inTank Media Baskets

Double Vortech & Radion 60g Cube

Criley7

Have you messed with any other light modes? Have you gotten good growth out of the natural setting?

I haven't messed with artificial mode yet. So far all my corals are doing great but other than birds nest and some monti's I don't have other SPS. But I plan to get some! Since the natural mode is really only at peak output for a short time I was thinking of trying to have a higher intensity for a longer part of the day.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I haven't messed with artificial mode yet. So far all my corals are doing great but other than birds nest and some monti's I don't have other SPS. But I plan to get some! Since the natural mode is really only at peak output for a short time I was thinking of trying to have a higher intensity for a longer part of the day.

I was just wondering cause I know at 10k-14k you will get much better growth than a light at 18k-20k. But I also saw less "color" if not in a more blue light. At least with t5's this is the case, so I wanted to see if you experienced this also with LED

I was just wondering cause I know at 10k-14k you will get much better growth than a light at 18k-20k. But I also saw less "color" if not in a more blue light. At least with t5's this is the case, so I wanted to see if you experienced this also with LED

I didn't want to mess with the spectrum and mixing light colors which is why I started with the natural mode. I really like the look of the Radion, but I must say that the stock lighting on the RSM was very good.

BTW, there doesn't seem to be much info anywhere on how folks are playing with the artificial mode.

I didn't want to mess with the spectrum and mixing light colors which is why I started with the natural mode. I really like the look of the Radion, but I must say that the stock lighting on the RSM was very good.

BTW, there doesn't seem to be much info anywhere on how folks are playing with the artificial mode.

Yea I just ask around here what settings people use for ideas and to see results. Do you plan to add any blues and mess with lighting or are you content?

I would like to have a blue night mode, but the software for that isn't there yet. It seems to me that there is plenty of blue already, so, so far I'm happy, but like I said I think I'd like a stronger intensity for a longer time of the day, so I might start to mess with the artifical mode.

I would like to have a blue night mode, but the software for that isn't there yet. It seems to me that there is plenty of blue already, so, so far I'm happy, but like I said I think I'd like a stronger intensity for a longer time of the day, so I might start to mess with the artifical mode.

Sounds like a plan. Just increase the 100% power duration slowly so you don't bleach everything. Let me know how it works for you and what increased growth you get out of it.

Why don't you guys try this - do a 120 minute ramp on whites. 90 minute on blue green red. And 60 minute on royal blue

Ramp them upto

Whites 65% - then 20min ramp up/down to 85% for two hours for noon

Royal blue - ramp to 95-100%

Blue ramp to 90%

Red 80-85

Green 75-80

Also - I noticed you said your bleaching halfway down your tank - the whites burn..which is why I suggested a lower number of 65%

Why don't you guys try this - do a 120 minute ramp on whites. 90 minute on blue green red. And 60 minute on royal blue

Ramp them upto

Whites 65% - then 20min ramp up/down to 85% for two hours for noon

Royal blue - ramp to 95-100%

Blue ramp to 90%

Red 80-85

Green 75-80

Also - I noticed you said your bleaching halfway down your tank - the whites burn..which is why I suggested a lower number of 65%

I was mainly bleaching only the corals that came from t5's that I just got, at "noon" for me I have everything at 100% except for white which is at about 30%-40%

I was mainly bleaching only the corals that came from t5's that I just got, at "noon" for me I have everything at 100% except for white which is at about 30%-40%

Ah I gotcha. Cannon fodder ;)

Thats what I do sometimes thinking they will be fine and they bleach. So I either start on the sandbed and move up to the final spots or I use extra screen on top and every week just remove a layer. I'm too impatient and hate acclimating! I want it there right away! Haha

Yea I stick them on the sand bed for a few days then the back of the rock work about 4 inches higher then I just mount them. But I won't adjust my lights or use a screen cause it would pisses off everything else lol. Tbh I don't acclimate anything except tempurature...and mandarins lol

Your purple bonsai is to die for!

Thank You NanoTopia! :bowdown:

I looked at your pictures on flickr and you have some awesome stuff yourself, but you dont have a thread for to comment? Awesome tank!

Thank You NanoTopia! :bowdown:

I looked at your pictures on flickr and you have some awesome stuff yourself, but you dont have a thread for to comment? Awesome tank!

I should probably rename it, lol. 80L rimless

Archived