Cultivated Reef

new kessil A350.. just out***post your pics***

randythefishdude

franklypre

As far as spread is concerned it will be totally dependant on hanging height, just like a halide. Intensity is the main question and from what I've read(I don't have one yet) it produces. Two A150s on a 40b are supposed to be ideal, so to me that means 18X18 for the A150, I would expect more intense light from the A350 and a spread of atleast 24-30" with the standard.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gearhead364

I pre ordered an A350w just waiting for it to ship... anyone know when these things are coming out, I thought it was the end of may?

dailydriven911
I pre ordered an A350w just waiting for it to ship... anyone know when these things are coming out, I thought it was the end of may?

They did but all the other pre-orders shipped June 1st. I guess the next batch will be end of June from what I have read. I have the A350 already just waiting on the gooseneck which s/b here Friday! :)

So nobody got an a350w yet? Damn ... hoping to make a decision soon on which to get. I am building a 24"x12"x15" ... and can't decide whether to go with an a150, a350 or a350w. I am leaning towards the a350w to ensure spread, but would like to see a few in action first.

Here's a useful image..

Kessil a350W on a Oceanic 57 gallon Iluminata tank (L 36 x W 18 x H 21), 6" off the waterline, running at around 35-40%

jovon.jpg

yljsn.jpg

Wow that is impressive - is the bottom shot cranked up to 100%?

Makes me wonder if it's too much spread for my 24" now ... hrm.

The tank isn't mine but from what I heard you are correct, the bottom shot is at 100% on all channels.

You should take into account the total height, which would be approximately 27" from the bottom, which seems to give pretty decent coverage for a 36" length. So depending on how high your tank is and how high up you need to put it, you'll either have too much or just the right amount of spread.

• 2 weeks later...
Here's a useful image..

Kessil a350W on a Oceanic 57 gallon Iluminata tank (L 36 x W 18 x H 21), 6" off the waterline, running at around 35-40%

jovon.jpg

yljsn.jpg

Thanks for using my pictures without asking >.<

Wow that is impressive - is the bottom shot cranked up to 100%?

Makes me wonder if it's too much spread for my 24" now ... hrm.

Bottom is 100%, but camera throws the white balance off quite a bit.

I feel the corners are a little dull in person. I'm thinking I'll need 1 more 350W or 2 x 350 if I decide to go SPS on the corners. May just get 2 radions. But growth will dictate that.

^sorry! I like your tank though~

:bowdown:

Thats cool, but please give credit to the person you took the picture from. Specially if you are rehosting them :P

randythefishdude
Guess you didn't read the page? leave alone the last few pages? :P

lol i started the thread i read all the pages

Mine hasn't bleached my acro frag. It's about 3/4ths towards the top of the tank. The frag's about 4 days old.

both channels 100%

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Marco Madeira

Hi,

upgraded to a Kessil A350.

Here some pics, hope you like:

Kessil blue channel - 100%

20120731_184700.jpg

Kessil white channel - 100%

20120731_184748.jpg

Kessil, both channel - 50%

20120731_184826.jpg

Kessil both channel 100%

20120731_184826.jpg

Kessil, both channel 100% plus 2 Par38 bulbs

20120731_190339.jpg

20120731_190201.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Here's a useful image..

jovon.jpg

yljsn.jpg

Is that the tank at Diablo Corals?

Looks familiar...

gulfsurfer101

Mad macro, that is one impressive tank. Those who switched from mh to these lights, my question is what kind of growth difference are you seeing.

go to a lfs that has one or just buy one. geez what more do you want?

Why even say this comment? WHat if his LFS doesn't have one or he wants to look at pictures to decide if he/she wants one. No one says anything about you being a he/she. It's obvious by your avy (chick wearing a manly attire) and your stupid sig picture of a woman with mustache or whatever it is.

• 4 weeks later...
randythefishdude
Why even say this comment? WHat if his LFS doesn't have one or he wants to look at pictures to decide if he/she wants one. No one says anything about you being a he/she. It's obvious by your avy (chick wearing a manly attire) and your stupid sig picture of a woman with mustache or whatever it is.

thank you btw i did not make this thread for me its for any one interested in this light i just wanted members to have pics if they were interested in one

i work in a lfs and they use acan leds so no i have not seen one in person and will not till i buy one when i have the right tank to use it on.

Archived