Innovative Marine Aquariums

I Pet my Octopus Daily

Criley7

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Umm...you need a business license or it is against the law for a wholesaler to sell to you.

I have a business license. It's for a tattoo shop but it's a business license.

You were supposed to e-mail me when you got more of them in dammit!

So how exactly do SAMs clubs and costcos work? They are whole salers who cater to small business', but if you pay a small fee you don't need to be a business owner.

So how exactly do SAMs clubs and costcos work? They are whole salers who cater to small business', but if you pay a small fee you don't need to be a business owner.

Pretty much.

Awesome videos. I tried to hand feed mine a fiddler and she bolted. Guess I need to spend more time with with her! I have some red grape, caulerpa prolifera and dragons breath I could send you. Shoot me your address if interested, I can fedEx for free via my work.

Awesome videos. I tried to hand feed mine a fiddler and she bolted. Guess I need to spend more time with with her! I have some red grape, caulerpa prolifera and dragons breath I could send you. Shoot me your address if interested, I can fedEx for free via my work.

Yea man! Pm'd

I also don't think they are close to being endangered. They are the most commonly found and sold Octopus at my LFS's. I think they also die quicker in captivity because of the limited space.

Technically not endangered, but the amount in the wild was unknown last time I checked. And the reason they are found in LFS is because people buy them and they are commonly known. And they tend to die because people don't care for them properly and they are often old when bought. They live in mud in the wild, so the rockwork that is provided for them doesn't cut it. Same story with the wunderpus.

Check tonmo.com for a more thorough description.

Technically not endangered, but the amount in the wild was unknown last time I checked. And the reason they are found in LFS is because people buy them and they are commonly known. And they tend to die because people don't care for them properly and they are often old when bought. They live in mud in the wild, so the rockwork that is provided for them doesn't cut it. Same story with the wunderpus.

Check tonmo.com for a more thorough description.

Yea this is why you need a huge tank also because part of making them comfortable is allowing them to do the same things in captivity a they would in the wild. Mimic and wunderpus are also more picky eaters IMO which also adds the their death rates in captivity.

The whole time I am waiting for him to leap out of the tank and engulf your entire hand. lol

Today we're going to help you shop for a bell and rope. Suckerpie needs to be able to ring for his dinner.

Free-shipping-Fashion-retro-heart-Hair-rope-wool-balls-Hair-band-small-bell-Hair-circle-Hair.jpg

4inchBrk_bell.jpg

My only problems are that it can't be metal(which eliminates the bell sound) which makes it almost pointless. Also how the attach it without creating more spaces that he can escape from or also so I'm not fishing for it 24/7 to put it in its place so the octopus will ring it.

My only problems are that it can't be metal(which eliminates the bell sound) which makes it almost pointless. Also how the attach it without creating more spaces that he can escape from or also so I'm not fishing for it 24/7 to put it in its place so the octopus will ring it.

We can totally use a metal bell. It will be hung outside the aquarium, maybe with a suction cup. And the rope will be like those you see in the old jitney buses, there is a rope that sounds a buzzer for the driver to stop.

Alternatively, you can hang the bell on top of his tank and dangle the rope into the water.

:lol:

We can totally use a metal bell. It will be hung outside the aquarium, maybe with a suction cup. And the rope will be like those you see in the old jitney buses, there is a rope that sounds a buzzer for the driver to stop.

Alternatively, you can hang the bell on top of his tank and dangle the rope into the water.

:lol:

Yea that sounds like an idea. Hopefully he doesn't grab the rope to ring it, and then climb the rope right out of the tank. Haha

Hells bells. Give him a stick and a frigg'n gong! He can do it.

Yea I'm sure with a lot of training he could do it.

Well I came home last night to a leak in my HOB Fuge. The leak is right were the intake tubing meets the acrylic for the refugium. Im hoping that My coral putty job will fix the leak. If it doesn't I will be getting rid of it and getting an AC70 or AC110. Im also accepting donations at this time. Or very very cheap. :D

Your petting the pus video was so cool, I shared it with my friends. I hope you don't mind?

Of course now they think I'm crazy because I have friends that have Octopus pets. And then I'm just really a freak because the aforementioned friends pet the octopus on top of that.

:haha:

Well I came home last night to a leak in my HOB Fuge. The leak is right were the intake tubing meets the acrylic for the refugium. Im hoping that My coral putty job will fix the leak. If it doesn't I will be getting rid of it and getting an AC70 or AC110. Im also accepting donations at this time. Or very very cheap. :D

Did it work?

Archived