Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Micro-Reefs LLC

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
I would just get the SQ model. That is the one I use. Just hook it up to a multimeter that reads mV's and multiply the reading by 5. Voila, accurate PAR readings for $140.

Wow,

Thanks, that's a huge reduction in price. The MQ-200 calculates it in PAR without any conversions but at a much higher price, correct?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

With all the work I've been doing, running around fetching orders and keeping Micro-Reefs LLC running, I will break down and get the model MQ-200...

I never did like conversions in schools, I hate math... :P

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
how's the temperate reef going?!

It has been launched and it's on my site for purchase! I have had three orders, all ready to California divers! For a limited time, I have live rock from CA that will go out with each purchase!

I was able to collect a little more than I needed for my trial runs. You should see the color on this live rock, just the live rock is impressive.

I was suppose to collect corals/critters but was not able to this past Sunday because my dive partner had to have his regulators serviced and the weather was not permissible!

I am trying really hard to make it work this weekend, because everyone and I mean everyone is asking for the tank to be fully stocked!!

I am trying to get it like this and then photograph it and show it off!!! I can't wait, nuff said! B)

MG

Edited by mikeguerrero

i saw the pictures and it looks awesome so far! it's cool to see the completely different biodiversity. i used to go to monterey bay all the time and i can remember a lot of the neat stuff i saw in the tide pools...definitely thinking of getting one! I'll keep checking in on this..

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Update:

Look what came in today from my supplier... B)

6oda1c.jpg

25ri9s6.jpg

s5lrep.jpg

qqtkyc.jpg

9lg28l.jpg

My APOGEE MQ-200 ships today from Utah, so I should get it by Monday or Tues of next week! This means I will have the PAR readings on these fixtures for all you power mongers!!! B)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
You should set up several 2 gallons, all connected to the same sump and the same coral, and see growth under each one all at once!

Duoc,

The first light is UP LED simple fixture and at only 6.9 inches in length, it makes a great companion with the ReaSea filter for our 1.6 gallon pico!

oit00p.jpg

fyizxh.jpg

15wcdmp.jpg

I will have the PAR rating for this tank on Monday!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
streetsong said:
That is a sweet looking light, Mike.

Thanks,

Next up is our Skkye lamp at 4 watts, same size tank 1.6 gallon with Imagine 15 filter...

2q0lwsx.jpg

2rr2crc.jpg

This is our mid-range light for our smallest pico!

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
It's beautiful!!

Thanks,

And for our last presentation it's our highest end LED light for our 1.6 gallon; showed with the Read Sea Nano and then with our Imagine 15 filter. Our acrylic tops fit nice on top of our tanks, reducing evaporation and keeping the tank a NO-CARPET ZONE surfing zone for your fishes!

24zzkt0.jpg

21b4xw9.jpg

kex0yb.jpg

Nice lights! Can't wait to see the PAR readings :D

Thanks Yoshii,

My APOGEE MQ-200 comes in on Monday! I will have PAR on everything your little heart desires, I have been wanting to say that to you forever, but wasn't able to because I didn't own a PAR meter, I finally broke the piggy bank for one!!! ;)

I will go PAR happy really soon! :P

Yoshii, I am planning on running SPS corals with the Hydro Retina fixture tomorrow and taking pictures and posting!

Nuff said!! :o

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Awesome lights, also interested in seeing how much PAR is reduced with the filter flow and cover.

Ruthie,

These LED's don't cost a fraction of the cost as AI LED's and it will be interesting to see what PAR readings it picks up.

Won't happen until Monday!

Edited by mikeguerrero
Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Just a reminder that I get the PAR meter tomorrow. Is there any particular light fixtures on my site that anyone is thinking about in terms of PAR?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

My wholesaler doesn't have that one, I have to have them order and they are delaying me. Pick another.

MG

Quicker if you find it on my site.

Edited by mikeguerrero

Hi everybody.

My name is Manolo Ramos, another happy customer of Micro-Reefs LLC.

I just want to show you the initial and present (12 days) setting of my 2g pico tank.

I ordered the advanced pico package with the T5 coralife lamp that Mike has available and it has been great. I am extremely happy with the tank and how cool it looks.

I set it up on February 1st with uncured live rock that Mike got for me and as you can see, there was some residues that came off the rock and got on the acrylic. Some days later I cleaned the tank with the NanoMag included in the kit and now it looks amazingly well.

Few days after I set it I got a water test kit to check the parameters of the tank. This is are some results of the analyses I have frequently done:

Feb 5th:

Nitrite test Around 1. ppm

Nitrate: around 1 ppm

Total Ammonia: 0.0 ppm

sg: 1.022

Feb 8th:

Added a little more sand.

Nitrite test: 0 to 0.1 ppm

Nitrate: 1-2 ppm

Total Ammonia: 0 ppm

pH: 8.4 to 8.5

Total Alkalinity: 3.5 mEq/l

sg:1.22

Feb 10th 2012:

Nitrite test: 0 ppm

Nitrate: 0.2-1 ppm

Total Ammonia: 0 ppm

pH: 8.25

Total Alkalinity: 4 mEq/l

sg: 1.023

I have been cycling the tank only with the activated carbon and the foam in the filter and 4 hrs a day of lift, just to enjoy it while I am at home at night. Today, I added the ChemiPure Elite to the filter and replace around 10% of the water after cleaning the filter completely.

Something else that has been growing on the live rock besides a just a little bit of algae are some purple (mainly), some pink and white bud formations in several spots on the live rock. They don't look like coraline growing on the surface.

Well, finally, I want to tank Mike for a great customer service and wonderful products. I couldn't be happier with my pico tank. I know patience is key to this hobby but I can not wait to get my first corals.

Saludos everybody.

Manolo

post-71837-1329108661_thumb.jpg

post-71837-1329108841_thumb.jpg

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
mike i really love the 3G tank. beautiful.

any chance if you could deliver to the UK? and how much?

thanks

We are honored that you would consider one of our builds and the answer is yes we do ship international! We have had inquiries from South Africa, and the Netherlands in the past!

Please go to our website and use the contact tab, fill out a request for what you would like and give me the exact full address and contact name for shipping purposes.

I will then weigh the items and give you a free quote to your place of destination! We are excited about such orders going abroad! :D

Mike Guerrero