inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Yea i really like the Vortech's too! The MP40 in my 50 gal is awesome!

KAT.......Did you put the new bearings in?

Actually got a new dryside as a gift from JBB. :wub:

The noisy dryside is going to be my 3rd MP10 for nutrient export deep clean canister filter weekends.

Good luck getting rid of the flatworms Kat! Drastic times...

I WILL PREVAIL!

_pew-pew-pew.jpg

• Like 3

Only one thing has ever worked for me in getting rid of flatworms. Not Flat worm exit ( does not kill them ) , not a 6 line wrasse ( ignores them), and not blue velvet nudi's ( theyre just too slow).

Malanerus wrasse - A flatworms worst nightmare.

But they grow to big for your puny sump. LOL

• Like 3

Not big enough! 19x17 filled up 12 inches

That's about 16-17 gallons so it's not too bad. That's more water volume that my sump has for my 40b.

For future reference, (WxHxD)/231=gallon volume

• Like 1

Only one thing has ever worked for me in getting rid of flatworms. Not Flat worm exit ( does not kill them ) , not a 6 line wrasse ( ignores them), and not blue velvet nudi's ( theyre just too slow).

Good to know Zeph, looking at Kats display on here has somehow infected my tank and :P now i also have FW :(

So i'm looking for the quickest most effective remedy mah self.

That's about 16-17 gallons so it's not too bad. That's more water volume that my sump has for my 40b. For future reference, (WxHxD)/231=gallon volume

It is less than that because the return pump chamber holds less than 12 inches of water and then the rocks sand and macros displace water too. I think my fuge capacity is about 12 gallons being that I run is 3/4 full only

Good to know Zeph, looking at Kats display on here has somehow infected my tank and :P now i also have FW :( So i'm looking for the quickest most effective remedy mah self.

My FW are in the fuge Zia. I'm lucky that the display is not affected. If you can, then up the flow so that its really windy in there the FW will migrate to low flow areas. Alternatively shine a light on one spot in the tank after dark. FW will congregate there, suction them out.
  • Like 2

I got a small one for my 12l figuring after it was done in a few months is give it away. Wrong. It was done in a mere week-2 weeks if I recall. I'm getting a few too many again. I may have to get another baby melanarus :)

• Like 1

I have 3 acro crabs. 2 seem to be friends with benefits. But then one of them does the scuttle of shame and goes back to its own acro. I got them from live aqauria.

Ya, I've seen them on DD from time to time. I like the little white ones and have been looking for a place to get them from online for awhile now. There were some on pacific east aquaculture for awhile, but when I came back to buy them they were gone :( The one I have is a big red/purple like the two of yours that you showed a photo of.

I used to have 2 of the white Ines with the black stripe in the eyes. I erroneously gave one away in a mini colony I sold and the other, Bandit, died in hurricane sandy. :(

I got a small one for my 12l figuring after it was done in a few months is give it away. Wrong. It was done in a mere week-2 weeks if I recall. I'm getting a few too many again. I may have to get another baby melanarus :)
How small?
I used to have 2 of the white Ines with the black stripe in the eyes. I erroneously gave one away in a mini colony I sold and the other, Bandit, died in hurricane sandy. :(

How small?

The one I got last time was about 3 inches. They get pretty big pretty fast though so buy as small as you can find it if you go that route.

It is less than that because the return pump chamber holds less than 12 inches of water and then the rocks sand and macros displace water too. I think my fuge capacity is about 12 gallons being that I run is 3/4 full only

I figured as much.

KAT GOT A NEW CLAMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!! omgomgomg

• Like 2

:slap: And NO! You canNOT have her. :angry:

As if you could stop me. You will be spared the nap because you have better luck with Maximas than I do. I think its because your cuter.

• Like 1