I do not know what emerald crab looks like :lol:

You cannot beat t5 with good combinatin that make color pops up, well also spread is one thing too. But changing bulb every 6 months would be problematic especially for me, local lfs hardly stocking good bulbs like ati.

Lighted it up last night, umm think I might need add 1 more fixture to make sps happy. Still running at 50% intensity though. Will watch closely this couple weeks.

Keep us posted on your progress with the Radion! I think it says it has a 24" spread.

It's a green looking crab. Here. lol

emeraldMithraxCrab1.jpg

Nice looking crab :lol:

Keep us posted on your progress with the Radion! I think it says it has a 24" spread.

Will do, hope my coral love my new light

Archived