Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NanoTopia's ZEOvit 80L [ ]

NanoTopia

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would def. recommend getting rid of that cpr overflow and get a litereef or a mame

way to many bad stories from what I hear

your tank is awesome btw

i would def. recommend getting rid of that cpr overflow and get a litereef or a mame

way to many bad stories from what I hear

your tank is awesome btw

Yup, well aware of the unreliability of CPR overflows, had an issue a month ago. They need to be checked and cleaned weekly. I have had it on the tank for two years now without incident until a month ago. I will never purchase another for any future tank build, guaranteed. I likely won't change it now though as this tank will be torn down in a year or less. My new tank will be very different. Failsafe!

Is that SPS in the first pic red or pink IRL? Is it a birdsnest? Can't really tell :)

Montipora digitata, orange

Excellent pics & growth :)

I'm intrigued by the bluish brown millie....is it a mari or a named piece? I have something that looks similar...and I'm wondering if it can get to a full blue.... Have a couple pieces, both very similar at the moment, look like yours...However, one was bluish/purple at the beginning, and I'm wondering what it takes to get that blue. Any ideas :)?

Excellent pics & growth :)

I'm intrigued by the bluish brown millie....is it a mari or a named piece? I have something that looks similar...and I'm wondering if it can get to a full blue.... Have a couple pieces, both very similar at the moment, look like yours...However, one was bluish/purple at the beginning, and I'm wondering what it takes to get that blue. Any ideas :)?

Thanks Bello, Are you talking about the mille I have been documenting growth on( second photo down)? If so it was a mariculture piece sold as a Purple mille, it was hit pretty hard with AEFW a while back, it went brown and stopped growing for a long time. When I got it it was dark purple/blue colour, I have yet to get it back to the original colour. The polyps are brown(ish).

Purple is a hard colour to keep on some corals along with blue, I am playing with spectrum ATM with hopes I can get it more purple in time. My K is 400ppm and I am dosing Iodide Fluoride (Zeovit PIF)as well with feeding. It's growing pretty well but I suspect I won't get it much darker in a Zeovit ULNS, time will tell.

9247648811_0883f88bbd_z.jpg

9247670313_7000f63d66_z.jpg

9250448414_3f84d48aa0_z.jpg

9247661973_7bf168dcfa_z.jpg

9250439968_bf281c1934_z.jpg

9247655979_0116a7724d_z.jpg

9250434000_8b006477b5_z.jpg

WOW... the colours (Canada) are amazing!!

So that one piece has actually grown right out of the water now!? I'm assuming the polyps on the end would die, does that effect the rest of the piece at all?

WOW... the colours (Canada) are amazing!!

So that one piece has actually grown right out of the water now!? I'm assuming the polyps on the end would die, does that effect the rest of the piece at all?

Thanks JayPagi, the photo was taken at low tide in my tank LOL. The stag has grown up to the regular waterline only,corals cannot grow out of the water but can tolerate being out of the water during low tide. The longest time mine has been out of water is 2 hours with no ill effect :)

Love the out of water pic! What's that last one? Pavona?

Thanks Mr. M, actually I am not sure, I have not been able to ID 100% but think it may be a Leptastrea of some kind, it prefers low light but currently it is encrusting a light exposed rock so it is getting a little bleached. It is more of a dark green in the shade :)

LOL Is low tide something you actually simulate or just from evap?

No, I don't simulate "low tide", I just call it that, when I turn the return pump off the level in the tank drops an inch or so.

Yes, that's the second pic in #1191.

Makes sense that AEFW took a toll on the millie. I've managed to import a fresh pile of AEFW crap in my tanks, its still minimal, but let's see.

Your blue stag looks pretty good. I've been trying to get that rich blue back onto that millie. It's polyps are also brown. Honestly, all my millie colors are off, whether its the AEFW or something else, I can't say. That said, my nutrients have fluctuated a bit recently, so there's another possibility. I'm also dosing a potassium iodide supp (not the zeo brand) in low quantities. I would say that it has helped, but maybe I'm not dosing enough. Got K back up to 400 from 290 (pale pale pale colors, using Salifert kit).

Can't say much about the light spectrum, until I have my own insights and experiences :D . Keeping an eye on this one :)

Archived