inTank Media Baskets

PicO Aquariums

PicO Aquariums

Is the return pump included with the deep blue 18x18x16 and if so what is used? Btw the tanks looks impressive. Is there a 2 week lead time for the DB18 starfire black silicone or are they in stock?

All tanks are made to order and the pumps are hydor pumps.

Chris, in advance of my tank arriving tomorrow I have a quick question. I see that you added the Kessil to your site and my question is specifically about the gooseneck. I'm trying to figure out if I should actually mount it directly to the tank. Think it will be an issue? I'm debating adding some foam or rubber to the inside of the mount so it won't be metal on glass.

edit: Apparently a spacer came with the gooseneck for rimless tanks. I'll have to see if I can locate it.

I have always used craft store foam 1/8" equivalent when mounting clamp on lights to my tanks. Not just for padding but it helps add grip.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have always used craft store foam 1/8" equivalent when mounting clamp on lights to my tanks. Not just for padding but it helps add grip.

Thanks, I was planning on using something similar. As a side note, the tank came today!!! Stunning work. These are off the iPhone but I'll get some better pics once I get her leak tested and all set up, hopefully this weekend. I'm glad I went with black silicone, it really sets the tank off IMO!

i-9dhtJPb-L.jpg

i-SD8xgxQ-L.jpg

i-2QsRxtC-L.jpg

archambeault

Anxiously awaiting my Manta Ray 18 :D . I currently have a 40B with a 250 MH but I'm looking to break that down and move some of the contents into the Manta Ray with AI lighting.

nice josh! tell me what was the turn around time from ordering to actually recieving the tank? i currently have an order to get one built (not from pico aquarium, ordered mine before i found this site :angry: ) but the builder is taking quite long (dont think he started and the order was a month ago)so i may cancel the order and get one from pico. waiting to see the finish of your tank. thx

nice josh! tell me what was the turn around time from ordering to actually recieving the tank? i currently have an order to get one built (not from pico aquarium, ordered mine before i found this site :angry: ) but the builder is taking quite long (dont think he started and the order was a month ago)so i may cancel the order and get one from pico. waiting to see the finish of your tank. thx

Just under two weeks from order to delivery and plenty of communication along the way. Really, I can't say enough about Chris and his company. I've got it up and running and most everything lined out. I'll get some pics soon.

Gerbil - Do you run the fuge light 24/7 or only have it on when the tank light is off?

thx! do you know if picoaquariums still honor the promo code for a free fuge light if i order the DB 18?

I'm sooo tempted to hit the buy button! argggh!

Just under two weeks from order to delivery and plenty of communication along the way. Really, I can't say enough about Chris and his company. I've got it up and running and most everything lined out. I'll get some pics soon.

Gerbil - Do you run the fuge light 24/7 or only have it on when the tank light is off?

Josh, the fuge light runs when the tank lights are off. Right now that's 17 hours because I'm acclimating my corals to my new lighting setup, but in a few weeks I'll have them on a 12/12 hour cycle.

My DB18 should be here tomorrow. "I'm so excited, I just can't hide it, I'm about to lose control and I think I like it...":) Bonus points to anyone who can guess the name of the song and group, hehe. Anyways, here is where it will sit:

photo3-3.jpg

photo4-1.jpg

I couldn't find a nice stand that was 18x18 so my friend and I built it out of 3/4" plywood (ok, he did most of the work but I stained it!).

nyknicks4412
Sweet stand! Also, do I get bonus points for singing the words in her voice? I grew up in the 80's so that was an easy one to guess!

I am curious what skimmer's will fit in the sump areas? The only thing holding me back is the limiting number of skimmers you can use with the tank. What will fit in the Deep Blue 18? Tunze 9002...

I am curious what skimmer's will fit in the sump areas? The only thing holding me back is the limiting number of skimmers you can use with the tank. What will fit in the Deep Blue 18? Tunze 9002...

Chris sells a few on the site, one of which I got. The Aqua Life Mini has fantasic customer reviews on marine depot and so far so good with mine. It is of course still breaking in so it is a glorified bubble factory right now but if the ~50 reviews are right it should be more than enough once it gets going.

Honestly, for a tank this small I'm really on the fence whether it will do much good. I plan to do 15% water changes weekly once it cycles so the skimmer is as much for piece of mind as it is anything. At minimum I'll have it in case something goes completely haywire.

To answer your first question, the sump width is 4" for all tanks if I recall correctly from the youtube video Chris put up. The only difference is the height, obviously your tank is much taller than mine (16" vs 9").

photo5.jpg

Uh oh....UPS strikes again!

Thank God for Chris' packing job!!!! :P

photo6-1.jpg

Whew, tank has water and a piece of live rock in it!! It looks awesome!! Not sure if I am going to keep the AI nano as it seems kinda dim, but then again, I am used to 400 watt Radiums.

photo7-1.jpg

Sorry for the crappy iPhone pics. I'll try to use my Canon next time.

PicO Aquariums

Hey everyone. Just finally bit the bullet on becoming a formal sponsor of Nano-Reef. Long over due but the time has come to make it official. I want to thank everyone for supporting me and getting me to where I am today with this and I hope the future is bright for PicO. Up until now my only advertisement has been the feedback and word of mouth I have gotten from everyone in the community. You guys are great and I hope to continue to grow and offer great products to you all for a long time to come.

Oh noes! Dang UPS! I'm glad your tank came out perfectly fine Maximus! I just put in my order for the Ridge 24. I'm really scared of UPS now...

Congrats Chris on being a sponsor! I have heard nothing but amazing news on your tanks. I guess I'll find out in 2-3 weeks. :happy: I'm excited!

Thanks Mike. The waiting is the hard part but once you receive the tank, you will look back and say that it was definitely worth the wait. Congrats on becoming a sponsor, Chris!

PicO Aquariums
Is the filter portion permanently glued into the aquarium, or can it be removed completely without cutting it out?

It's fixed in place. I'm sure it can be removed but I wouldn't want to try it. I can sell the unit without the filtration if that's what you are looking for.

Maximus-looks great man! I'll get some pics of mine this weekend up and running.

Chris-congrats on the sponsor status/forum. I wish you continued success!

Archived