inTank Media Baskets

NanoTopia's ZEOvit 80L [ ]

NanoTopia

Thanks lilopop, I target feed frozen mysis shrimp or frozen clam twice a week. The Acan is probably benefiting from the Zeovit additives I dose as well, including AALPS and Coral Vitalizer. It's been a good grower for me and I attribute the growth mainly to target feeding.

Thx for your info nanotopia, i'll try target feeding for my acan too .. wish in 8 month, my acan will like yours :wub:

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New acropora addition yesterday, impulse buy, also picked up some more snails and this tuxedo Urchin.

8662528209_0944767c17_c.jpg

8663628478_756fef5f1c_c.jpg

8663623052_600da67c9b_c.jpg

8663644592_e997a720ac_c.jpg

Those are good for algea eating correct?

In my experience they prefer coralline, however, if you have a lot of that on your glass they will definitely help keep it in check. The great thing is they're peaceful and very cool to look at. Plus you never know what they're gonna be carrying around with them.

Those are good for algea eating correct?

That's right, good little muncher they are, got him for a little problem area in the back and just because he is cooooool.

Looks like the new acro came with a little pocillopora hitch hiker to boot.

Good eyes, that make 3 of them now I have growing as hitch hikers, they are all small but one is branching on my A.gomzi. I like these HH but sometime I get pest algae as well. This coral was a good buy for sure.

Wow look at that PE!

Not bad for a couple hours in the tank huh, all my corals are experiencing good PE through the day as well as night time. :)

So my tank temp is now 79F, I am trying out that temp for a while, so far the corals seem to like it. Also have a look at a progression over two weeks on this purple millepora I almost gave up on, it got hit pretty hard from the AEFW and dips a few months back, now it is showing some promising signs. I'm keeping my eyes on this one. April 3 to April 19.

:)

That's right, good little muncher they are, got him for a little problem area in the back and just because he is cooooool.

Good eyes, that make 3 of them now I have growing as hitch hikers, they are all small but one is branching on my A.gomzi. I like these HH but sometime I get pest algae as well. This coral was a good buy for sure.

Not bad for a couple hours in the tank huh, all my corals are experiencing good PE through the day as well as night time. :)

That would be a well trained coral eye LOL

Reefmaster1996

Dang for 16 days that's decent growth on that purple mili I've been looking into zeovit for my 20 long but, I rather spent it on adding it to my 50 gallon upgrade tank that I've been working on.

• 3 weeks later...
NanoTopia
Finally got around to breaking up the Hydnophora colony, made some frags (6) that will go to LFS in a month or so.

8724305178_64e087975f_z.jpg
NanoTopia

April 3 to May 29... colour is improving slowly. (This post has been updated on May 29 2013)

8662828821_29e40ed1ab_n.jpg8662831379_88060a1573_n.jpg8662517397_cb7ffe1b82_n.jpg

8695704803_bee1d22059_n.jpg8720082841_bc9ce464c7_n.jpg8747068257_4b4faca37b_n.jpg8836295935_9de62c2ee5_n.jpg8880613808_ae1b4757a6_n.jpg

Things are a bit of a mess right now as I make some small changes in the reef but here's a short video update... Watch in 720p if you can :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ps5aASue8c

Polarcollision

Some top down shots I took today...

8669135139_473fcbacc3_z.jpg

8669147079_c987f8ab2e_z.jpg

8670247034_40a604c1bb_z.jpg

8670243298_6c144ce8e1_z.jpg

8670239852_62e9ff1225_z.jpg

Gorgeous photos and gorgeous corals! I could watch your aquarium all day.

I bought my first millepora frag that doesn't want to stick its polyps out and flow with the rest of the corals. Gonna read through your thread to see what you're doing to coax them out of hiding. :-)

Keep up with the color progression shots on that acro! Very nice.

Thanks and will do, it's always exciting to see things change for the better in the aquarium.

Gorgeous photos and gorgeous corals! I could watch your aquarium all day.

I bought my first millepora frag that doesn't want to stick its polyps out and flow with the rest of the corals. Gonna read through your thread to see what you're doing to coax them out of hiding. :-)

Thanks polarC, there can be several reasons why monties are unhappy, they are considered an easy coral but I have struggled with them in the past, I think introducing some phytoplankton or other micro food can help. I have found mine do a bit better when I feed and keep the PO4 and NO3 low. Also, it may be an anecdotal observation but I find they are very sensitive to Iodine in the water, if you dose it try stopping for a while. I always say, start with some larger water changes on a more frequent basis, this has worked miracles for me in the past, it's the only way to restore elemental balance. :)

Polarcollision

Thanks polarC, there can be several reasons why monties are unhappy, they are considered an easy coral but I have struggled with them in the past, I think introducing some phytoplankton or other micro food can help. I have found mine do a bit better when I feed and keep the PO4 and NO3 low. Also, it may be an anecdotal observation but I find they are very sensitive to Iodine in the water, if you dose it try stopping for a while. I always say, start with some larger water changes on a more frequent basis, this has worked miracles for me in the past, it's the only way to restore elemental balance. :)

Yeah, I starved the tank trying to keep algae completely away and the montis bleached. Oops. Now I'm feeding a ton of food and plankton so the colors have finally come back and corals are growing like mad. All the corals are happy now except for a new pink lemonade millepora. I can't seem to coax it to stick out it's polyps like it did when fresh from the LFS.

Archived