Innovative Marine Aquariums

NanoTopia's ZEOvit 80L [ ]

NanoTopia

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry Christine, there actually is a thread on the new AI lights. Didn't mean to hijack your thread. :D

Same here :)

Let's get it back on topic:

DAYUM GIRL LOOK AT THOSE CORALS

:lol:

NP, I am lucky to have you guys around and appreciate your knowledge 100%,

Jedi, I think people (including me) are just completely confused about all the different emitters and technical jargon that goes with. It sure would be nice if you could do a side-by-side comparison (spread sheet) of some of the more popular LED fixtures us nano-heads are using these days, something that would help us understand the important differences when it comes to light output and spectrum. Just a thought.

Christine, which coral is this blue/yellow one?

8670243298_6c144ce8e1_z.jpg

This is an Cali Tortousa. There are many different torts out there, green body with blue tips and green polyps is a Cali Tort. You said blue/yellow, it might appear a bit yellowish in this picture but it is more green to the eye. Here is the frag when I got it, the green is stronger in the picture:

7305282752_ce450b682b_z.jpg
Nano sapiens

This is an Cali Tortousa. There are many different torts out there, green body with blue tips and green polyps is a Cali Tort. You said blue/yellow, it might appear a bit yellowish in this picture but it is more green to the eye. Here is the frag when I got it, the green is stronger in the picture:

That is a very nice Tort, for sure. RP looks good, too!

jedimasterben

NP, I am lucky to have you guys around and appreciate your knowledge 100%,

Jedi, I think people (including me) are just completely confused about all the different emitters and technical jargon that goes with. It sure would be nice if you could do a side-by-side comparison (spread sheet) of some of the more popular LED fixtures us nano-heads are using these days, something that would help us understand the important differences when it comes to light output and spectrum. Just a thought.

I've got a massive LED writeup coming, but it's more geared toward DIY. I'll see what I can come up with though. :)

Hey nano... what top off reservoir are you using? I was looking at getting something from Royal Exclusiv, but there stuff is pricey.

Hey nano... what top off reservoir are you using? I was looking at getting something from Royal Exclusiv, but there stuff is pricey.

Home made :)

8245985022_c186101644_z.jpg
Glass with acrylic top.
After dosing ZeoSpur2 (weak dose) I noticed some lightening of corals but not all of them. One, my A.striata stag, went almost white in some areas, gave me a bit of a scare. It's still quite light and I don't like it much. I will try ZeoSpur2 again, slightly higher dose when everything returns to normal. So far I am not really impressed with it but will give it another go in a couple of weeks.

This coral was one that produced some better colour as a result of dosing, and it's growing nicely.

8845511136_cb8cb359dd_z.jpg

My Red Planet is a nice colour, growing but not as fast as it was a month ago. It has based over the rock amazingly. Now I would like more forward growth on it as I would like to frag this coral in the future.

8844895009_85bb1fa562_z.jpg

Overall I am quite happy with the tank these days, everything is healthy and growing and most corals are coloured where I want them. This tank is 21 months old now and really starting to flourish. My Cleaner shrimp slowly released unfertilized eggs yesterday, the Lubbock's had a field day :)

One more, the Aussie Favia is looking really healthy as well...

8844882953_52a4f47ea4_z.jpg

Nice to see zeovit is working for you. Have you tried b-balance? Just dosing this twice in a week I noticed a mild lighting in some corals, mainly with green and blues. You can try a drop or two of KZ Pif, this can really help enhance those blue tips.

I use it all but sparingly, I dose PIF twice a week. I am not a huge fan of dosing a lot of Iodide, I have had some bad experiences with it in the past. I dose K Balance twice a week as well. The tips are bluer in person really, camera never picks up the correct colours for me, might be the LED's. I have dosed B Balance but you should never dose Spur and BB at the same time as they have similar, but different effects on corals.

I have the same coral then. The green bits are closer to the lower part of the coral, new growth is mostly blue and purple. It has a very nice growing shape and patters, I like it.

Home made :)

8245985022_c186101644_z.jpg
Glass with acrylic top.

:wub::bowdown:

I have the same coral then. The green bits are closer to the lower part of the coral, new growth is mostly blue and purple. It has a very nice growing shape and patters, I like it.

:wub::bowdown:

Coral should have a green body throughout, green polyps, and blue/purple tips = Cali Tort.

And this one for my NEW ADA 30C build...

8796936151_1dae6659c6_z.jpg

I love torts! Some day it may look like this :)

image-34.jpg

Very nice there Chad, how long have you been growing it out? It looks almost like it is tabling, I have seen this coral grow in many different forms.

Very nice there Chad, how long have you been growing it out? It looks almost like it is tabling, I have seen this coral grow in many different forms.

I've had it for around 18 months, it was a decent chunk when I got it.

013.jpg

Kfmmartin19

So today at my LFS they had a Lubbocks for sale and I wanted to get it pretty badly. But it was listed as "Assorted Fairy Wrasse" and they want $70 for it...helllllll no

I may have to 'borrow' your idea for the ATO Christine :P

Absolutely

So today at my LFS they had a Lubbocks for sale and I wanted to get it pretty badly. But it was listed as "Assorted Fairy Wrasse" and they want $70 for it...helllllll no

Yes that is too much for a Lubbock's, I think I paid around $30-35 for mine. I love him, awesome wrasse.

Very neat DIY :bowdown: . The Cali tort looks great!!

Archived