SaltCritters.com

Angler Away! - Wartskin Macro Tank

ccapasso

YEssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

Just called to confirm and pickup is scheduled for Thursday!!! In addition, they discussed transportation and it turns out they will triple-bag and and put in styro-foam container! So I need to bring nothing!!!

And, I think I've decided to give NPS corals a try. The only downside - I don't have any yet and it is going to be a PITA to put them in once this guy is in there.

If NPS don't work, well then I might have to break down and go with some of Islandoftiki's majanos.

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Islandoftiki
YEssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!

Just called to confirm and pickup is scheduled for Thursday!!! In addition, they discussed transportation and it turns out they will triple-bag and and put in styro-foam container! So I need to bring nothing!!!

And, I think I've decided to give NPS corals a try. The only downside - I don't have any yet and it is going to be a PITA to put them in once this guy is in there.

If NPS don't work, well then I might have to break down and go with some of Islandoftiki's majanos.

Woohoo! I can't wait to see pictures of your sea monster! That's going to be an awesome tank.

JamieSheffield now has a pair of my red/green majanos and one of the prettier brown ones and Kazooie will have a red/green in the next couple days, so as theirs grow out, hopefully they can help supply them to others. I'm down to maybe one more that I can safely extract from the pest tank until they start to split. I've been feeding them regularly, so that shouldn't be too long. I think I'm going to start propagating them in my unused 7.5 gallon tank so I can have a good supply available.

I haven't ever tried to keep any NPS corals, but maybe a sun coral would work, and it'll provide a lot of color. Also Balanophyllia look pretty cool, too. They'd look pretty sharp next to some red/green majanos!

If you have one green/red one, I'll take it. If not, no worries. Let me know.

Curious what they look like without lighting....

Islandoftiki
If you have one green/red one, I'll take it. If not, no worries. Let me know.

Curious what they look like without lighting....

They're still red/green. Not quite as bright.

I'll see if there are any more I can get to.

Check out what I picked up after work today:

Tubastrea (aka Sun Coral)

SunCoral.png

Currently it is in my 55g at home til tomorrow when I'll take it to my office! I think it'll make a nice addition to the tank :)

Islandoftiki
Good luck with the sun coral. Where do you get majanos though? I never see them.

You get them from me... However, I'm running low right now, so the last one I'm going to send out is going to ccapasso until I can grow some more.

Since they're not immediately available except as hitchhikers on live rock, and they're almost always destroyed since people consider them pests, I'm asking everyone I send them to if they will kindly share them with others as their populations grow. So, we should be able to get you one eventually as supplies grow in number. If you want one, that is. PM me if you're interested and I'll start a list of folks who want green/red majanos.

Thanks Islandoftiki!

Let me know what you need from me to ship.

Side note:

I just did another water change at lunch. Tank should be all ready for the Mantis tomorrow :).

Also, sun coral is now in the tank as well. Will try and get a FTS after the dust settles from the WC.

Got in the office about 10 minutes ago and he is now temp adjusting. Next will be drip acclimation.

Here is a pic of him in the bag:

IMG_20120531_173205.jpg

Lol...According to the store it is about 5" long.

And no...no finger in the bag picture....sorry :)

Drip Acclimation nearly complete. Going to give it another few minutes then in he goes.

Then I'll snap a few pics, then I'm going home!

Well, he is in.

Here are the best pics I could get thus far:

IMG_20120531_200122.jpg

IMG_20120531_200206.jpg

Heading home for the night. Be back in less than 12 hours, lol.

Fish_Bagger

We had one for a while that was 5-6 inches long, it was a killer.

Have you ever seen the Zebra mantis?

btfd031.jpg

We had one for a while that was 5-6 inches long, it was a killer.

Have you ever seen the Zebra mantis?

btfd031.jpg

Very nice! How long did you have it? Do you still keep Mantis Shrimp?

The zebra are very cool, but they need such a deep sand bed.

Archived