Coral Vue Hydros

tell us how too =P.

Parents are gonna mount a 700GPH koralia right at the nem to get it to move. If it doesn't we're in trouble because all of my prize colonies are right there..... ): stag, kat, ORA valida, aculeus. D:

jedimasterben

Looks like an anemone settled itself in the middle of the center island as well. UGH Telling my parents how to get it to move.

Borrow kat's beating stick!
  • Like 1

Looks like an anemone settled itself in the middle of the center island as well. UGH Telling my parents how to get it to move.

LOL I see that on the life stream :lol:

• Like 1

Just checked the stream and was like "Why the hell is the water so low?" Then a bucket comes in from the corner.

I stopped watching before that and after i read that i freaked! haha

can't scare me like that! :D

• Like 1

School Rant time.

WARNING: I will be very judgmental in the following paragraphs:

Part 1:

I understand that PTA isn't the most prestigious of professions, the school isn't that hard to get into, it's not that hard to pass, but OMG people in this program refuse to think and act like adults. They constantly bitch about the questions being too confusing, or wordy, or there's too many questions on tests, or there's too much material. IT'S A MEDICAL PROFESSION, NO S*** IT'S CONTENT DEEP. These people act like they can study muscles and nerves for a few hours an be all set, when in actuality it takes, days or weeks to understand musculosketeal anatomy/neurology. What makes it even worse, is that they blame the teacher on their failure, because he didn't make the material "stick." It's not his job to find out the individual ways people retain knowledge, it's your own personal responsibility to do that.

Part 2:

There's a handful of people in class that act like freaking 10 years olds. I'm 100% certain that if you could walk into the class blindfolded and just listen to people talk in that class, you'd think some of them were 10 years old. The worst is when we'll go over one topic, then move on, but a previous topic or phrase pops up again (as that is very common in any profession) and someone says aloud "Wait, what is that?!" I'm sitting there so frustrated because we always end up a half hour behind and we run out of time, so I have to teach the material to myself at home. One guy got so sick of it, he turned to this girl and flat out said. "Please, just stop talking." Even the professor looked relieved, he probably wanted to say the exact same thing.

It just baffles me that in a content deep extensive program, people think acting like an immature child will get you what you want.

AGHHHHH. Even my undergrad wasn't this bad.

/rant.

I needed to rant somewhere. anyways.....

Hi ya'll how are your tanks today?

• Like 8

School Rant time.

WARNING: I will be very judgmental in the following paragraphs:

Part 1:

I understand that PTA isn't the most prestigious of professions, the school isn't that hard to get into, it's not that hard to pass, but OMG people in this program refuse to think and act like adults. They constantly bitch about the questions being too confusing, or wordy, or there's too many questions on tests, or there's too much material. IT'S A MEDICAL PROFESSION, NO S*** IT'S CONTENT DEEP. These people act like they can study muscles and nerves for a few hours an be all set, when in actuality it takes, days or weeks to understand musculosketeal anatomy/neurology. What makes it even worse, is that they blame the teacher on their failure, because he didn't make the material "stick." It's not his job to find out the individual ways people retain knowledge, it's your own personal responsibility to do that.

Part 2:

There's a handful of people in class that act like freaking 10 years olds. I'm 100% certain that if you could walk into the class blindfolded and just listen to people talk in that class, you'd think some of them were 10 years old. The worst is when we'll go over one topic, then move on, but a previous topic or phrase pops up again (as that is very common in any profession) and someone says aloud "Wait, what is that?!" I'm sitting there so frustrated because we always end up a half hour behind and we run out of time, so I have to teach the material to myself at home. One guy got so sick of it, he turned to this girl and flat out said. "Please, just stop talking." Even the professor looked relieved, he probably wanted to say the exact same thing.

It just baffles me that in a content deep extensive program, people think acting like an immature child will get you what you want.

AGHHHHH. Even my undergrad wasn't this bad.

/rant.

I needed to rant somewhere. anyways.....

Hi ya'll how are your tanks today?

I am finishing my fourth year at a University, I hear ya. Kids just complain, complain, complain. If they don't get A's they go to the professor and complain until they get a couple extra points. I deserve the grades I get, even if when they may not be what I expected. Just means you have to try harder. I don't complain when I get a bad grade, I kick myself in the butt and try harder the next time. However, I have had one professor who really needs to retire, and she does grade everything incorrectly. I have since brought that to the department head though, hehehe.

• Like 1

Physical Therapy saved my ass (and back, and left leg). :) The lady helping me knows her shit and it's been extremely helpful to identify the core muscles I need to work on and then actually getting results.

Unfortunately you will meet a lot of stupid people in your life, best get used to it. I used to joke that I was fairly liberal but as I got older I have become less and less tolerant. Honestly I'm pretty socially liberal but I could easily support the death penalty for morons, as long as I'm the decider.

There's judgmental for ya! :D

Did I mention the PT was cute?

• Like 3

Physical Therapy saved my ass (and back, and left leg). :) The lady helping me knows her shit and it's been extremely helpful to identify the core muscles I need to work on and then actually getting results.

Unfortunately you will meet a lot of stupid people in your life, best get used to it. I used to joke that I was fairly liberal but as I got older I have become less and less tolerant. Honestly I'm pretty socially liberal but I could easily support the death penalty for morons, as long as I'm the decider.

There's judgmental for ya! :D

Did I mention the PT was cute?

Would you honestly respect a PTA if she talked like a 10 year old though?

I frustrates me that it frustrates me so much. hahaha

• Like 2

Would you honestly respect a PTA if she talked like a 10 year old though?

I frustrates me that it frustrates me so much. hahaha

If they graduate and get a job most likely they'll get fired and eventually find another line of work. It's sad but it seems a lot of people choose what seems like an easy job they can tolerate rather than something they love to do. I've fired my share of programmers who obviously weren't very passionate about their work. I don't have time for that crap.

• Like 1

Welcome to grad school. PT school isn't the only place this happens. When I was teaching I absolutely LOVED failing those people. Learn your shit or get out and let someone else have your spot in my class. Things should get better as they weed themselves out. Good luck.

• Like 3

Hahaha thanks.

It just seems like the maturity in my generation is much lower than I'd expect. I'm afraid for the future. Hahaha

Ha, but you are the younger generation I'm supposed to think is complete crap. Kids these days, I tell ya. All the same, just different cloths and hardware. :)

• Like 2