ReefCleaners.org

NanoTopia's ZEOvit 80L [ ]

NanoTopia

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's going to be anything you want it to be redbugs. They're easy to get rid of. If you find AEFW it's a real PITA!

Yes, been there, done that. I don't see a whole lot of what ever it is, and AEFW is almost impossible to see, you generally see the bite marks it leaves behind. I don't see any traces of what AEFW leaves behind on this coral. It has PE and is growing, and I don't see them anywhere else in the tank. I'll just dip it and keep an eye on it.

honestly more and more i look i actually think it is AEFW cause you can see the middle line down the middle kind of.

ive zoomed it in as much as i can and it might not be red bugs.

This is AEFW, see the bite marks, you can't see the worm.

IMG_1855.jpg

• Like 1

"Doesn't look like AEFW... Does it have a yellow body and a red head?"

The picture is a few posts back, the more I look at it the more I think it is not Red Bug, and definitely not AEFW. Looks like some kind of pod, a bit like an isopod.

No one wanted this one at the LFS, got it cheap because well... it's brown! ...not to me it isn't.
8469133544_19c9b55484_z.jpg

This Red Planet was sloooow to take off, it just kept incrusting with no top growth (original frag in background), then...it decided it was in charge and started to table. Colour is a bit dark but I can live with that.
8469153108_95528c5757_z.jpg
You get all sorts of things some times when you by maricultured corals, this Acro came with two acro crabs (friendly version, not shown), various macro algae, some clove polyps (not shown) and this clam (not the prettiest I know) but still cool.
8468036173_467a568d3c_z.jpg
  • Like 2

One never knows, but I think that brown Acro will turn out real nice (fingers crossed).

RP growth looks real good. I have found getting just the right conditions for great color is tough on this one.

Cool to have a couple Acro crabs.

• Like 1

One never knows, but I think that brown Acro will turn out real nice (fingers crossed).

RP growth looks real good. I have found getting just the right conditions for great color is tough on this one.

Cool to have a couple Acro crabs.

Thanks, sometimes you have to be patient with these corals :)

Sweet pick ups! we need pic of acro crabs! :)

They are hard to get a pic of because they hid so deep in the coral but I will try for you.

I need to pick your brain!!

Hmmmm, okay, what you find might scare you, LOL.

Acro crab pictures nao!

It's my only focus in life ATM, these guys don't come to the edge of the acro and I can't get the camera angle. I will come up with a shot soon enough though. :owned:

New Vertex Libra Vessels 2.5L Short x 4 for my doser...

8278571039_429a9e2029_z.jpg

I've been looking for these. I ordered some from Premium Aquatics year and they never got them in stock. Where did you order them from? also, do the lids actually seal on the container? what tubing did you use?

I've been looking for these. I ordered some from Premium Aquatics year and they never got them in stock. Where did you order them from? also, do the lids actually seal on the container? what tubing did you use?

I got these from J&L Aquatics Canada, they have some issues with these containers, some leak. I think they are rectifying the problem before Vertex sends more out. The lids seal but the container is designed to allow air to enter through a small hole, otherwise a vacuum would form inside preventing liquid to pulled up. I used silicone tubing, hard to find but the best stuff. The outlet is John Guest fitting 1/4 inch so you need to use RO tubing, at least for the connection. Hope that helps.

• Like 1

I got these from J&L Aquatics Canada, they have some issues with these containers, some leak. I think they are rectifying the problem before Vertex sends more out. The lids seal but the container is designed to allow air to enter through a small hole, otherwise a vacuum would form inside preventing liquid to pulled up. I used silicone tubing, hard to find but the best stuff. The outlet is John Guest fitting 1/4 inch so you need to use RO tubing, at least for the connection. Hope that helps.

Thank you! Where did you order your tubing from?

o, medred. hai!

:-P

Thanks, sometimes you have to be patient with these corals :)

They are hard to get a pic of because they hid so deep in the coral but I will try for you.

Hmmmm, okay, what you find might scare you, LOL.

I noticed that you have great succes with sps (acros) so im divin head first on my edge with sps and I tryin to read all I can and ask as much as I can and hopefully have the same outcome as you with the cool growth of corals that your tank shows:)

Been a while since I posted a FTS, I haven't had time to work on the tank being so busy with all the equipment upgrades. I have stopped dosing Flatworm Stop today for a while and beginning to reduce the quantities of other Zeovit products. I see no signs of AEFW now so by reducing the amount of additives I dose I should see things colour up soon. (I was dosing some of the zeovit products a bit heavy in order to help with coral recovery).
8392781038_3dc51fa2d8_z.jpg

Grat looking creation of yours Christine 1

• Like 1
It's my only focus in life ATM, these guys don't come to the edge of the acro and I can't get the camera angle. I will come up with a shot soon enough though. :owned:

The only time I could get a good picture of mine was feeding time, and that would usually be one arm with an eye. I managed to capture a very early morning walk it used to do from the pocilopora it spent the night in, to the seriatopora it spent the day in. Those were rare shots, especially since I caught him doing the walk of shame. :lol:

• Like 1

Archived