Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

PicO Aquariums

PicO Aquariums

PicO Aquariums
Chris, I've been tellin em, no1 believes me... Your work is beautiful....

I shoot for perfect with every tank.

The only thing I have to offer over big companies is my perfection and my customer service.

I'm not kidding either. I'm am typing this while eating lunch with my daughter at the pizza place.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I shoot for perfect with every tank.

The only thing I have to offer over big companies is my perfection and my customer service.

I'm not kidding either. I'm am typing this while eating lunch with my daughter at the pizza place.

haha it shows man. that is easy to see.

I like the clear silicone because it allows you to see the bluish sides of the starphire glass. I'm looking at my small 8g ADA tank and I really enjoy the light blue tint on the glass. Black silicone prevents you from seeing the bluish tint.

On the other hand, black silicone prevents unsightly algae growth that would show up on the clear silicone.

Just curious Chris, but how do you attach the filter compartment to the rear of the glass? Silicone?

PicO Aquariums
I like the clear silicone because it allows you to see the bluish sides of the starphire glass. I'm looking at my small 8g ADA tank and I really enjoy the light blue tint on the glass. Black silicone prevents you from seeing the bluish tint.

On the other hand, black silicone prevents unsightly algae growth that would show up on the clear silicone.

Just curious Chris, but how do you attach the filter compartment to the rear of the glass? Silicone?

It is sealed in with the black.

PicO Aquariums

I havent decided if I am going to offer them up on the site or not.

The Aqua Life mini I have on the site is a great option that I stock at about the same price point. They have done such a good job I decided to hold off at least for now and bring things to the market that are in more demand.

I havent decided if I am going to offer them up on the site or not.

The Aqua Life mini I have on the site is a great option that I stock at about the same price point. They have done such a good job I decided to hold off at least for now and bring things to the market that are in more demand.

whats the minimum level of water they have to be in? my new tank is only 10in. deep

Hi Chris, I just submitted my order - Manta 18, Starphire, and black silicon! This will be my first tank in a number of years, to say I'm excited about jumping back in with such a well reviewed and quality nano is an understatement.

I will likely add a few items to the order over the next few days such as a top off and skimmer. It's been a while and I'm a bit out of the game so I would like to do a bit of research first and didn't want to miss the free fuge light.

edit: Weird, I just got an email saying you refunded my purchase. Was that intentional or just a glitch?

PicO Aquariums
whats the minimum level of water they have to be in? my new tank is only 10in. deep

Should be 7" i think

MISCELLANEOUS

▪ Power Cord Length: 1.4 m / 4.5 ft

▪ Pump Wattage: 8 w

▪ Collection Cup Volume: 100 ml / 3.4 floz

▪ Collection Cup Dimensions: 5 x 5 x 8 cm / 2 x 2 x 3 in

▪ Minimum Clearance Above Water Line: 9.5 cm / 3.75 in

DIMENSIONS

▪ Packaging

▪ 5.13 x 4.13 x 9.5 in / 13.03 x 10.49 x 24.13 cm

▪ 1.80 lbs / 0.82 kg

▪ Product

▪ 10.5 x 3.25 x 3.0 in

There's more info on my site at the bottom of the product PDF's

Chris, what do you think about this stand? http://lllreptile.com/store/catalog/reptil...d-18-x-18-x-32/

I just googled an 18x18" stand and this one came up. Will the outside dimensions be exactly 18x18? If not, could you make them exactly 18x18? Thanks again!

Here's a better pic of the same stand. http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?sku=1404393

Yes the outside is 18 x18 give or take a 1/16" :P

Hi Chris, I just submitted my order - Manta 18, Starphire, and black silicon! This will be my first tank in a number of years, to say I'm excited about jumping back in with such a well reviewed and quality nano is an understatement.

I will likely add a few items to the order over the next few days such as a top off and skimmer. It's been a while and I'm a bit out of the game so I would like to do a bit of research first and didn't want to miss the free fuge light.

edit: Weird, I just got an email saying you refunded my purchase. Was that intentional or just a glitch?

Just got back to you in a email Josh sorry for the issue just had the same issue with Maximus831

Thanks for taking the time to re run it guys!

Should be 7" i think

MISCELLANEOUS

▪ Power Cord Length: 1.4 m / 4.5 ft

▪ Pump Wattage: 8 w

▪ Collection Cup Volume: 100 ml / 3.4 floz

▪ Collection Cup Dimensions: 5 x 5 x 8 cm / 2 x 2 x 3 in

▪ Minimum Clearance Above Water Line: 9.5 cm / 3.75 in

DIMENSIONS

▪ Packaging

▪ 5.13 x 4.13 x 9.5 in / 13.03 x 10.49 x 24.13 cm

▪ 1.80 lbs / 0.82 kg

▪ Product

▪ 10.5 x 3.25 x 3.0 in

awesome im gonna look into it a bit more. if you hear or find out more lemme know

<3

Hi Chris,

Loving the new rear chamber design; I'm particularly interested in your Ridge design but am contemplating custom dimensions given the space I have available.

Just curious: I'm guessing a skimmer is meant to fit in the first chamber? I know you are selling the new Hydor SlimSkim on your site but have not read many reviews on this product yet. I'm trying to weigh this skimmer versus the Tunze 9002 Nano. Any thoughts and/or any other skimmers you'd recommend?

PicO Aquariums
Hi Chris,

Loving the new rear chamber design; I'm particularly interested in your Ridge design but am contemplating custom dimensions given the space I have available.

Just curious: I'm guessing a skimmer is meant to fit in the first chamber? I know you are selling the new Hydor SlimSkim on your site but have not read many reviews on this product yet. I'm trying to weigh this skimmer versus the Tunze 9002 Nano. Any thoughts and/or any other skimmers you'd recommend?

Yep chamber 1

I have personal experience with the Hydor unit and I think it works well but it is or was a pain to put together and clean. I don't have personal experience with the Tunze but I have never seen a Tunze product that doesn't work well and I have read good reviews about it.

Just got back to you in a email Josh sorry for the issue just had the same issue with Maximus831

Thanks for taking the time to re run it guys!

No problem Chris, looking forward to my first tank in years :D

Hey I want to make up some new shirts and have some fun with it. I need some good funny ideas.

Here's a few I came up with to start it off.

6773613220_a7f9ed9faa.jpg

6773613182_725c3ed20f.jpg

6919728173_ce52d792af.jpg

Someone actually posted this statement over on Reef Central

6773613210_b5f35b5254.jpg

EDIT:

Best design get's a free shirt and a oatmeal pie!

Yes. Simply yes. & custom light brackets too :ninja:

That's another possibility.

"PicO aquariums we do it all. and only half as bad as the other guys"

LOL i love it

Best design get's a free shirt and a oatmeal pie!

PicO Aquariums

Have your way with our PicO Naked Series.

These cubes are a blank canvas for your aquatic dreams. COMING SOON!!

6774682280_fa22fed5f5_o.png

Overflow kits and sumps to follow!

Archived