Coral Vue Hydros

Indo Shallow Reef

Kayleen

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Awesome... AWESOME looking tank. Very inspiring!

Still long way to go Thanks amjez

Any update on your tank?

Beautiful acros k

Thanks d'Espresso' love what you done to your tank, unique scaping

albertthiel
Wow, just drooling over your collection right now ahah. By the way, I love how all your new corals are mounted onto live rocks already...just a great plus.

What are your plans next? Fishes? Inverts? ahah

I think you're good on the coral selection. No need to add any more corals imo ahah.

IIX Kayleen posted some pics and asked for some comments on my Albert Thiel Thread ... if you go there you can see what she posted and perhaps give her some input and suggestions ... of course anyone else reading this can do ... I would appreciate it

Thanks

Deleted User 4
Kayleen ... I can see that you have some space on the substrate where you can place some but if I many make a suggestion I would do some reshaping of all the rock you have so you create more of a spread out layout and maybe an arch looking type set up of the rock, and then place your SPS corals in spots where when they grow they do not grow into each other because they are too close to each other.

Nice tank though for sure and I like what I see so the suggestions are just for you to think about

Others on the Thread here may give you some more input ... at least I hope so ...

Anyone want to give Kayleen some more suggestions for how to set up her tank and doing some rescaping

Thanks

Albert

I think the coral placements and scape are perfect the way they are. Very artistic and unique as the slope from left to right goes into a downward arch way. I'd say leave it the way it is. There are plenty of room for each sps to grow based on the way you placed them imo.

• 2 weeks later...

FTS nothing much added

Most sps brownish hopefully will get its colour back. STN on montipora, Only able to get few shots

167.jpg

With simple sump which need to tidy up cables

177.jpg

Random Shots

175.jpg

168.jpg

171.jpg

Deleted User 4

Looks great kayleen. I don't understand how you said the sps are turning brown??? It looks colorful in the fts...lol.

Looks great kayleen. I don't understand how you said the sps are turning brown??? It looks colorful in the fts...lol.

Yea it is turning brown. Sps was much more lighter and deep colour when 1st got them.

Deleted User 4
Yea it is turning brown. Sps was much more lighter and deep colour when 1st got them.

Ohh, I couldn't really tell. Good luck and hope everything turns back around for you. :)

Are you dosing anything for your sps?

Manage to get back from work in time before light off

005-4.jpg

007-2.jpg

011-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

Ohh, I couldn't really tell. Good luck and hope everything turns back around for you. :)

Are you dosing anything for your sps?

Thanks IIX, I am currently using Zeovit system. No dosing yet only basic 4 of zeovit, trying to get to low nutrients systems first and corals lighter in appearance then tweak it with colour supplements.

Love the tank!

Thank you for stopping by animalmaster6

albertthiel
Manage to get back from work in time before light off

005-4.jpg

007-2.jpg

011-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

Very nice indeed Kayleen ...

Albert

Deleted User 4

Ahhh I see. Where do you get those zeovit systems....I've seen lots of videos on zeovit tanks and they're amazing..........but when I type in zeovit in google...nothing really shows but articles ahha

Ahhh I see. Where do you get those zeovit systems....I've seen lots of videos on zeovit tanks and they're amazing..........but when I type in zeovit in google...nothing really shows but articles ahha

Got here from local importer, try go to zeovit.com.

Is it the dosing products that you buy??? or the reactors??

I am using full zeovit system. Currently only dosing basic zeovit for ultra low nutrients, later on use supplements from zeovit for colour tweaking. Reactor itself bought from local reliable DIYer.

Thanks

albertthiel
I am using full zeovit system. Currently only dosing basic zeovit for ultra low nutrients, later on use supplements from zeovit for colour tweaking. Reactor itself bought from local reliable DIYer.

Thanks

Read a few messages recently on the forum and on others, and there seems to be a lot of talk about Zeovit but no one really seems to have too much info about it, but most of what I have seen is positive.

Ingredients/content/active ones etc. seem to all not be disclosed although the FDA and Agriculture dept usually requires that the major components be disclosed ...

Good to see though that hobbyists seem to be pleased with its effects ... but of course it is quite new to the market so longer term evaluation will be helpful

Have not seen anything negative though

Albert

Actually got two in the tank. Omg so pricey when it hit US, here around $1.6 per piece. Want one ? :P

But it is the other way around for livestock and coral we could get much more cheaper here localy, as for equipments omgomgomg

Quick question flame hawk is a carnivore type fish? Just watch it chasing my two sexy shrimp? Sexy really to find around here. Hope they manage to avoid being eaten.

Deleted User 4
Quick question flame hawk is a carnivore type fish? Just watch it chasing my two sexy shrimp? Sexy really to find around here. Hope they manage to avoid being eaten.

lololol Flame hawks love to eat shrimps.....your sexy shrimps will die as food.

Archived