ReefCleaners.org

Brad's ADA-ZEO 60p | New pictures! 0603

brad908

I know :( they should be back up soon. I am going to start using Flickr since it has more bandwidth.

In other news I am very highly considering buying the deep blue 24x24x12 and selling the two ADA tanks and the 18x18x6. I think I could come out about even after selling the tanks and ac50's. Additional cost would be setting up a sump. I'll use the t5 light fixture until I need new bulbs then go with a LED fixture.

I'm about 60/40 in favor of consolidating to one tank.

Thoughts?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely merge the two tanks together. I think you'll be hapier that way.

On a side note, how tall are you?

Pics still not working might want to try imgur

Yup. Gonna start using Flickr. I also responded back to your pm.

albertthiel
I know :( they should be back up soon. I am going to start using Flickr since it has more bandwidth.

In other news I am very highly considering buying the deep blue 24x24x12 and selling the two ADA tanks and the 18x18x6. I think I could come out about even after selling the tanks and ac50's. Additional cost would be setting up a sump. I'll use the t5 light fixture until I need new bulbs then go with a LED fixture.

I'm about 60/40 in favor of consolidating to one tank.

Thoughts?

I upload them to my own site and then link from there and up to now that seems to have worked pretty well for me.

As to consolidating ... not sure I can deal with that as I do not know what is in the tanks and what you are all putting together and what else you are doing but I am sure you have a pretty good plan for it all :)

Albert

Flikr maybe or a site of your own ...

Albert

Yup. Gonna start using Flickr. I also responded back to your pm.

If not Flikr ... not sure but can you make it work from FB or from Pinterest or similar

Albert

imgur ... can you tell me more about that ... ?

Albert

LFS quote on the 24x24x12

$220 for the tank

$190 for the stand. This can't be right, $190 for a crappy little stand?

albertthiel
LFS quote on the 24x24x12

$220 for the tank

$190 for the stand. This can't be right, $190 for a crappy little stand?

Depends I guess on how well it is made to support the weight of the tank but it seems high but not having seen it it's hard to say whether it is or not

Albert

If it is MDF it is high, if it is pine, reinforced and braced it is not too bad.

For reference my custom ADA style stand cost 300 made locally which is 36x18x18

I believe it is mdf.

I think I remember reading pschom's thread and he reinforced his with wood.

Edit.

Maybe he didn't. " Yeah OK, the stand is a little cheap and leaves something to be desired due to the sticky laminate areas, but the construction is sound and the stand is also reef ready for any tank with those dimensions. "

brad if you need a stand lemme know. we can build you one.

Thanks man. Shipping would probably be crazy though.

I pm'd thedoogan about the sizes of the wood for his stand since his is 24x24 as well. So hopefully I can just go into homedepot and have them make the cuts.

I like my deep blue. It's what I wanted at that time and I still enjoy it. I will e going with a custome tank next go round. Stand will probably be prefab. Something contemporary. I think if you have the money go less on the stand and more on the glass. You'll be happier that way. Stand is a box to hold your stuff. That's pretty much it. Long as its not some 1965 deco retro wood piece wood can be made to look how you want it.

But yeah I like my tank.

I disagree, I have seen many stands made of MDF and similarly cheap materials sag or start to separate.

We are talking a lot of weight here, not to mention pesky salt.

Other part of today's shipment

KL6Hw.jpg

MXoDR.jpg

KUwJn.jpg

Zoa's are pissed. Ran out of epoxy so gluing will wait till Sunday

Realized the clown has ich :( think it was stressed being so big and in a small tank

• Like 1
albertthiel
Other part of today's shipment

Zoa's are pissed. Ran out of epoxy so gluing will wait till Sunday

Realized the clown has ich :( think it was stressed being so big and in a small tank

Here is one link for you:

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-08/sp/index.php

and http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2003-10/...ature/index.php

giving a large number of treatment solutions (there are more but these articles are written by pros with input from Sanjay Joshi and Eric Bornemann and others). and also

http://www.bestfish.com/saltich.html

Good luck with the clown ... on the Zoa's ... if they were just added it may just be a reaction to a changing environment and water quality IMHO ... but you know what you did and how so you can I am sure figure out what to do ... just adding the links on Cryptocaryon irritans for those not familiar as much with it as they would like to be ...

A.

Thanks for the links. Unfortunately the clown passed away the next day.

Battling green hair algae in the 60p. I only feed 2 sometimes 3 times a week and still do 5 gallon water changes every week.

Is it possible my bulbs need replacing? Just about 6 months old now.

Archived