ReefCleaners.org

NanoTopia's ZEOvit 80L [ ]

NanoTopia

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Amazed by your work and your tank!

Thanks, I guess I am a bit obsessed, you think? :)

so awesome. i really want one of the vertex vessels for my ato

I did hear they were making a 5L version but have yet to see it. There are just the two versions available I know of: short and tall, both 2.5 Litres.

+1 awesome tank. Does Zeovit cost a lot?

Thank you :) I would say Zeo is not that expensive for a nano tank, those little blue bottles are expensive but they last a long time. I have never added up the operating cost of my tank so I can't give you any numbers. I would say the benefits out weigh the cost.

This is what happens when you get a little carried away with filtration :lol:

8282187215_17fff6b7d6_b.jpg

8283243846_9d52759fbd_z.jpg

8283245036_e6fb3e6032_z.jpg

8282186641_c3fc07aab8_z.jpg

8282185415_59746bc246_z.jpg

8283246304_37e31b2569_z.jpg

All this for 20 gallons of salt water, I need help omgomgomg omgomgomg

Looks like that was made by NASA!!!

Yes, you do have a problem.......you need serious help.

goddam NT, Looking good!

Thanks Jessy-Ray :)

Looks like that was made by NASA!!!

Yes, you do have a problem.......you need serious help.

:lol:

Preparing for the next launch.

Maybe there is an Equipment Anonymous in your area ...

Looking super though ! Wow .. More than impressive ! AWESOME ! How tall is that rack btw ?

Maybe there is an Equipment Anonymous in your area ...

Looking super though ! Wow .. More than impressive ! AWESOME ! How tall is that rack btw ?

Thanks a bundle Albert, I could found "EA" Equipment Anonymous, I know I am not alone, LOL.

The rack is about 5 1/2 feet tall. I tried to put as many electronics on the top as I could, easier to see and work with. It also protects them if there was ever a water spill. I do like the idea of having all my equipment and controls easily accessible, this make it more likely I will see any issues and perform maintenance on it. My tank also sits at a high level, 4 feet, I just don't like having to bend over to see my tank. Back issues, :P

Regards,

Christine

Thanks a bundle Albert, I could found "EA" Equipment Anonymous, I know I am not alone, LOL.

The rack is about 5 1/2 feet tall. I tried to put as many electronics on the top as I could, easier to see and work with. It also protects them if there was ever a water spill. I do like the idea of having all my equipment and controls easily accessible, this make it more likely I will see any issues and perform maintenance on it. My tank also sits at a high level, 4 feet, I just don't like having to bend over to see my tank. Back issues, :P

Regards,

Christine

Looks just awesome and a lot of attention to detail and setting it all up for easy access and maintenance and as you say being able to see what is going on ! A Guinness Book of Records for Equipment for a 20-G but hey that is what this hobby is all about : fun and being able to tailor it all the way one likes!

Ok....that's just insane! Are you sure you're not hiding a 200 gallon sps monster tank nearbys? Just excellent.

Any early zeo observations?

Thanks Bello, No 200 gallon tank but my system could handle it. Things are stable and growth is increasing. Nothing bad to report, corals do however look happier. Can't explain it, my observation only.

Thanks for info on lights, been looking through your thread and your tank is amazing. This whole zeovit concept is pretty much a way of running a tank to keep the nutrients as low as possible correct?

http://fresh.amazon.com/product?asin=B000W...∼=detail

thats the bottle that im using now. i really want something that is much better looking for the kitchen counter :D

LOL, it does the trick but not as sexy IMO :)

Thanks for info on lights, been looking through your thread and your tank is amazing. This whole zeovit concept is pretty much a way of running a tank to keep the nutrients as low as possible correct?

Thank you and ULNS is correct.

Just spent a while wakeup.gif with your thread.

Impressive setup! Those are some happy corals.

Been looking high and low for black silicone rimless aquariums, where did you purchase yours from?

Thanks in advance.

I purchased it from Petsmart in Canada. Run of the mill tank really but it has held water for 16 months so far so I figure it was a good buy. I liked the dimensions more than anything. Not sure of the manufacturer. Could be Fluval but not sure.

MeanGreenEyes

8283243846_9d52759fbd_z.jpg

8283245036_e6fb3e6032_z.jpg

8282186641_c3fc07aab8_z.jpg

8282185415_59746bc246_z.jpg

8283246304_37e31b2569_z.jpg

All this for 20 gallons of salt water, I need help omgomgomg omgomgomg

Subscribed...absolutely in love with this!! Coming back to read this thread when I get some time. Love it!!! How do you like the Profilux doser? Would you recommend it? I've been considering getting one.

Subscribed...absolutely in love with this!! Coming back to read this thread when I get some time. Love it!!! How do you like the Profilux doser? Would you recommend it? I've been considering getting one.

Happy to have you along for the ride, thanks for your complements :)

The Profilux doser is a quality piece of equipment overall. I would say the accuracy of the dose requires quite a bit of tweaking. I program 1mL dose, I get 0.2 mL. I program 2mL dose, I get pretty much 1mL. When setting for small doses like 1-5 mL, accuracy can be off. You can calibrate or just test by catching the dose in a syringe with the plunger removed to measure amount dosed and make adjustments from there. If you want more accuracy with small doses I would recommend the Vertex Libra Stepper Pump Doser, runs about $650 or so. It uses a more accurate motor to deliver more precise doses. Probably better suited to a nano set up than the Profilux for this reason. I will say that the doses with the Profilux are consistent and reliable. I have not had it long and already wonder how I ever lived without it :)

Happy to have you along for the ride, thanks for your complements :)

The Profilux doser is a quality piece of equipment overall. I would say the accuracy of the dose requires quite a bit of tweaking. I program 1mL dose, I get 0.2 mL. I program 2mL dose, I get pretty much 1mL. When setting for small doses like 1-5 mL, accuracy can be off. You can calibrate or just test by catching the dose in a syringe with the plunger removed to measure amount dosed and make adjustments from there. If you want more accuracy with small doses I would recommend the Vertex Libra Stepper Pump Doser, runs about $650 or so. It uses a more accurate motor to deliver more precise doses. Probably better suited to a nano set up than the Profilux for this reason. I will say that the doses with the Profilux are consistent and reliable. I have not had it long and already wonder how I ever lived without it :)

Amazing indeed what those dosing pumps can run. Many years ago I had several from Cole-Parmer, and they were even more in those days and yes a lot of tweaking was needed too even then ...

NanoTopia's Zeovit 20G Reef

FILTRATION & OPERATING SYSTEM

7048462589_82c985ec97_q.jpg6661976961_07a1e3e205_q.jpg8235417340_db14de7a0a_q.jpg8282185415_59746bc246_q.jpg

8282186641_c3fc07aab8_q.jpg8283245036_e6fb3e6032_q.jpg8245980810_58fabba366_q.jpg8283243846_9d52759fbd_q.jpg

Latest FTS

7974660271_32bb6ce6d3_z.jpg

Many Changes have been made to the reef - New FTS coming Soon !

8149687141_af6cfcbbd7_q.jpg8029702940_068b71e272_q.jpg8128936169_95338e745e_q.jpg8029731866_c58cb4e859_q.jpg

7397859304_7e9935e9c9_q.jpg8225848494_2f60ce3376_q.jpg8159866039_e3fee404d9_q.jpg8142569371_4e20903e6a_q.jpg

EQUIPMENT

• 20 Gallon Rimless / CPR Overflow
  • 10 Gallon Sump / Tunze return pump / Vertex 300 micron sock
  • Cleartides Zeovit reactor 90
  • Skimz SM121 skimmer
  • Vertex Illimilux X3 LED (108W total)
  • Vortech MP10 ES w
  • Tunze Nanostream 6015
  • Tunze Aquawind Fan
  • Tunze Osmolator 3155 ATO
  • Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper Lite / temp probe
  • Pinpoint pH monitor probe
  • Vertex grounding probe
  • Milwaukee Digital Refractometer
  • GHL Profilux 4 Pump Doser

DOSING

• Zeovit(Zeobac, ZeoStart3, Coral Vitalizer, Coral Booster, Flatworm Stop, K-Balance Strong, Potassium Iodide Fluoride, Coral Snow, Xtra, Sponge Power, AAHC, Amino Concentrate LPS, GAC)
  • Brightwell Aquatics (Ca, ALK, Mg)
  • RO water (Vertex RO Filter)
  • D-D H2Ocean Pro Salt

FEEDING

• Zeovit Coral Vitalizer (liquid suspension)
  • Reef Nutrition Oyster Feast (fresh)
  • Piscene Energetics Mysis (Frozen)
  • Piscene Energetics Cyclop-eeze (Frozen)
  • Seachem Garlic Guard (Liquid)
  • Omega One Marine Pellets / Mysis (Dry)

PARAMETERS

• SG: 1.025 ppt [Milwaukee Digital Refractometer]
  • Temp: 78.5 F [Digital Aquatics Probe]
  • pH: 8.0 - 8.1 [Pinpoint Probe] [Elos]
  • KH: 7.0 -7.5 dKH [Elos]
  • Ca: 420-430 ppm [Elos]
  • Mg: 1300 ppm [Elos]
  • K: ~400 ppm [Elos][Red Sea Pro]
  • I2: ~0.06 meq/L [seachem]
  • NO3: ~0.25 ppm [Elos]
  • PO4: 0.00 - 0.01 ppm [Hanna Checker]

LIVESTOCK

• SMALL POLYP STONY
  • Acropora anthocercis "ORA Red Planet"
  • Acropora echinata
  • Acropora formosa
  • Acropora gomezi
  • Acropora millepora
  • Acropora striata
  • Acropora tortuosa "Cali Tort"

• Montipora confusa
  • Montipora capricornis

• Montipora digitata "ORA German Blue Polyp"
  • Montipora tuberculosa "pokerstar"

LARGE POLYP STONY

• Hydnophora rigida
  • Acan
  • Leptastrea
  • Palyotha [Green]
  • Zoanthid [Green]
  • Zoanthid [blue]
  • Purple Gorgonian

FISH

More fish coming, now in QT

• 1 Blue Chromis

INVERTEBRATES

• 1 Cleaner Shrimp
  • 2 Blue leg Hermits
  • Various Snails

JUMP TO INDEX

test

So I decided to Upgrade my controller from the Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper Lite to the APEX system. I will now have mobil device access to my reef via a D-Link Wireless N Dual Band MediaBridge DAP-1513, full LED dimming and simulation on my Vertex LED's (I am upgrading to dimming Meanwell drivers). I went with Lab grade pH and ORP probes as well, along with the the temp probe standard.

8319925697_dfc8ed8ba3.jpg
APEX does not include a wireless bridge with their systems so I will add this one.
This avoids having a cable running through the house to the tank.

8319953467_7794c0847a.jpg

With the APEX iPhone APP I can control whatever I set up from my phone.

8321085382_cfaf7a304a.jpg

I have a lot of set up work ahead of me and am pretty excited about having virtually unlimited control of my reef from anywhere in the world. Equipment should arrive next week.

I figure I will move the DA Reefkeeper Lite to my Pico tank to control two channels of LED, Heater, and Fan.

Archived