Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NanoTopia's ZEOvit 80L [ ]

NanoTopia

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice pictures Christine, what camera are you using ? Glad you made a great comeback after afwe . If I gotten it i probably crap my pants then take a break from the hobby

• Like 1

Been a while since I posted a FTS, I haven't had time to work on the tank being so busy with all the equipment upgrades. I have stopped dosing Flatworm Stop today for a while and beginning to reduce the quantities of other Zeovit products. I see no signs of AEFW now so by reducing the amount of additives I dose I should see things colour up soon. (I was dosing some of the zeovit products a bit heavy in order to help with coral recovery).
8392781038_3dc51fa2d8_z.jpg

What a beautiful tank Christine.

• Like 1

Nice pictures Christine, what camera are you using ? Glad you made a great comeback after afwe . If I gotten it i probably crap my pants then take a break from the hobby

Thank you, I am using a DSLR Nikon D3000 standard lens. Nothing fancy really. I almost scraped the tank when I found out about the AEFW but many people here encouraged me and said I could beat it, so I persevered.

What a beautiful tank Christine.

Thanks Kat, yours is not only beautiful but also famous :bowdown:

How do u have your monitor set up on your stand ? Is it a phone ?

Looks like an Ipod touch to me

Yes it is a old iPod I had kicking around. It works wirelessly to connect to the Apex, I can turn outlets off and on and look at charts much easier than on the Apex display. I also use it for my dosing calendar.

• Like 1

Anyone see what I see?

Looks like its time to bust out the bayer.. Or maybe a pipefish is in your future? :P

does your gorg ever shed?

random but i think mine started to and im hoping they do as i dont want it to be a bad thing. (scary)

I've heard its normal for them to do that to keep algae and parasites from growing on 'em

• Like 1

does your gorg ever shed?

random but i think mine started to and im hoping they do as i dont want it to be a bad thing. (scary)

It did when I first got it but nothing since then, I have a lot of flow on it though.

Looks like its time to bust out the bayer.. Or maybe a pipefish is in your future? :P

I've heard its normal for them to do that to keep algae and parasites from growing on 'em

Hmmmmm :(

Kill em all. The AEFW I mean..Velvet Nudibranch?

Are you sure it's AEFW?

Are you sure it's AEFW?

Don't worry its not hard to fix, just gotta have a keen eye and some time to dip. I had to deal with these buggers a few weeks back on a mille colony that is now looking better than when I bought it.

They do look a lot like AEFW, but the photo isn't the best to tell. Have you noticed any tissue loss, like something was eating it from the bottom up?

Nice shot of those little sob's !!!

Indeed

Don't worry its not hard to fix, just gotta have a keen eye and some time to dip. I had to deal with these buggers a few weeks back on a mille colony that is now looking better than when I bought it.

They do look a lot like AEFW, but the photo isn't the best to tell. Have you noticed any tissue loss, like something was eating it from the bottom up?

I don't think it is AEFW. No bit marks, they are not eating tissue...

Looks like red bugs IMO

Bingo, this is what I am thinking but the body looks different and they don't seem red enough, what you think?

Do you have any kind of tissue loss at the base?

Nope. I battled AEFW for several months in my tank, I have developed a keen eye for the flat worm and it's trail.

personally it doesnt look like AEFW to me either.

looks like "red bugs" to me.

coral rx worked for me youll be able to tell if they are ONLY on your smoother acros.

not millis etc.

also i heard that dog medicine works but idk if i like the idea of it lol.

check out marvins reef.

It did when I first got it but nothing since then, I have a lot of flow on it though.

Are you sure it's AEFW?

funny you mention flow as this has been the first time its done this and i moved my powerheads around and my gorg is getting ALOT less flow than it was before.

mightneed to move it again..

I'm going to dip tomorrow morning, then inspect what comes off if I can. I'm not 100% convinced it's Red Bug, but it might be :(

• Like 2

I'm going to dip tomorrow morning, then inspect what comes off if I can. I'm not 100% convinced it's Red Bug, but it might be :(

honestly more and more i look i actually think it is AEFW cause you can see the middle line down the middle kind of.

ive zoomed it in as much as i can and it might not be red bugs.

Archived