ReefCleaners.org

NanoTopia's ZEOvit 80L [ ]

NanoTopia

Looks incredible.....awesome job christine.

+1 The FTS looks fantastic. Nice and healthy.

Very nice

Thanks everyone, still working on the corals :)

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With a little patience and some help I finally have the Neptune Apex set up and running as it was intended, what a relief. I have put the LED dimming on hold until I decide which direction I wish to go with it. I may purchase a new Vertex SR260 LED or make a second attempt at dimming my existing LEDs using a different driver. Here is the "command centre" as it stands now. :)

8405377521_a010e5ed2e_z.jpg

8405375667_c2050dd19e_z.jpg

The old DA Reefkeeper Lite is now controlling my pico tank.

Regards,

Christine

• Like 2

With a little patience and some help I finally have the Neptune Apex set up and running as it was intended, what a relief. I have put the LED dimming on hold until I decide which direction I wish to go with it. I may purchase a new Vertex SR260 LED or make a second attempt at dimming my existing LEDs using a different driver. Here is the "command centre" as it stands now. :)

The old DA Reefkeeper Lite is now controlling my pico tank.

Regards,

Christine

Can't see the pictures from home, but glad you got it all up and running in the end!

so since this tank has inspired me so mcuh ive actually decided and set up a 15gpeninsula in my living room and im going to run zeolite media, i was going to sart with neozeo cause i got an amazing deal on it, i already have K, strontium, etc etc. was just wondering what you dose often, how often you do water changes (im planning on weekly) and actually how much time you spend on your tank as i have the time im just curious.

than once ive had my experience with zeo im looking to go to zeovit.

i was just told by my local fish store owner (which is the infamous upscales) that he ran zeo for a bit saw better color but thought that it was a waste of money due to keeping his params stable and adding what he needed he thought he got close to the same results.

cant deny him tho just set up a red sea max 180g and upgraded everything on it thing looks perty amazing.

back to topic.

• Like 1

so since this tank has inspired me so mcuh ive actually decided and set up a 15gpeninsula in my living room and im going to run zeolite media, i was going to sart with neozeo cause i got an amazing deal on it, i already have K, strontium, etc etc. was just wondering what you dose often, how often you do water changes (im planning on weekly) and actually how much time you spend on your tank as i have the time im just curious.

than once ive had my experience with zeo im looking to go to zeovit.

i was just told by my local fish store owner (which is the infamous upscales) that he ran zeo for a bit saw better color but thought that it was a waste of money due to keeping his params stable and adding what he needed he thought he got close to the same results.

cant deny him tho just set up a red sea max 180g and upgraded everything on it thing looks perty amazing.

back to topic.

Thank you, I am happy you are inspired by my tank, a real complement :) I do spend a lot of time on this tank, more recently with all the technical upgrades etc. I would say as much as an hour a day, but this is my hobby and I enjoy tinkering with the tank. I'm sure I could spend less time if I had to. I have recently cut back on dosing many of the tweaking supplements, I dose ALK/Ca/Mg/Start3 via a doser and the rest by hand, basically one drop or two every other day. You can get by with the basics (BAC, Start3, Food7, zeolite media) using the Zeovit method with good results. The other tweaking supplements are for colour and health issues in the tank. These are optional and up to you which to use if any. I don't see Zeovit being much more expensive than any other method I have used in the past when everything is taken into consideration. The bottles usually expire before you can finish them, when using on a nano tank.

I do weekly 10% water changes currently, seems to keep my tank in balance and stable.

I have not been using Zeovit for very long (about 6 weeks) so far I am pleased with the system, but it takes more than 6 weeks to see full results so I am looking forward to what's to come. With Zeovit you have to be patient and take a "less is more" attitude to be successful.

Hope I answered all your questions, feel free to ask more,

Christine

Thank you, I am happy you are inspired by my tank, a real complement :) I do spend a lot of time on this tank, more recently with all the technical upgrades etc. I would say as much as an hour a day, but this is my hobby and I enjoy tinkering with the tank. I'm sure I could spend less time if I had to. I have recently cut back on dosing many of the tweaking supplements, I dose ALK/Ca/Mg/Start3 via a doser and the rest by hand, basically one drop or two every other day. You can get by with the basics (BAC, Start3, Food7, zeolite media) using the Zeovit method with good results. The other tweaking supplements are for colour and health issues in the tank. These are optional and up to you which to use if any. I don't see Zeovit being much more expensive than any other method I have used in the past when everything is taken into consideration. The bottles usually expire before you can finish them, when using on a nano tank.

I do weekly 10% water changes currently, seems to keep my tank in balance and stable.

I have not been using Zeovit for very long (about 6 weeks) so far I am pleased with the system, but it takes more than 6 weeks to see full results so I am looking forward to what's to come. With Zeovit you have to be patient and take a "less is more" attitude to be successful.

Hope I answered all your questions, feel free to ask more,

Christine

you answered the ones asked.

im sure i will be asking more. ill probably just shoot you PMs

also what is your opinion if any on "brightwells neozeo"

you answered the ones asked.

im sure i will be asking more. ill probably just shoot you PMs

also what is your opinion if any on "brightwells neozeo"

Interesting you should ask, I use Brightwell Ca, Mg, and ALK currently on my reef. I can't say they are good or not, they do the job basically and I have figured out the dosing with this product now and am scared to change, haha. I have not used their full system so I don't know how well it works. One of the Zeovit secrets is in the zeo media or zeolites, it is said to be just the right zeolites to supplement their other products. I would aim for using the zeovit products exclusively if you were going the zeolite route. Their products work well together.

Interesting you should ask, I use Brightwell Ca, Mg, and ALK currently on my reef. I can't say they are good or not, they do the job basically and I have figured out the dosing with this product now and am scared to change, haha. I have not used their full system so I don't know how well it works. One of the Zeovit secrets is in the zeo media or zeolites, it is said to be just the right zeolites to supplement their other products. I would aim for using the zeovit products exclusively if you were going the zeolite route. Their products work well together.

i see i see..

well i might have to do something with all this neozeo... lol im jk.

ive been using their other products lately. surprisingly im not running zeo and my salifert test shows that afte about a week my K gets sucked up and goes from about 410- about 390-400 so i dose that softly and iodine but besides that ive just been keeping my basic params in check. i havent ran the neozeo yet but i can say the few sps i have are looking amazing and almost fully ext, milli throws his feeders out during the day all the time so i know something is making them happy just not 100 on what yet.

i would like to go zeovit just not in a big money time atm as i just moved etc. (man i cant wait til my taxes get back)

but yeah still need a reactor anyways. ive just been thinking about letting this tank mature for a bit as its less than a onth old. ive been dosing mb7 and reef biofuel my cycle was amazingly fast and its been looking good.

i just heard its better to start a system on zeo instead of bring zeo into a system as you could potentially lose corals.

That's a very nice tank, gorillas! Couple of questions how much is your evaporation a day? Do you have trouble with sps encrusting on others as I feel I might have that problem

Thanks, evaporation is maybe 3-4 litres/day. Corals encrusting on each other is a problem I wish I had more of :P .

Corals compete for space on the reef, things balance out naturally. I find it quite fascinating to see this happen both in aquaria and the open reef.

How did you ever start in this hobby in the first place? Lols odd question sorry

Went for my first scuba dive in Hawaii in 1979. I fell in love with the ocean immediately. Started a marine tank a month

or two later, it was a FOWLR but over the years I kept quite a few species of fish and invertebrates. Some years later I had the opportunity to work on cruise ships, mainly in the Caribbean, Hawaii, and Alaska. This gave me the opportunity to dive just about every island in the caribbean and Hawaii, even do dives in Alaska, Taiwan, Mexico. I did some diving for the Vancouver Aquarium after that, exhibit shows, and a mess of other stuff, even a shark dive show for a short while. I don't dive at all now for health reasons (nothing to do with the sharks, LOL) but my experiences on the natural reefs has given me some understanding of the relationships between organisms that live in the reef.

This is why I refer the competition on the reef and find it fascinating to observe, even in my own home. Hope that all makes sense.

6720788309_92946e9a0e.jpg
If you look closely, you can see the reflections of people in the glass.

Christine :)

• Like 1

Been a while since I posted a FTS, I haven't had time to work on the tank being so busy with all the equipment upgrades. I have stopped dosing Flatworm Stop today for a while and beginning to reduce the quantities of other Zeovit products. I see no signs of AEFW now so by reducing the amount of additives I dose I should see things colour up soon. (I was dosing some of the zeovit products a bit heavy in order to help with coral recovery).
8392781038_3dc51fa2d8_z.jpg

Wow. :wub:

• Like 1

Went for my first scuba dive in Hawaii in 1979. I fell in love with the ocean immediately. Started a marine tank a year or two later, it was a FOWLR but over the years I kept quite a few species of fish and invertebrates. Some years later I had the opportunity to work on cruise ships, mainly in the Caribbean, Hawaii, and Alaska. This gave me the opportunity to dive just about every island in the caribbean and Hawaii, even do dives in Alaska, Taiwan, Mexico. I did some diving for the Vancouver Aquarium after that, exhibit shows, and a mess of other stuff, even a shark dive show for a short while. I don't dive at all now for health reasons (nothing to do with the sharks, LOL) but my experiences on the natural reefs has given me some understanding of the relationships between organisms that live in the reef.

This is why I refer the competition on the reef and find it fascinating to observe, even in my own home. Hope that all makes sense.

6720788309_92946e9a0e.jpg
If you look closely, you can see the reflections of people in the glass.

Christine :)

is that you diving in the picture?!? if it is that BC suit looks nicer then mine lol

Wow. :wub:

Thanks a bunch ;)

is that you diving in the picture?!? if it is that BC suit looks nicer then mine lol

It's me all right :P

That's cool I wanna go to San Jose to see the montrary bay. Have you been there? I hear its really interesting

I have not unfortunately, I have been close many times however. I think I have been to San Francisco 10 times at least. I would like to visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium one day soon.

lookin good!

Thanks SDartifex :)

For those people following Zeovit, this is my current dosing plan. Sorry, this wont make much sense to those who do not follow Zeovit methodology:

Monday FWS = 1mL + CB = 1mL (mixed)

Tuesday XTRA = 1mL, SP = 1 drop

Wednesday BAC = 1 drop + CS = 2mL (mixed), PIF = 1 drop

Thursday CV = 3 drops, AAHC = 1 drop

Friday FWS = 1mL + CB = 1mL (mixed)

Saturday XTRA = 1mL, SP = 1 drop

Sunday BAC = 1 drop + CS = 2mL (mixed), CV = 3 drops

I turn the skimmer off for 2 hours after dosing, I dose in the AM before lights on. I also dose KBS when needed. Start3 is 0.1ml twice a day via automated doser. Zeolite's are 200mL and I have increased the flow recently to 40GPH through the reactor, it was at 20GPH before. Ca/ALK/Mg are maintained by automated doser.

• Like 1

Archived