SaltCritters.com

NanoTopia's ZEOvit 80L [ ]

NanoTopia

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Christine this is the greatest joy my friend. Congrats on totm, very well deserved finally!

Your too kind, your tanks have been an inspiration to me, thank you :)

Late to the party, but congrats on the TOTM!! You definitely earned the title :) Great, great looking tank!!

Congrats on the TOTM! It's about time, this has always been a great tank.

Thank you so much guys, your comments mean a lot to me :)

Here's a pic of the tank with lighting, taken a bit further back...

8617048182_c688f76f64_c.jpg

I like the coverage of the Vertex Illumilux, with three fixtures mounted together I have even LED coverage on all 4 corners of my tank. Corals receive more light on their surface from multiple angles, I feel this aids in health and growth of the coral. One draw back to this is the light spill into the room, not a big deal in my case though due to the location of the tank.

How high are the lights from the surface of the water? Have you played around with lowering them to reduce light spill, or do you lose too much spread?

How high are the lights from the surface of the water? Have you played around with lowering them to reduce light spill, or do you lose too much spread?

The LEDs are about 7 inches from the surface. I had to raise them because the corals close to the surface were bleaching. By raising them instead of turning them down I seem to get less intensity on the surface but still enough to grow SPS near the sand bed. I can live with the spill, these LEDs and all Vertex fixtures do not use optics.

I have been eyeing the ATI LED Powermodule with built in LEDs, not out yet in North America and a bit pricy, I am undecided. I like LEDs but think for my next build (maybe before) I will go T5+LED, I just like the diffusion and colour better overall. I know someone on another site who is swapping out the Mitras for this new ATI fixture, looks impressive so far.

Christine

I have been eyeing the http://premiumaquatics.com/aquatic-supplies/ATI-2603.html]ATI LED Powermodule[/url] with built in LEDs, not out yet in North America and a bit pricy, I am undecided. I like LEDs but think for my next build (maybe before) I will go T5+LED, I just like the diffusion and colour better overall. I know someone on http://www.zeovit.com/forums/showpost.php?p=265055&postcount=55]another site[/url] who is swapping out the Mitras for this new ATI fixture, looks impressive so far.

Christine

I totally agree, the T5 LED mix is by far my favorite lighting choice. The coloration T5's are notorious for along with the intensity and controllability of LED's is perfect IMO. Those new ATI fixtures are the bees knees, but that price tag has to come down a couple hundred before I can even dream of getting one :( Knowing ATI THOUGH I'm sure there worth every penny.

Hey Christine, Happy TOTM!!

Thank you Bob :)

I totally agree, the T5 LED mix is by far my favorite lighting choice. The coloration T5's are notorious for along with the intensity and controllability of LED's is perfect IMO. Those new ATI fixtures are the bees knees, but that price tag has to come down a couple hundred before I can even dream of getting one :( Knowing ATI THOUGH I'm sure there worth every penny.

I agree the prices are high but prices always drop soon after the release of new fixtures. I'm pretty sure I could add some LED's to a ATI SunPower as well for much cheaper. I'm ultimately looking for dim control of my lighting overall, I like the naturalness of a dawn/dusk ramp, I think the fish like it too.

Dave fason/nano-box could make you a t5/led combo. He is making one for deckoz. No idea on price though.

Thanks Brad, I may check that out in the future, I'm not in a big rush to change lighting, the corals seem to be doing quite well under the LED's now, better since I raised them a few inches.

Reactor finally arrived today, but it was detached from the white base :(

Dear god, do you have any IPS Weldon 16 (Acrylic Glue)?

8621202968_b19c6557d6_n.jpg
Should be an easy fix, you could use aquarium safe silicone but Weldon would be better.
This sucks, the thing has likely been through the ringer getting to you. :(

Congrats on TOTM - well deserved.

Thank you Uglyfish :)

The technology on this tank has me all omgomgomg and the pictures :wub:.

Thanks Herptile, trying to make it as interesting as I can :)

Got a little DIY project coming up, it involves the Neptune Apex. B)

Thanks Herptile, trying to make it as interesting as I can :)

Got a little DIY project coming up, it involves the Neptune Apex. B)

If your acrylic skills are anything to go by then I'm sure it'll turn out great, too.

You have my full attention :lol:

Just a simple little thing really...

I'm calling it a "Panic Button"

Basically a red push button mounted in a project box that will run off my ALD module.

Reason you may ask... In case of a major disaster happens with the tank, fire, flood, etc. The switch will be at the entrance to the room, one push and the tank shuts down, lights, pumps, heater, skimmer, everything. It will not cut main power however, just the equipment from the EB8, still I think it useful for others as well if I am not home. If the switch is pushed I will receive immediate notification by email and an alarm will sound. Hope it never has to be used :)

Pics of the build coming soon.

Archived