Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

new kessil A350.. just out***post your pics***

randythefishdude

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need more pictures up in here!! Please =D. BTW I thought that picture with the original post and the arrow pointing up and the thread direction arrow pointing down was hilarious even though I didn't read what was going on lmao.

TeflonTomDosh
I also saw those par numbers, looking promising enough. also, I emailed kessil about the spread of the two lights and they said the A350 would have a spread of about three feet, and the A350W would be about four. they said those depend on how high you raise the light though.

Niceeeeeeeeee, bout to throw one on my 40B. :D :D

knight22586

If you look at the spectrum charts for kessils it clearly shows Violet and even Red spectrum range. Even the a150's have it. Kessil has never stated(to me knowledge) of only using BLUE/WHITE leds. These guys are meticulous when it comes to growth and not just corals... lol I agree with the fads of control all the diff settings but heh to each his own.

PicO Aquariums
dooooooooo it! i'm waiting a little longer for the A350W!

I will let you know when I can get them if you want. I myself am personally waiting for the same thing.

I have a 24 x 24 x 10 in the works for the show room at the shop.

dallasprstn
I will let you know when I can get them if you want. I myself am personally waiting for the same thing.

I have a 24 x 24 x 10 in the works for the show room at the shop.

sounds great, pm me about it?

I want the A350W with channel 1 "Amazon Sun" and channel 2 "Sky Blue 10000K"

That would be drool worthy over my custom planted tank build..

yeah i got pico's first one. I think most reefers will be thrilled by the 15k look. it's just me personally, I really really like their 10k spectrum and would have preferred a dimming 10k as opposed to the 2 channels.

I still have a a350 so they still have my endorsement though.

but the best color is both of them at minimum output. that spectrum is just damn sexy

I probably would've gotten the 10k had I not purchased the a350.. Now I have to wait a few more weeks for my PiCo

PicO Aquariums
I want the A350W with channel 1 "Amazon Sun" and channel 2 "Sky Blue 10000K"

That would be drool worthy over my custom planted tank build..

planted tank :naughtydance: I want to get into planted tanks so bad. Just no time -_-

planted tank :naughtydance: I want to get into planted tanks so bad. Just no time -_-

So worth it though. An iwagumi tank with ridiculous shimmer! LOL

Too lazy to read in detail these past 4 pages assuming that they're filled with nonsense...

So here is something rather useful.. (Dimensions of the tank is 24x24x20 I believe). enjoy!

Grendel0501

IMG_9370.jpg

Just got mine in today. After dropping $1400 on LED's I feel like Kessil owes me a toaster, or a t-shirt.. SOMETHING!

IMG_9370.jpg

Just got mine in today. After dropping $1400 on LED's I feel like Kessil owes me a toaster, or a t-shirt.. SOMETHING!

hey does the new one feel plastic to you? and weird wet paint feeling on the knob?

I cant help but feel that the a150s had superior builds

Have you had/used OR seen an AquaIllumination light in person? If so, maybe some comparison (aesthetically speaking of course).

buddythelion
Have you had/used OR seen an AquaIllumination light in person? If so, maybe some comparison (aesthetically speaking of course).

Neptunes, my LFS, uses 6 AIs over their display tank. He fired up the 350 and it outshone them. The difference was very obvious.

IMO, kessil was better. Seen both AI SOL and a350 on display before. a350 had better shimmer and colors popped better. But I'm only a noob, so don't take my word for it.

Also I'd take better color than controllability, but that's just me.

The Tuna Blue (from pictures and video's I've seen) seem to have a better "blue" coloration than the AI's. But that's my opinion.

Here's a Par reading video for anyone interested.

dallasprstn
whats everyones obsession with shimmer? I'd actually like less shimmer

i think a lot of the people that talk about the kessil's shimmer are talking about the fact that it looks less like the "disco" effect you get from a lot of other LED's and that the tightly packed LED's on it produce a more complete looking shimmer. To me, a lot of the LED's out right now that have a grid-like organization to them do not produce a very natural looking shimmer. I think that's why a lot of the diy'ers have started to tightly pack their LED's, and also why the 3 in 1 LED's have started to become popular.

Grendel0501

I didn't notice that.

The body of the a350 is plastic, while the A150 is metal. Also I did feel the knob and it does have a wet feeling to it, probably the polished metal side on the end of the knob.

Also I haven't seen the AI's. So I'm no good for comparisons.

Archived