ReefCleaners.org

Micro-Reefs LLC

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
72x72x72 for my firefish

:lol:

Wouldl you need a metal halide with that... LOL Wanna make me, Mega-Reefs LLC LOL

Could you do the same dims as that acrylic 8g but in glass?

Also, is it regular glass or is it available in starfire?

Yoshii,

I believe my distributor told me it can come in both, but I'm not 100 percent sure. I do know that I have asked for the the dims for the 8 gallon shallow I have on my site already...

I'm waiting for his call back by midweek...

Wait, how am I getting blamed, and why exactly?

That being said MG, you can always send me the whole enchilada...I LOVE ENCHILADAS ;)

Edited by rbaby

That being said MG, you can always send me the whole enchilada...I LOVE ENCHILADAS ;)

If you share you enchiladas then there will be no blame ;)

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

R,

Your 8 gallon has started a craze on my site, your tank has inspired a lot and reefers are ordering the 8 gallon acrylic from me in different backgrounds, the shallow tank has taken off... :o

So, from the extra money that I'm getting from these sells, I will open a Taco/Enchiladas joint and you can eat all you can put away... :P

R,

Your 8 gallon has started a craze on my site, your tank has inspired a lot and reefers are ordering the 8 gallon acrylic from me in different backgrounds, the shallow tank has taken off... :o

So, from the extra money that I'm getting from these sells, I will open a Taco/Enchiladas joint and you can eat all you can put away... :P

I know my two big inspirations for the shallow tank were rbaby, and teamschreiba. So I'm not shocked that there has been a huge interest on your site.

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
I know my two big inspirations for the shallow tank were rbaby, and teamschreiba. So I'm not shocked that there has been a huge interest on your site.

I will bringing in all the equipment needed to run her tank, MP10 and the Hydor 425gph pumps for those that can't get the Vortech.

Will also bring in some nice LED's that much more affordable than the Aqua illumination.

Stay tuned and keep on eye on my site for these add-on .... :)

R,

Uh, what makes you think it's my 8 gallon that did that? Plenty of great shallow tanks up in here~

Thank you jbb <3

I will bringing in all the equipment needed to run her tank, MP10 and the Hydor 425gph pumps for those that can't get the Vortech.

Will also bring in some nice LED's that much more affordable than the Aqua illumination.

Stay tuned and keep on eye on my site for these add-on .... :)

#wheremystuffat?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Uh, what makes you think it's my 8 gallon that did that? Plenty of great shallow tanks up in here~

Thank you jbb <3

#wheremystuffat?

Rbaby,

Don't hide your engine that makes your tank purr... :P I know you use the MP10 and the Nano AI LED's but I forgot what you use for filtration? Are you doing a sump or canister filter? I know you are not doing a HOB filter.

A lot of reefers know it's not just equipment, it's good selection or corals/critter and a lot of patience. You cannot purchase patience.

I think they are in love with the shallow look, at least I know Yoshii loves that look.

So how do we get the specs on your engine? :lol:

Awesome that reefers are motivated by your absolutely beautiful tank, Steven is juiced... Haven't seen him that excited since his JBJ days.... B)

MG

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Update....

I brought in some new additions to our selection of goods based on popular demands, we now carry:

Ecotech Vortech MP10's (Ships Free + pay no taxes if out of California)

Hydor Nano circulaton pump 425gph

BeamsWork 24 inch Reef Bright LED fixture

BeamsWork 24 inch T5 HO fixture

2w3qfqr.jpg

i39zeb.jpg

2nqzdp0.jpg

Looks good Mike. BTW, I think you would make more sales if you explained a bit more (in detail) how the RK Lite works and why it's important. I sure might consider buying one if I knew more about how it 'fits' in with my Pico. Also, you might want to also talk about how to add an ATO as well. Just a few suggestions...

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Looks good Mike. BTW, I think you would make more sales if you explained a bit more (in detail) how the RK Lite works and why it's important. I sure might consider buying one if I knew more about how it 'fits' in with my Pico. Also, you might want to also talk about how to add an ATO as well. Just a few suggestions...

Wow,

ReefKeeper and how it works and why it is important. I think you couldn't have asked for a better person than me for that, why? Well, for one I was among one of the first to own the first Reef keeper that came out back in 2004 when Digital Aquatics started.

Then they upgraded it to the Reef Keeper 2 and I purchased that one. Then they upgraded again to the Reef keeper lite and I got it.... And then the created the Reef Keeper Elite and I got it....

Okay so, I'm familiar with the controllers. I will keep it very basic:

1. Current, very important in a reef tank, since in the wild corals capture particulates of debris/food by this method. RKL allows you two control two independent powerheads, they alternate in seconds or minutes depending on how you set it. Maximizes contact of SW with corals/polyps (big benefit)

2. Filter control, very important that at a touch of a button, it will shut off the main filter allowing a countdown in minutes (set by user), for corals to capture food. (nice feature)

3. Heater/Chiller, very important that a good controller be in charge of this task, many heaters of the past have cheap thermostats that malfunction, thus overheating the tank and killing all. The RKL comes with a temp probe to monitor temps and shut of heater or chiller based on setting. (big benefit)

4. Moonlights, very nice feature, you can control the power of the blue/white/red colored spectrum in you tank with a simple add on. (Creates a glow of the moon for night time viewing)

5. Add-on features PH probe, Salinity probe, have the RKL monitor this and report it to you at a touch of a button. (for the reefer that has to have it all)

6. Aesthetically appealing to the eye, the controller has a nice blue white interface that makes reading easy and it dims in the night so not to disturb you if it's in your bedroom. (I like having the unit at a glance tell me all about my little tank).

Overall, its the best bang for your buck with all the controllers out there... I approve of it 100%, you can believe me, since I owned them from day one.

I use both the RKL on my picos, and the RKE on my 25 gallon display tank...

Hope that sums it up, Chipp....

MG

Here she is monitoring/controlling my Temperate SW pico, that is in R&D

s4ua0g.jpg

Edited by mikeguerrero

Hey Mike,

Can you monitor via the Internet or SmartPhone? What is the overall cost for all of what you just talked about. Does it do have any ATO features?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Hey Mike,

Can you monitor via the Internet or SmartPhone? What is the overall cost for all of what you just talked about. Does it do have any ATO features?

Yes,

Digital aquatics made everything modular, meaning that as you grow with your tank and want extra features; such as the Net, ATO, you make those additional purchases.

This has allowed the unit to stay at a cost effective price for just the controller, temp probe, and one power strip (4 channels) $119

As you add the ATO and Net module you only pay for what you want controlled via the contoller head unit.

I have the ATO on my site and just have not placed photos of all the other add-on with prices. My site has become progressive with reefers demands.

So if, any reefer asks me to go that route, I put it on the site and it becomes part of the family. I have a dealers license with Digital Aquatics so I have access to everything they make.

Hope that helps out....

MG

P.S my younger brother is an IT manager and is a geek for new technology, he is thinking about getting the module for NET, told me it serves as email alerts to your smartphone for important data sharing. Really nice if you like technology that close to you.

Edited by mikeguerrero

Hey Mike!

Really like the look of the new 8g long tanks! Any chance you could put a package deal together that would save some $$$ if all items purchased together?

Thinking of the following:

8g long

T5 HO Advanced

AC 70

Koralia Nano (should be enough for this size right?)

Caribsea Arag-Alive Indo-Pacific Black (10 or 20lbs?)

Thanks

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Hey Mike!

Really like the look of the new 8g long tanks! Any chance you could put a package deal together that would save some $$$ if all items purchased together?

Thinking of the following:

8g long

T5 HO Advanced

AC 70

Koralia Nano (should be enough for this size right?)

Caribsea Arag-Alive Indo-Pacific Black (10 or 20lbs?)

Thanks

Yes,

When you purchase in a package you can save! I have sent you a PM.

Thanks,

MG

Yes,

When you purchase in a package you can save! I have sent you a PM.

Thanks,

MG

Thanks Mike. Not seeing a PM though. Would you mind re-sending?

For anybody interested, here's a quick video that I threw together in about 10 minutes (sorry about the lame music).

This is my the Micro-Reefs.com 10 gallon tank up and running with an AC70 fuge running an InTank media basket and MP10 powerhead. The light is the Micro-Reefs Advanced T5 fixture. It's freshly cycled and not heavily stocked yet, but thought people might like to see what it looks like in operation.

Enjoy!

I've been out of saltwater for awhile and just came back, and WOW. You have some amazing stuff there. I tried pico back in the day but options for tanks and lighting were few and far between. I'm so happy to see your store and can't wait to set up a new pico :-)

I have two questions about lighting though:

1. Does the 12" beams work fixture fit on your 2 gallon? I wanted a sleek/low profile lighting option for the tank, but the marineland and coralife are bulky.

2. What kind of lighting can I use for that one gallon? It seems like you've only got one option there, but it doesn't seem to produce enough light.

Thanks so much!

Lara

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

I've been out of saltwater for awhile and just came back, and WOW. You have some amazing stuff there. I tried pico back in the day but options for tanks and lighting were few and far between. I'm so happy to see your store and can't wait to set up a new pico :-)

I have two questions about lighting though:

1. Does the 12" beams work fixture fit on your 2 gallon? I wanted a sleek/low profile lighting option for the tank, but the marineland and coralife are bulky.

2. What kind of lighting can I use for that one gallon? It seems like you've only got one option there, but it doesn't seem to produce enough light.

Hi Laura,

I am glad you found my site useful. I developed it to be friendly and simple, yet innovative for the pico enthusiast. :)

1. Does the 12" beams work fixture fit on your 2 gallon?

Yes, even though the 2 gallon is 11 inches in length, the beams work without the brackets, (they can be removed), will give a sleek/thin look. It will rest nicely, flush on top of the tank. I use to have a picture with the beams work 12 inch light on top of it. So I know it fits flush, doesn't hang over the tank nor is it too short. Just right. :)

2. What kind of lighting can I use for that one gallon?

I will be posting a picture of the new light to give rise to our 1.6 gallon tank. You are right, the one that I have is too underpowered and is only recommended for betta fish. I should have the light up by tonight, please take a look at my site later on.

Thank you thank you! I can't wait :-D

I forgot to ask earlier...if i were to go with something like the par30 boostled, would there be a place on the 1 or 2 gallon to attach it?

Micro-Reefs Aquariums
Thank you thank you! I can't wait :-D

I forgot to ask earlier...if i were to go with something like the par30 boostled, would there be a place on the 1 or 2 gallon to attach it?

Yes for sure, all our tanks have filter slots were you place the HOB filter. You can place the clip.there or on the filter itself.

MG

Micro-Reefs Aquariums

Lara

I found the picture to answer this question: YES B)

Beams Work 12 inch fixture without brackets fits flush on 2 gallon Micro-Reef

2lvy36c.jpg