Cultivated Reef

Angler Away! - Wartskin Macro Tank

ccapasso

Give it a day or three. They're always a little noisy during the break-in peroid. Mine quieted down after a day or two. I was going to mention that earlier.

Yeah. I read that after posting ...lol...They say there is a break in period.

I am curious though, you said you don't run yours over 50%. Do you mean when you have it on lagoon mode you have it dialed down to 50% max?

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Islandoftiki
Yeah. I read that after posting ...lol...They say there is a break in period.

I am curious though, you said you don't run yours over 50%. Do you mean when you have it on lagoon mode you have it dialed down to 50% max?

In Lagoon mode, I have it set to about 50% of max. It will blow my sand bed to smithereens if I turn it up much higher.

I don't think you'll need to run it very fast. You don't want to blow the poor mantis all over the tank. When I was temporarily keeping my mantis in my 7.5 gallon tank, just the flow from the AC70 was enough to tumble him around and make certain parts of the tank off limits.

Deckoz2302

You realize that at 100% it will peak at 2100gph laminar flow or 1590gph dynamic... even after break in period you will hear it if its 85+% I run all three of mine on the 5th led(they aren't always at that power cause of the sync) and its more then plenty....except after I feed I do 100% short pulse on 3ms pulse width >:D

Islandoftiki
You realize that at 100% it will peak at 2100gph laminar flow or 1590gph dynamic... even after break in period you will hear it if its 85+%

What he said. Also, there are reports that if you don't have the spacer (and I don't think you need it for your tank) that the dry side gets hot enough to craze acrylic when it's running 80-100%. But again, you'll never run it that fast. It'll still move a ton of water at 50% or less.

Yeah, good points guys. Apparently I'm too excited about this thing to think straight..

....Duh....Max speed would be way too much flow.

Btw, as far as placement goes, I have it on the side of my tank opposite the return lines. I'll snap a photo after the dust settles :).

Also, at 100%, it can't move my sand/substrate, lol. Apparently too heavy.

JamieSheffield

Is there another powerhead (not mp10) that has variable/random settings?

Jamie

Is there another powerhead (not mp10) that has variable/random settings?

Jamie

I believe the tunze can do this.

Purple is long pulse ;) iirc long pulse is gangster...

You mean pink (or at least that is what I'd call long pulse)?

Deckoz2302

Yea but for a single mp10 user the only three should be reef crest lagoon and short pulse

Islandoftiki

I like the lagoon the best. Or, I should say my sixline wrasse likes it. Whenever it kicks into a high flow, she swims over and into the current and gets some good exercise. It seems like the best setting to get a realistic random flow like you'd imagine you'd find in the ocean.

Nice. 9 pages of just great stuff. All your keeping in there is mantis?

Yes. I may try to keep a clownfish as well, but we'll see. Basically, if I put anything in there with the Peacock I have to be willing to understand that there is a good chance the something else will become food.

Yes. I may try to keep a clownfish as well, but we'll see. Basically, if I put anything in there with the Peacock I have to be willing to understand that there is a good chance the something else will become food.

So very true. what type of mantis?

jedimasterben
Looks pretty cool. kina mean tho haha.

What ya think of this guy?

pikeblenny1-1.jpg

A pike blenny? It will probably get creamed by the mantis.

Possable lol Its cool tho. I wow does your mantis ever get big. woah

Also read my last post on my thread. you will be shocked.

Spirofucci
I want a mp60 for my bidet

Too funny!!!

Last year Mr. Saltwater TV used an mp 60 to power a rowboat.

jedimasterben
Too funny!!!

Last year Mr. Saltwater TV used an mp 60 to power a rowboat.

LMAO! Link that ####!

Archived