Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

PicO Aquariums

PicO Aquariums

I will also be adding the option for felt bottoms on all the smaller units and padding for the 18" units.

Chris, you must have ESP. I was going to ask if you recommend foam or something similar under the tank. Apparently you do. Too late (or early) to have that option added to my build? If so let me know how much to send your way. Also, what size/type return pump comes standard? I'm pretty sure I'll just use the stock one for a while but likely will upgrade at some point.

Great video by the way! I'm getting pretty excited, finding a stand has proven a PITA though.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a white high density foam and it is $15 for the DB18 and MR 18

Chris, you must have ESP. I was going to ask if you recommend foam or something similar under the tank. Apparently you do. Too late (or early) to have that option added to my build? If so let me know how much to send your way. Also, what size/type return pump comes standard? I'm pretty sure I'll just use the stock one for a while but likely will upgrade at some point.

Great video by the way! I'm getting pretty excited, finding a stand has proven a PITA though.

I figure i would make it a bit easier for everyone and give the option of adding it.

the foam is only needed for the 18" tanks but as pointed out by one of my customers adding felt to the bottom of the smaller tanks is a nice touch for sliding them a bit if needed and also adding a bit of cushion.

Just made Reef Builder with the video!

I was telling my wife how much I hate making videos. Guess only a few thousand more people will see it now :lol:

Josh, I feel for you on the stand. It's not easy finding a 18x18 stand. Chris, I think I see another opportunity for you.:)

Btw, how thick is the white foam?

Josh, I feel for you on the stand. It's not easy finding a 18x18 stand. Chris, I think I see another opportunity for you.:)

Btw, how thick is the white foam?

:owned:

about 1/4"

I will try to get some pictures on here or the site soon.

Cdelicath could you show us how you made that light for the 1 gallon pico reef that you had a while back? It was a pendant style light that would be perfect for a tank like mine.

Cdelicath could you show us how you made that light for the 1 gallon pico reef that you had a while back? It was a pendant style light that would be perfect for a tank like mine.

there should be a write up on here somewhere. that was a long time ago.

I will see if I can find it but I can't remember much about it really.

Josh, I feel for you on the stand. It's not easy finding a 18x18 stand.

I wound up just ordering a solana stand today. It's 22x22 so obviously not exactly what we need but checks the rest of the boxes I need it to.

:owned:

about 1/4"

I'm in for one, ha. Since it's not on your site yet, can you PM with the paypal address and total for it? I'm wondering if I can wrap it in black felt or something so it blends in with the tank better. Is there a chance the ATO will be done before my tank ships? Doubtful, but if it will you can just include that in with the foam bill. :lol:

Wow the Naked Series is frigging awesome. And here I was getting all set to email you with some questions about a custom AIO system I'm planning and then the Nakeds come.

Am curious as to what type of overflow systems you're planning on offering. You also mentioned offering sumps? VERY excited to see these!

Obviously the decision between AIO and a drilled sump system is a big one...I'm still debating but really like your products and don't want to purchase anything until your 2012 product line has been completely released. To be honest the wife (i.e. Chief of Financial Affairs) actually prefers a system with a sump, as equipment is more easily hidden. I was initially thinking of going AIO, however, as we have a sofa table on which the tank would look AMAZING.

In other words, I still have some thinking to do, especially with the release of your Naked series and talk of sumps. My only big issue with going with a sump is finding a nice stand. Decisions, decisions.

I look forward to seeing you new offerings in the near future! Any more insight on your future products is greatly appreciated!

I wound up just ordering a solana stand today. It's 22x22 so obviously not exactly what we need but checks the rest of the boxes I need it to.

I'm in for one, ha. Since it's not on your site yet, can you PM with the paypal address and total for it? I'm wondering if I can wrap it in black felt or something so it blends in with the tank better. Is there a chance the ATO will be done before my tank ships? Doubtful, but if it will you can just include that in with the foam bill. :lol:

I am going to do more scouting tomorrow for black foam this week before I add the options on the site for the felt and foam.

The ATO is on hold again until I find someone to draft my pcb design in Eagle PCB so I can get the boards manufactured. Again if anyone here has experience with this PM me.

Wow the Naked Series is frigging awesome. And here I was getting all set to email you with some questions about a custom AIO system I'm planning and then the Nakeds come.

Am curious as to what type of overflow systems you're planning on offering. You also mentioned offering sumps? VERY excited to see these!

Obviously the decision between AIO and a drilled sump system is a big one...I'm still debating but really like your products and don't want to purchase anything until your 2012 product line has been completely released. To be honest the wife (i.e. Chief of Financial Affairs) actually prefers a system with a sump, as equipment is more easily hidden. I was initially thinking of going AIO, however, as we have a sofa table on which the tank would look AMAZING.

In other words, I still have some thinking to do, especially with the release of your Naked series and talk of sumps. My only big issue with going with a sump is finding a nice stand. Decisions, decisions.

I look forward to seeing you new offerings in the near future! Any more insight on your future products is greatly appreciated!

I am still looking for size ideas for the naked series I added a few common sizes to kick it off but I would like to add 5 or so more sizes.

I have a sheet of acrylic coming in tomorrow and I plan to design and prototype a sump this weekend. I would love to give a time frame on all this stuff but I have been getting much love lately and the added orders are making those prototyping goals hard to hit :owned:

I am not 100% set on the overflow design yet either. I know I would like to offer floating boxes and corner boxes though.

Thanks for the info on the black foam, I hope that works out. Next question is on ATO. Given you sell the Tunze 3155 on your site is it safe to assume I could use it on my MR18 without issue? After watching the video it sounds like I would place it in the final compartment where the return pump rest.

PicO Aquariums
Thanks for the info on the black foam, I hope that works out. Next question is on ATO. Given you sell the Tunze 3155 on your site is it safe to assume I could use it on my MR18 without issue? After watching the video it sounds like I would place it in the final compartment where the return pump rest.

Yep chamber 3 it will fit.

i can't decide between a Manta Ray or a Deep Blue!!!

Manta Ray's are in for sure. I think this is the year of the shallow tank :P

:ninja:

id go MR but i really like shallow tanks

I just bought the db18, really excited, it was a tough choice between that and the mr18, but I decided 9" in height just wasn't quite enough for me personally. I almost asked Chris if he could do an 18x18x12 for me, but I decided I bugged him way too much, and I just went with the db18. I really like the fact that the db18 is 16" high (not 18"), that is pretty much what made me decide to go with that tank. Chris was an unbelievably good sport throughout the whole process dealing with all of my indecisiveness. Can't wait to get the new tank!

I just bought the db18, really excited, it was a tough choice between that and the mr18, but I decided 9" in height just wasn't quite enough for me personally. I almost asked Chris if he could do an 18x18x12 for me, but I decided I bugged him way too much, and I just went with the db18. I really like the fact that the db18 is 16" high (not 18"), that is pretty much what made me decide to go with that tank. Chris was an unbelievably good sport throughout the whole process dealing with all of my indecisiveness. Can't wait to get the new tank!

That's awesome! I'm about to start following your thread!

Im considering either a DB15 or a MR18.. i really like shallow tanks but I'm not sure.

Wow, how many of us are part of the first wave of new PicO Aquarium owners? I have a Manta Ray 15 arriving on Monday so I'll be in on the fun too.

bdaniel5278

Just received my MR 18 today and set it up already, BTW thanks Chris, great quality work on the tank, i love it, heres a quick pic or two

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

rock work looks great can't wait to see more.

Sooo, Chris made me an awesome tank about a year ago now and really knocked it out of the park. I guess it was a precursor to your Naked series:) here are a couple older shots. The system has grown in much more (pretty much over packed now haha) but it showcases the cleanliness of a gorgeous rimless system.

qqvakw.jpg

3515m9y.jpg

Subtract my tank mounted lighting and you can see that in his naked tanks, it forces you to look at and appreciate the inhabitants, as if nothing is between you and them:) Really love it, thanks again Chris!

((PS when you get the auto top off systems done I may be coming back to you lol. Finish that up!))

Chris, any word on the black foam? Also, is there a chance my tank will ship next week? I'm trying to gauge how much time I have left to pull the rest of the tank together.

Archived