ReefCleaners.org

Brad's ADA-ZEO 60p | New pictures! 0603

brad908

Don't go nuts. You can make saltwater and put a couple power heads in buckets and dip the rocks! I have done that for flat worm infestation so it will work. Might make your corals angry for a few weeks, but they'll come back.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't go nuts. You can make saltwater and put a couple power heads in buckets and dip the rocks! I have done that for flat worm infestation so it will work. Might make your corals angry for a few weeks, but they'll come back.

lol not because of possible red bugs; which I don't see any evidence now that the lights are on.

I will just leave this one picture here

661901FB-2FB6-4E18-AE28-6F23461F7F39-913

albertthiel

Thanks, shame that you have to sell all your stuff.

Thanks, Albert.

Bunch of stuff coming in the mail today : ultra flex tubing, gate valve, apex pm1, lab grade ph probe. Just waiting on the sump! (Comes next Tuesday)

Looks like by the time you read this you will have it all together ... +1

Are they the basic ones ... as a lot of those can just be sucked out and if that is one for a few days in a row IME most of them will be gone and if not there are a few good prods on the market to get rid of the remaining ones in the manner you suggest pshomm.

I do not have any (cross my fingers) and they disappeared strangely enough after I started using the Oxydator as before that I did have them, not massive amounts, but a good number of them. FWIW

bobssecrtsn

Redbugs are easily to see if you know what to look for, you don't see them now but try shining a light when the lights are off, they usually stay in te polyps when lights are on!

bobssecrtsn

I just finish going through black bugs, it's a pita once the corals are established and when you see one acro not having p.e and another. It really sucks. Black bugs are a different type of redbug but the same species. If I were you I'd treat the system now since its new.

Wait was the tank leaking? And it was causing the flooring to bow?

Not from the tank. We aren't sure what the cause is, but they have to keep ripping the floor up until they find a source. Battle between condo association vs me. who is responsible?

EB4347D2-6888-4ECB-9CA3-178127CB8925-913

Redbugs are easily to see if you know what to look for, you don't see them now but try shining a light when the lights are off, they usually stay in te polyps when lights are on!

I used a flashlight this morning before the lights came on, couldn't see anything. I will look again.

Took them out of the tank and couldn't see anything. I don't think revive kills redbugs but I gave them a bath anyway.

a4e48820b42e5c2b2c8165e3c3b24235_zpscf18

More zeo

Still waiting on my Zeovit reactor so I can officially be 100% zeo. Ordered a long time ago. Damn UK

Zeovit yay!!!

You must post step by step what you do :ninja:

Do you already have the zeolites?

Over the past 2.5 weeks I have done a drop daily of :

Zeo food 7

Phol's Xtra (sometimes twice)

Amino acid LPS

Coral Vitalizer

ZEObak

Sponge power

I also have my bubble magus dosing zeo start 3 2-times daily based on nanotopia's info.

I ordered my zeo reactor weeks ago, same reactor as nanotopia. Unfortunately, the UK supplier forgot to send it. The tracking provided said it was delivered in USA on 3/20, should be here by now. So I'm not technically 100% zeo until then.

Looks good Brad,

What are you using to test potassium?

B-Balance will lighten corals slightly and improve red coloration in acros. You want to do two larger doses of BB, spaced one week apart. I would do 1mL/5 gallons gross water volume, do this twice over two weeks then reduce to 1 or 2mL/week. If corals don't get too light and you see some red response, you can adjust dosing. I have just started using it myself, I have not seen very much effect from it after 3 weeks, I may up the dose a bit to see if it makes a difference for my Red Planet. I'm going to try a double dose and cross my fingers it has no negative effect.

Christine

Thanks for the info Christine.

Just got back from being in Florida from Thursday - last night, and everything looks good. Always a relief to come back to a problem free tank.

Goodies just arrived. Still waiting on the Zeo reactor

02C64A67-5F45-42F3-B5EB-65A23B8FEE83-563

Thanks for the info Christine.

Just got back from being in Florida from Thursday - last night, and everything looks good. Always a relief to come back to a problem free tank.

Goodies just arrived. Still waiting on the Zeo reactor

Wait, how long has it been now, seems like forever. Frustrating to have to wait huh. Well I hope it comes soon, I need to see all in action :)

Christine

Wait, how long has it been now, seems like forever. Frustrating to have to wait huh. Well I hope it comes soon, I need to see all in action :)

Christine

According to tracking it made it to the US on 3/20. This was Dave's email this morning

HI Brad .. dont worry .. once the parcel as reahed your shores you wont hear from it till its at your door... there a little slow at updating the info and wont show till youve signed for it.

Sorry for the slow delivery and let me know how it goes

dave.

How's the floor? Also, how do you know when and if that place we went has anything new? I want to trade these frags out, but for sps.

How's the floor? Also, how do you know when and if that place we went has anything new? I want to trade these frags out, but for sps.

Insurance came out yesterday. I think they just want to give me a check to fix the damaged spot vs. ripping up the floor until a potential water source is found. I should find out today.

You can add them on Facebook, Exotic Reef Creations. Or they have their own sub forum on WAMAS.

I want some gorg's for my 30c

According to tracking it made it to the US on 3/20. This was Dave's email this morning

HI Brad .. dont worry .. once the parcel as reahed your shores you wont hear from it till its at your door... there a little slow at updating the info and wont show till youve signed for it.

Sorry for the slow delivery and let me know how it goes

dave.

And a long weekend to boot, he's legit just not good at getting his product out. 12 days in customs? What else did you order :ninja: ?

Let me know the second you get it in. :grouphug:

Christine

Well..........even tho I'm just a little jealous..........I'm going to get PADI and I'd like to go with some one if your interested.

Well..........even tho I'm just a little jealous..........I'm going to get PADI and I'd like to go with some one if your interested.

Definitely. When are you thinking of starting?

Reserved some Eco-gorg's to pick up at a local frag swap next Sunday.

1996A3E8-94FF-46D5-8394-CC51A8C484B6-935B8C62080-9270-470E-A6AA-B7AE0F2680F2-935

These are going in the 30c. Need some fish/crab/shrimp options too. Any suggestions?

Brad, what are you doing with the reactor?

Christine

He told me to just super glue it, didn't even offer a partial refund. So I did that this morning and it seems okay. I will do the mod and get it online tomorrow

How as your transition onto zeovit gone? Have you noticed any increase in algae?

Zeo is going great, tomorrow will be 4 weeks and no algae. I will be 100% Zeo tomorrow after I set up the reactor.

Archived