inTank Media Baskets

Indo Shallow Reef

Kayleen

Do you have a Blue Tang and a Yellow tang in that small set up? It seems that you are going for an instant reef. Perhaps that's why your SPS browned out....nothing good in this hobby happens fast and it seems that you have been stocking this tank pretty past.

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Deleted User 4
Do you have a Blue Tang and a Yellow tang in that small set up? It seems that you are going for an instant reef. Perhaps that's why your SPS browned out....nothing good in this hobby happens fast and it seems that you have been stocking this tank pretty past.

I think her sps pieces are fine as of now... So no worries. A few may be alittle browner than before, but it'll color back up in no time if she keeps her water parameters fine.

albertthiel
Quick question flame hawk is a carnivore type fish? Just watch it chasing my two sexy shrimp? Sexy really to find around here. Hope they manage to avoid being eaten.

-1 on the Flame ... your shrimp will be history even in a big tank and even if they manage to avoid the fish for a while Kayleen

Albert

lololol Flame hawks love to eat shrimps.....your sexy shrimps will die as food.

:tears:

Well seem have to get the flame out. But my anemone shrimps look fine, introduced Intomthe tank them 4 days ago.

Sorry why actually put two tang into my small setup would be the cos of browned sps? Hi nutrients levels?

My po4 reading at 0.01 and nitrate was 0, myslef abit confused with those level reading why my sps browned out? Could it be lighting? Fixture was at 9" height. Already lowering to 6.5" last week and will be at 4,5" this week. did you even notice the size of the blue and yellow :D .

Yeah stocking the tank was alittle bit fast :lol: .

-1 on the Flame ... your shrimp will be history even in a big tank and even if they manage to avoid the fish for a while Kayleen

Albert

What if I could keep the flame well feeded, would it leave my shrimps alone? :lol:

albertthiel
Sorry why actually put two tang into my small setup would be the cos of browned sps? Hi nutrients levels?

My po4 reading at 0.01 and nitrate was 0, myslef abit confused with those level reading why my sps browned out? Could it be lighting? Fixture was at 9" height. Already lowering to 6.5" last week and will be at 4,5" this week. did you even notice the size of the blue and yellow :D .

What if I could keep the flame well feeded, would it leave my shrimps alone? :lol:

On the Flame ... not sure how it would behave but IMO it would still go after it

Albert

I never said that your SPS browned out because of the two tangs that are in there. I simply asked about these two fish because your set up is way too small for any type of tang. In additon, your SPS could have browned out because your tank was not mature for enough for them. If I read well, you bought 25 mini colonies at once, plus all the other ones that you had already purchased. I am nobody to tell you what to do but perhaps your reef would do better if you slowed down a bit on the purchases.

You went for the instant reef look by buying tons of mini colonies at once. Hopefully everything will thrive and grow well for you.

Deleted User 4
I never said that your SPS browned out because of the two tangs that are in there. I simply asked about these two fish because your set up is way too small for any type of tang. In additon, your SPS could have browned out because your tank was not mature for enough for them. If I read well, you bought 25 mini colonies at once, plus all the other ones that you had already purchased. I am nobody to tell you what to do but perhaps your reef would do better if you slowed down a bit on the purchases.

You went for the instant reef look by buying tons of mini colonies at once. Hopefully everything will thrive and grow well for you.

Don't worry man. She's pretty pro reef keeper. She knows what she's doing. She ain't a noob, that's for sure. I've worked at a saltwater fish store for 3 yrs back then and what she did here is fine. Stores do this all the time. She just has much more experience than some of the noobs here haha.

Kayleen, you're tank is doing spectacular. You've accomplished an awarding piece of reef, congrats. :)

On the Flame ... not sure how it would behave but IMO it would still go after it

Albert

fingerscrossed fingerscrossed Albert hopefuly will turned out just fine

Yeah 25 colonies at once, I had to because min order from bali coral farm are 25 pieces. I was told min were 40 :scarry: . Thanks for the advice TimberC hopefully will turn out amazingly. As for the tangs most nano fishes are jumpers :lol: . Anyway as soon those tangs get bigger will swap for little one :D

Don't worry man. She's pretty pro reef keeper. She knows what she's doing. She ain't a noob, that's for sure. I've worked at a saltwater fish store for 3 yrs back then and what she did here is fine. Stores do this all the time. She just has much more experience than some of the noobs here haha.

Kayleen, you're tank is doing spectacular. You've accomplished an awarding piece of reef, congrats. :)

No pro no noob still learning toward succesfull and mature tank IIX :lol:

My skimmer running with aquabee2000i, which i think in the first place it is too oversize for me. After running almost two months cannot get it to perform what it designed for.

So Iam trying to get a smaller one. Would bubblemagus nac 3.5 too small for my tank?

Please advice

Thanks

albertthiel
Nothing to cross, can't find sexy anywhere :tears:

Maybe sexy molted and is in hiding for a few days .... and I assume you add some iodine type supplement to help sexy in rebuilding a carapace if molting is indeed what sexy did.

Or sexy may just have gone in hiding for a while ... could be

albertthiel
Yeah, not surprised...lol. Flame hawks love to munch on tiny shrimps.

Either the molting or the Flame got it ... hard to say but if Kayleen does not find the sexy then I guess the Flame did get hold of him unfortunately

Albert

• 2 weeks later...

My sexy seem like manage to survive from flamehawk, spotted yesterday hiding under elegance :lol:

random sps progress

14th july 2012

011-2.jpg

today

037-1.jpg

14th july 2012

010-3.jpg

today

007-4.jpg

albertthiel
My sexy seem like manage to survive from flamehawk, spotted yesterday hiding under elegance :lol:

random sps progress

14th july 2012

Very nice Kayleen and glad to read that your shrimp made it so I guess I was molting indeed and took some time to re-appear but if it is going into hiding then something is chasing it obviously and maybe it is the Flame, not sure though ...

Guess you may need to decide what to do with the Flame .. perhaps

Albert

random shot LPS

Purple Goniopora

031.jpg

GORGEOUS

Albert

new fishes

multicolour.jpg

firefish.jpg

007-5.jpg

Had to remove YT from maintank. He is being naughty chasing new fishes even not a "TANG"

Very very nice Kayleen

Very very nice Kayleen

Thanks Albert :happy:

Love the angel. The sps look nice and healthy. keep up the good work.

Thank you neuwave, sps doing great in health. Just need more time for nice colour showed up.

Any idea what to feed helfrichi firefish? Tried new spectrum, ocean nutrition f1 and instan baby brine shrimp. Does not attract her to eat it. Maybe h2o reef paste?

Archived