Pod Your Reef

Brad's ADA-ZEO 60p | New pictures! 0603

brad908

I vote take out the rock and take a double syringe(like the two part epoxy syringes) with peroxide in one, techm in the other and squirt it onto the base. The peroxide will break the growth cells down, the tech m should melt the roots in the rock.

Thanks, I will try it this weekeend. Should I remove any sps and torch coral before doing it? Will leaving them attached to the rock while rinsing off the peroxide have any ill effects?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks, I will try it this weekeend. Should I remove any sps and torch coral before doing it? Will leaving them attached to the rock while rinsing off the peroxide have any ill effects?

Nah as long as your rinsing in fresh saltwater or hypo saline. I wouldn't suggest rinsing in Rodi

One of the pieces I picked up on Sunday.

Great pink and green color to it

leihsmans0419_zps57c835a7.jpg

Fantastic piece Brad, I love the colours on it, should be a fast grower for you, you'll be fraggin" in no time :)

Christine

Fantastic piece Brad, I love the colours on it, should be a fast grower for you, you'll be fraggin" in no time :)

Christine

Thanks, Christine. I was very surprised at the size of this, always hard to tell true size from pictures.

In other news....I posted before how my floors were all damaged in one spot; it turns out I have to replace all the flooring in my living room and kitchen because that type of locking system my current floors use, is no longer made.

I am a little concerned about the tank and how I am going to move it around for new floors to be installed.

Probably be easiest just to set up a Rubbermaid in my bedroom for a day.

I am a little concerned about the tank and how I am going to move it around for new floors to be installed.

Probably be easiest just to set up a Rubbermaid in my bedroom for a day.

That's what I would do. Your tank inhabitants should be fine as long as you have your heater and powerhead going in the Rubbermaid. I've done this a few times and it always goes ok.

Don;t forget to take lots of pics/angles for the scape so you can recreate it, unless you're thinking of re-scaping. Either way post the pics here Brad :D

Don;t forget to take lots of pics/angles for the scape so you can recreate it, unless you're thinking of re-scaping. Either way post the pics here Brad :D

It is technically only two rocks. I used that black pond foam stuff to glue all the rocks together, stuff is is indestructible.

After seeing pschom's 24x24x12 tank in person on Thursday night, I want to set up the 24x24x9 I bought from rehype like 6 months ago.

Question,,,,can I add dry rock to the tank with no problems? Or should I stick it in a bucket for a month?

You can set it up. As long as the dry rick is free of organics. So I would do a muric acid dip. Rinse in rodi. Then set it in saltwater for a daybto let the ph stabilize then they will be safe to add to tank without causing a cycle

• 2 weeks later...

Starting to get some price quotes.

ADA 90p 36"x18"x18" - $500 plus like $200 shipping. Plus Glassholes kit.

Miracles 36"x18"x18" - $795 shipped. 3 starphire sides

Deep blue 36"x18"x20" - $219 for non reef ready. Plus glassholes kit.

Reef Savvy 36"x18"x18" - waiting for quote.

ADA 120p 48"x18"x18" - $300. Local might be selling it, he will let me know in a few weeks. Bigger than what I wanted, but great price.

Starting to get some price quotes.

ADA 90p 36"x18"x18" - $500 plus like $200 shipping. Plus Glassholes kit.

Miracles 36"x18"x18" - $795 shipped. 3 starphire sides

Deep blue 36"x18"x20" - have to call lfs. I want the non reef ready and add a Glassholes kit

Reef Savvy 36"x18"x18" - waiting for quote.

ADA 120p 48"x18"x18" - $300. Local might be selling it, he will let me know in a few weeks. Bigger than what I wanted, but great price.

Have you considered the Reef Octopus T90? Mine with the overflow was around $420 shipped.

Have you considered the Reef Octopus T90? Mine with the overflow was around $420 shipped.

Looks like they come drilled on the bottom. I don't want to drill through the top of my stand.

I think me aqua makes a 36x18x18, I will have to look at that also

Mmmmm reef savvy.... It's mucho $ but damn the tank is unbelievable as far as quality, the silicone work looks crazy, I'll have to get a pic of it, it's like it's not even there. I recently picked up a 26"x24"x20" 3 sided starphire glass, Smoked grey glass back pane, with External overflow, it's so sick!

Mmmmm reef savvy.... It's mucho $ but damn the tank is unbelievable as far as quality, the silicone work looks crazy, I'll have to get a pic of it, it's like it's not even there. I recently picked up a 26"x24"x20" 3 sided starphire glass, Smoked grey glass back pane, with External overflow, it's so sick!

Interested to see what their quote is. Have you seen an ADA tank in person? Idk if silicon work can get much better. Leaning towards the ada 90p.

But it will be my fiancés decision since it will be a wedding present. Just gonna give her a list of options and let her pick.

48x18x18 sounds pretty awesome. That would be, awesome. Too much awesome?

Might be too big. I don't want a giant tank, it would be double the length of mine now.

side shot

side0508_zpsda2e2d3c.jpg

full side

sidefts0508_zps914c0591.jpg

ORA Frogskin colony i picked up locally on sunday for only $40

orafrogskin0508_zpsdb0ef6fe.jpg

FTS

fts0508_zpscbc8d176.jpg

This is looking real nice! What's the story with the monti caps? They coming back for you or no?

Wow, the FTS's look great, you have some fantastic pieces.

Thank you

This is looking real nice! What's the story with the monti caps? They coming back for you or no?

Thanks. Monti caps suck lol. The idaho grape is doing okay since it is off to the side. The one that is directly in front of the mp10 has browned out but has insane PE. The pink strawberry field (or whatever it was called), is hanging on.

It is definitely from too much flow, but everything else in the tank is happy so not sure if I should turn the mp10 down or not.

I need a towel.
Brad your tank is awesome. Seriously this is going to look phenomenal grown in

Thanks guys. Pretty excited to sit back and watch it grow.

Caps are the best. They just don't like ur über perfect system with dosing pumps and super flow. They prefer the laymans aquarium....mine! :lol:

looks so good brad. thought about adding another mp10 sometime? also if you want that curve 5 i have id be willing to let it go. i dont think im gonna have a use for it.

Archived