Cultivated Reef

Angler Away! - Wartskin Macro Tank

ccapasso

So I took another stab and the aquascape today. I wanted to try and keep the half circle look but also accommodate for the mantis with caves and long burrows. I think I may have achieved it:

I tried to take pictures to show this, but trust me there are a series of caves created by the rock and I'm confident that the Peacock will create more as needed.

IMG_20120425_124230.jpg

IMG_20120425_124244.jpg

IMG_20120425_124252.jpg

IMG_20120425_124306.jpg

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Islandoftiki

That should do the trick. Besides, if the peacock mantis doesn't like the layout, it'll smash it all to bits and organize it to his own liking.

Rip the box open and take pictures!

It's Like Christmas today!

Package #1 - Delivered by FedEx

IMG_20120425_130001.jpg

Package #2 - Delivered by USPS 2 minutes later

IMG_20120425_130319.jpg

All the wrapping is off. Here are some additional pics:

DSC_0070.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

IMG_20120425_141031.jpg

IMG_20120425_141155.jpg

And last but not least, the photo box I got as well:

DSC_0072.jpg

Needless to say, not much work getting done in the office today, I suspect. :D

Lol...yeah...I'm forcing myself to stop and get back to work now.

I ate a quick lunch so I could spend more time un-boxing and documenting this.

I was about to do a write-up/review of the purchase of this tank, but will have to do that later as I need to get back to work.

Needless to say I'm quite happy with the way this turned out and hope others get to see what quality work this is :).

well when do i get to come to the office and see that thing

Lol...I'm here is Westlake M-F 8-5. You're choice (although knowing when you are coming would be helpful so I can make sure I don't have any meetings).

Ok...Stupid question:

My bulkhead only has 1 rubber gasket. Which side of the tank do I put it in? Inside the display area or behind the false wall?

According to the searches I've done, it goes on the "wet" side. However, both sides are "wet"

Cool. Thanks guys!

That is how I had it, but wanted to verify.

How tight do you need to tighten it? I just made it as tight as possible by hand.

Now to deal with this evil loc-line...

yea thats fine. there is really no reason to be to tight. theres not that much pressure on it. plus waters not gonna go anywhere since you have an aio

jedimasterben
yea thats fine. there is really no reason to be to tight. theres not that much pressure on it. plus waters not gonna go anywhere since you have an aio

This. The rubber just needs to make good contact with both sides and it will make a great seal.

fur-seal_531_600x450.jpg

:D

Islandoftiki

Be careful not to blow a seal....

A penguin was driving through the desert when her car broke down. She waddled to the nearest phone to call AAA. Her car was quickly towed to the nearest garage where the mechanic told her he would need a couple of hours to check things out. The penguin, being a good natured bird, didn't complain, and then wandered off to find the closest supermarket. She proceeded to the frozen foods section and hung out near the fish sticks. After a while she got into the freezer, next to the vanilla ice cream, and ate several gallons. Then she noticed the time and headed back to the garage, covered with ice cream. The mechanic walked over to her, wiping his hands and shaking his head, and said, "It looks like you blew a seal." Blushing, the penguin replied, "Oh no! It's just ice cream."

This. The rubber just needs to make good contact with both sides and it will make a great seal.

fur-seal_531_600x450.jpg

:D

Be careful not to blow a seal....

A penguin was driving through the desert when her car broke down. She waddled to the nearest phone to call AAA. Her car was quickly towed to the nearest garage where the mechanic told her he would need a couple of hours to check things out. The penguin, being a good natured bird, didn't complain, and then wandered off to find the closest supermarket. She proceeded to the frozen foods section and hung out near the fish sticks. After a while she got into the freezer, next to the vanilla ice cream, and ate several gallons. Then she noticed the time and headed back to the garage, covered with ice cream. The mechanic walked over to her, wiping his hands and shaking his head, and said, "It looks like you blew a seal." Blushing, the penguin replied, "Oh no! It's just ice cream."

Lol...Nice guys...

Archived