Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

I Pet my Octopus Daily

Criley7

AquaticEngineer
Squid haven't been kept successfully yet though. Right? Squid would be awesome.

I don't think anyone has been able to get coldwater Stubby Squid until now :) At least in home aquariums.

Sounds awesome! I do like the Pacific Reds a lot also. I was thinking that I want to owe some Nautilus also!

I thought I remember hearing from someone and reading somewhere that people have been able to keep some. If I am remembering correctly they were Humboldt Squid also.

Let me know if you want a red, I was planning on getting a couple at least.

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think anyone has been able to get coldwater Stubby Squid until now :) At least in home aquariums.

Let me know if you want a red, I was planning on getting a couple at least.

Thanks for all the info. I'm not actually moving for a few months but when I do we will be in contact.

I thought the octopus was eyeing up the clown in the second video. Awesome that it doesn't go after it. Didn't you have a ycg in there too?

Yes I did have a YCG come to think of it lol. I'll have to take a look tomorrow. Maybe the GBTA had at it.

I thought the octopus was eyeing up the clown in the second video. Awesome that it doesn't go after it. Didn't you have a ycg in there too?

Hehe I thought the same thing.

Awesome vids BTW!

OOO believe me I have chaeto. And Chemipure Elite. And a protein skimmer. And i still get the cyano. My best bet is to get a bigger tank with more water volume so It can decrease the nitrate/phosphate ppm. Take a close look at the videos again though! In the second video you see the Cyano really bad, but the first video is from the day after, I did a water change and good siphon of the Sand bed and Live rock Which helped a ton, but I think my next move is going to be using some of my Chemi Clean.

OOO believe me I have chaeto. And Chemipure Elite. And a protein skimmer. And i still get the cyano. My best bet is to get a bigger tank with more water volume so It can decrease the nitrate/phosphate ppm. Take a close look at the videos again though! In the second video you see the Cyano really bad, but the first video is from the day after, I did a water change and good siphon of the Sand bed and Live rock Which helped a ton, but I think my next move is going to be using some of my Chemi Clean.

Have you tried

-Microbacter7

-Sugar or Vodka

-GFO in a small bag thrown in a high flow area

Have you tried

-Microbacter7

-Sugar or Vodka

-GFO in a small bag thrown in a high flow area

NO

NO

and NO

I haven't done much of anything with this tank at all lately maintenance wise. The octopus and fish are all very happy and it doesnt bother them, its just a bad eye sore. Now that I'm sick of looking at it tho, I will be tickering with ways to fix my problem. I should throw some GFO in a media bag next. My other option would be to get rid of all the fish. They are a lot of movement when the octopus isnt, so i would be sad to see them go. But I might have to do it eventually for the health of the tank. I think the octopus is a ton more happy and active since the fish were added because he has something to interact with in some way.

The simplest thing to do would be vodka or sugar since the other stuff you have to go and buy.

You can also try no lights for 3 days while doing everything - water changes, GFO, carbon dosing and microbacter (Shut off skimmer for 2 hours at least after adding microbacter)

Very cool Criley, have you tested the water, looks nutrient rich. I think Kat has a reasonable solution, how big is your skimmer?

Thanks Nano!~ No I do not test the water in this tank because octopuses cant live in very nutrient rich waters without a problem and I didn't have anything else to worry about in the tank. Yea going the try Kats suggestions, but if it just keeps coming back after feedings then Im just going to put up with the eye sore until I can upgrade set ups. The skimmer is a AquaC Remora HOB that is rated up to a 75g tank.

The simplest thing to do would be vodka or sugar since the other stuff you have to go and buy.

You can also try no lights for 3 days while doing everything - water changes, GFO, carbon dosing and microbacter (Shut off skimmer for 2 hours at least after adding microbacter)

I love it how you assume That I wouldnt have to buy Vodka! haha I'm actually going to have to buy vodka and sugar! :lol:

Reduce your light to seven or eight hours a day.

Yea I already have it down the 7 hours a day.

I guess I'll just party over at Piggys then. :happy:

If I knew that you were coming to the party then I would have bought a case of vodka! ;)

I was actually getting ready to PM you. One of the managers at my store that work for me was late to work so I wasn't able to get to the Post Office before they close. I am off tomorrow though so it will be going out tomorrow for sure! Sorry but there will not be any calamari in the box when you get it.

I was actually getting ready to PM you. One of the managers at my store that work for me was late to work so I wasn't able to get to the Post Office before they close. I am off tomorrow though so it will be going out tomorrow for sure! Sorry but there will not be any calamari in the box when you get it.

:o Howz about a jumbo jar of Calcium Chloride to make up for my pain and suffering. :huh:

Archived