ReefCleaners.org

Brad's ADA-ZEO 60p | New pictures! 0603

brad908

No idea. Either take the one of my 60p, which is massive. Or wait till the LFS gets a nice one again.

Or maybe some nice plates

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

brad908 for your temp concerns I would begin measuring ambient temp and lay that over your apex tank temps.

it is then you can find out the difference.............and if agressive fan blowing and top off will keep it cool enough..................or more drastic steps are required

I'm going to have to run the air condition all day or buy a fan. A fan would make much more economically sense.

measure like I said the ambient versus the tank temps when

he AC is off. You can cool an additional 2-3 deg by top off and aggressive fans.

If your tank temps get within 3 deg of ambient room temps then

it will not cut it.

Room A/C or a chiller would need to be considered at that point.

I have had tanks that ran hotter the. optimal around 81.5 degrees.

the trick was I had run that temp close to 24/7 by bumping up he heaters because

while it was sustainable at 81.5. it was not sustainable at 81.5 during the day

and then 77 at night.

I've removed the top since the heat has been in the high 80's. So over a week now.

Today the tank got up to 79.84. That's with no top and all the blinds closed. But it was also only about 85 today.

I will def need a fan, probably a chiller once it gets into the high 90's on the reg. or run the AC because we have a dog as well

cec77ac1.jpg

I have also noticed hair algae which I can really only contribute to the increase in heat

I'm seeing the exact same thing. Even hair alge, which is probably not gha but another kind of turf or something. I used to let it grow in patches in my bio cube cause we thought it looked cool. Then it started getting out of control. I'm also getting more algae overall. Never researched whether higher temps contributed to increased algae or blooms. I'm going to be getting a chiller.

BTW I love the graph. Lol.

Just found this. Makes sense.

http://www.thereeftank.com/forums/f6/tank-...reak-83766.html

Thanks for the link. idk if I should raise the tank to 81 during the summer or not. When we are home the AC drops the tank temp dramatically. The heater was just on for about 45 min.

Maybe I have to get an emerald crab?

I'm gonma scrub the rocks and do the usual 5g water change tm

Pschom... Someome said the deep blue tank and stand you have is $180? Seems way too good. If you don't wanna say the price just say yay for within $150 and nay for over lol.

Anyone play any ps3 online? More specifically COD, NCAA football, or NHL?

Well I live in Rockville so I overpay for everything... Tank was around $340 with stand, but you need a sump so I think for everything w/out light it was $400 or so. I could have gotten it cheaper if I shopped around, but I had to sell the BC29 HQI at the same time to fund the deep blue so everything had to be swapped out at the same time.

And...I'm trying to play COD right now but my wife is watching some show......

yeah i got the nice ones:) BRAD they are looking good!

Thanks man. They are growing nicely. I was honestly a little shocked to see what 6 heads looked like since I was used to buying mini colonies haha. But I'm happy.

I'll def need more frags in the future :)

Well I live in Rockville so I overpay for everything... Tank was around $340 with stand, but you need a sump so I think for everything w/out light it was $400 or so. I could have gotten it cheaper if I shopped around, but I had to sell the BC29 HQI at the same time to fund the deep blue so everything had to be swapped out at the same time.

And...I'm trying to play COD right now but my wife is watching some show......

I feel you on that with the whole dc/20 mile radius paying thing.

Which cod do you have? I think the last cod I bought was like a year n a half ago when I was a junior or senior. Black ops. Def buying the new one tho.

My psn is brad9087.

I just won these zoa colonies for $9.99 each and $50 shipping. $80!

d4e37931.jpg

32fbb311.jpg

920191fe.jpg

I made sure to read the description 50 times over and it is the full colony

Whoa looks nice. I'm thinking about starting a nano bare bottom deep blue with a kessil a150 and keep only zoas. I'm tired of trying to combat freaking red slime algae.

Ah ####, better take it out before it crashes the tank. :lol:

Does A1 give decent value for coral trade ins?

Archived